Lucid

Lucid

 

 

Kakuro’s POV:

I still can’t believe it. I did it. Luna’s gonna be so happy. When Takku didn’t return; The one affected the most was Luna. I knew that she liked him. A lot. That’s why I was cheering for them. But then she ended up with Inoo.

I went extra early to school in the morning. Because I know that Yamada’s one of the first ones in our class. Luna was still sleeping, and I don’t intend to wake her up.  I bet she’s still pissed off. I don’t even remember doing anything for her to act like that.

As expected, I was the very first to arrive. I took out the picture I got from Luna’s cabinet and stared at it.

Should I pull through with this?

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

Well, I guess it’s better if I tried.

I waited and waited. 15 minutes passed until the door opened.

“Ah! You’re unusually early, Mizushima-san.”

“Chinen. Good morning.”

“Good Morning!” He beamed then placed his bag on his chair.

“Ah! You’re not with Yabu today?”

“Nope. I’m waiting for someone.”

“I see, Oh. Is it Yamada-kun?”

“How did you know?”

He started taking out his books and placing it under his desk.

“Lucky guess.” He said, while still smiling. He creeps me out. He looked at the door as if waiting for someone and then looked at me;

“There he is.”

What is he talking about? No one’s the—

Ssssshhhh…

I heard the sliding door open and Turned my head.

“Yamada! You’re here!”

He looked surprised to see me here so early. Who wouldn’t be? I was always the last one to arrive now, I guess it’s the opposite.

“Hey there.” He smiled, but still can’t get over the ‘surprised’ look.

I asked around for information about Yamada yesterday. After seeing that picture in his hand, I asked a few girls that had a crush on him before, what he does after school. They said that he goes to the psychiatrist every day, And then told me that because of this, he really must be an introvert.

Now’s the chance. But I can’t wait until dismissal. I have to find out now.

I held Yamada’s hand but he retracted right away.

“Ah. Sorry. Reflex.” He looked down and bit his lip.

I don’t care.

“Come with me. Hurry. And bring your stuff. We’re skipping.”

His face was a huge question mark. But there’s no time to explain.

“We’re going to your psychiatrist.”

“Right now?”

“Noooooo. Maybe next week. Baka Yaro. Of course now. “ I rolled my eyes, grabbed my bag and puled on his hand out the classroom.

“Ah. Should I tell sensei that you’ll be gone?” Chinen asked.

“Whatever.”

******

“Sorry Yamada-san. But your appointment isn’t until the afternoon. Please come back again later.”

Crap.

I slammed my hand on her desk and said

“He’s there though right? The dude? The doctor?”

“Yes, He is. But you’ll have to wai—“

I got my answer. The doctor’s there.  I grabbed Yamada’s hand and pulled him to the door where I believed, the doctor is. Obviously. It said so on the name plate.

“Can’t this wait?” Yamada said as he freed his hand.

“No. This is for you too.”

I opened the door and found Psychiatrist-san on his chair, doing some paperwork. He must’ve heard the Opening of the door so he looked up from what he’s doing and said.

“Oh! Yamada-san! I thought we weren’t until the afternoon!”

“We weren’t. But she forced me to come here.” Yamada pointed at me. The doctor looked at me as if I was something newly discovered. And then the receptionist came in.

“It’s okay. I’m not doing anything right now. I could spare a few moments.” He was still looking at me.

The woman bowed her head and then left the room. Closing the door behind her.

“So, What do you guys need?”

He motioned Yamada to sit down In front of his desk. I sat to Yamada’s right and brought out the picture.

“Sensei,  know about Yamada. And I know what might help him.”

“Really now? I’ve been helping him for 5 years, Nothing seems to work.”

“But I could try.” I gave the picture I have and gave it to the doctor.

He examined it carefully, checked the back and the front. Then his eyes widened. 

“Where did you get this?”

“At home.”

“So, You mean to say…”

“Yes. I know who the girl in that picture is.” I looked at Yamada and added.

“You have that picture with you everyday huh?”

“How did you find out?”

“Meh. I just saw it once. When we were at the rooftop.  You were asleep. And I got curious. You were holding that you know?”

My heart was beating so fast as he handed his picture to the doctor. Yamada still haven’t seen the picture I brought with me; But once he does, It’s gonna be fun.

 

Yamada’s POV:

Sensei was checking the pictures. Who the hell is this girl? I looked at her from the corner of my eyes. She was smiling to herself. I can’t help it, but she is seriously cute.

Eh?

No. This is serious. I shook my head and asked,

“What’s going on here?”

“Yamada… This girl in the picture, Who is she?” Sensei said.

“I don’t know.”

“Why not?”

“I told you. I don’t remember.”

He placed my picture on his desk. And the picture Mizushima brought with her beside it. This time, There weren’t only two people in the picture In front of a tree, But 4.

My head started to hurt.

“Yamada-kun…”

 I turned around to face Mizushima.

“What?”

“The hollow tree in the park. Do you remember it?”

What is she talking about?

“The hollow tree. The see-saw.”

My head is seriously spinning. I grabbed the edge of my seat to keep myself balanced.

 

She was wearing a Sunday dress, Sitting down and reading her book.

 

“Yamada, You know her. The girl in this picture.”

 

She never noticed me. She never looked in my direction.

 

I looked at the picture, The one I’ve been holding onto for 5 years. The girl with me here. I do know her.

“Yamada-san.” The doctor asked then continued,

“Who’s the girl here?”

“My best friend.” I said unconsciously.

 

“Oi! Why do you keep looking at her?”

She said beside me. I liked her. The girl with the curls. But I never knew her name. She always keeps to herself. Reading under that hollow tree.

“Because she’s pretty. I like her.”

“EH?! “ She turned around and placed her hands around , calling out,

“KAA-CHAN! HE THINKS YOU’RE PRE—“

I covered immediately. That ‘Kaa-chan’ Looked at us for a split second then returned to the book.

We were 8 years old. She was my first love. ‘Kaa-chan.’

 

“Now, Yamada-kun. Name everyone in this photo.”

He pointed to a guy with semi-long hair. His eyes were small and smiled as if there’s no tomorrow.

“Inoo Kei.”

The next one he pointed was a girl with long curly hair. She wasn’t smiling though. She just looked at the camera.

“Mizushima Kakuro.”

Next was a girl with straight hair and full bangs. She had white skin and almond eyes.

“Imai Luna.”

And the last guy in the picture was the same face I’ve been staring at in the other photo. A 10 year old kid with the biggest smile in the world.

“ Kagamiru Takku.”

“I see.” The doctor said then added,

“Who are these people?”

“Luna, Inoo, And Kaa-chan. They’re my best friends.”

“Mom! How long will we be away?”

“It’ll just be for three days. And then you can go play with your friends again.”

“Mom, I’m 11! I don’t play with them anymore. We hang out! “

Mom doesn’t get me. We don’t ‘play’ anymore. Because Inoo and Luna are together. Why would they do that? They’re still too young. Couldn’t they wait two more years or so? At least they should have the word ‘teen’ on their ages. I wonder what her mom said when she found out about the two of them.

My mom placed our luggage in our car and I hopped in.

Kaa-chan. When I come back, I’ll confess to you properly. This time, I’ll make sure you’re listening.

My dad sat on the driver’s seat and started to drive away.

When I come back. I will.

“Yamada-san.” I was still staring at the picture, The one that Mizushima-san brought with her.

“Yamada-san. Answer me, Who is Kagamiru Takku?”

I already knew the answer to that. It’s as if my whole world crashed down. Everything was falling into place. These feelings. The headaches, I already knew it. It’s all inside my head.

“Me.”

 

 

*Phew. So there you go. Ta-daaaaa! 

Well, See you guys next time!~ Woot woot! Please wait and see Kakuro's reaction!~ <3