You're My Highlight

Love In Au's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You're My Highlight

​​​​

Jessica adjusted the frame of her glasses so it would sit perfectly on the bridge of her nose as she quickened her pace. There were a couple of thick books in her hands, but that wasn't going to stop her.

She was on a mission. 

Jessica hurried her way through the field of her campus, searching for a specific person.

"Yuwree ahh~" Jessica shouted, waving with one hand in the air while she balanced the books she had in her other hand.

"Sicaaaa~" Yuri yelled back. She was about to do her routine stretches on the field when she heard the familiar voice of her favourite neighbour calling out to her. She was shocked to see Jessica there since the bookworm usually spent her time in the library rather than on the field.

Sensing that something was off and that Jessica wanted to talk to her, Yuri jogged to the bleachers.

"I never knew you liked rugby. Or are you here to cheer for me as a fan?" Yuri teased. Jessica punched Yuri's chest causing Yuri to fake a groan in response. 

Jessica laughed as she opened her backpack and searched for the item that she had to give to the rugby player.

"Here," Jessica said while holding the scrum cap out. "You left this at home. Your mom gave it to me." 

Yuri left earlier that morning without the cap so Yuri's mother went to Jessica's house. She complained about how forgetful her daughter was and asked Jessica if she could take the cap to Yuri.

"Ah! Thanks Sica." Yuri thanked as she quickly put on the cap.

"Here let me help you." 

Jessica helped adjust the scrum cap so that it'd fit Yuri's head perfectly. She sealed the last fit making sure Yuri's ears were well protected since rugby was a rough sport after all.

"Done!" Jessica chirped proudly as she teasingly smacked both corners of Yuri's ears, causing the taller girl to whine. A loud cheer and applause from the field could be heard as Yuri's team members made kissy faces towards Yuri like she had just scored a date. Both of them blushed but they knew deep down inside, they were just best friends and great neighbours.

"C'mon Yuwree ahh~" yelled Taeyeon, the  captain of the rugby team. She gestured Yuri to come back from that lovey dovey moment since time for practice was running out and they had a lot to do.

"I'll see you later." Yuri said, smiling as she bid goodbye.

"Have fun." Jessica shouted seeing how Yuri blended well with the team. She didn't know the team captain's gesture of tapping Yuri on the shoulder as the group gathered around. Taeyeon looked back at Jessica with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter