Lucid

Lucid

 

 

Kakuro’s POV:

“Yabu~ I wanna eat.”

“But you always eat, You’re going to get fat.”

I scrunched up my nose.

“Will you hate me then? If I get fat?”

We were walking home together, He’s done with baseball training and offered to fetch me from the mall because it was getting dark. Of course, I had to leave Luna, But she said it was alright. I had no choice but to agree. Our arms were locked, and there were people passing by as we strolled down the sidewalk.

“I could never hate you.”

Silence followed. But it wasn’t the kind of silence that envelops me and Luna. This silence was warm. I kinda liked it.

We finally reached our neighborhood.  We stayed like that. Arm in arm, it was a full moon that night.  I looked up to see his face, reflected in the moonlight. This is the first time I ever looked at him clearly. His bones were well defined and his eyes were so small, looking ahead. His hair looked so smooth that I reached out to touch it.

“What.are.you.doing.” We both reached my house and stopped in front of the door.

“Nothing. Your hair just looked nice. That’s all. I just thought that I’d touch it.”

I took back my hand and he blushed. Hah. He’s so cute.

We went in our house and ate leftovers from last night. You see, I don’t know how to cook. All I can cook is bento food which isn’t exactly that much but, yeah. We went over to the sofa which is our favorite place in the house. We slept there countless of times together, either falling asleep watching a movie or while studying. I lay down beside him on the couch, Where he embraced me so that I could fit.

It was nice. We didn’t kiss, we didn’t have . We just, lay there. We could hear each other’s breath, The beat of our hearts in unison. I turned around and buried my face in the hollow of his neck.

A few minutes had passed.

“Kakuro, Are you asleep?” He whispered in my ear.

“…..”

“Kaa-chan~ Good night.” He gave me a peck on my head and then became silent.

Don’t call me that. I hate it. Call me something else. Something only you can call me.

A name that will tell me that it’s really you calling me out. Yabu, Please tell me this is real.

I had a dream that night. But it was quite vague, all I remember was I was standing on a rooftop. My hands placed on the rail. I looked down and didn’t see the ground, but instead, I saw infinite darkness. Limbo. I leaned in to look closer but someone pushed me from behind. I was slowly falling into a void of nothingness.

 

 

******

 

“Ahhhh. Luna, What time did you get home? Eh? You cut your hair?”

Luna just arrived in class with a new hairstyle. Her side-swept bangs turned into full bangs. She sat down morbidly beside me.

“What’s wrong?”

“That of a barber will tell you what’s wrong! I told him to trim my hair not ‘Cut off my bangs full-on.’ Jeez, is it that hard to understand? AH! Also, let me tell you something, remember, We ran into Nakajima-kun and you tried to—“ She stopped and stared at Yabu, who was sitting across me. It was a gtfo look. If you’re a guy, You’d know it at first glance.

“I get it. I get it.” He raised his hands in surrender and made his way to his seat.

“Anyways, When you tried to woo him--” Luna continued.

“Woo him? Darling, I wasn’t wooing him and I don’t think that we still use that word in this era.”

“You were totally wooing him. I recognized that smile yesterday. I’ve seen you do it to countless of other guys.”

“Shut up.” I said reflexively. She always judges everything I do. I might like Nakajima Yuto, But not so much that I’d ‘woo’ him.  It’d be unreasonable for me to do it.

The bell rang and class started. We got Koba-ho again for Math.

“Okay guys! I want you to pair up with your seatmates!”

Wait, this means I’m getting paired up with Yamada. Well, there’s nothing I can do. He heard what sensei said. I turned my chair around to my left and he was already facing me. He was expressionless. I wanted to punch him so hard. I took a deep breath and smiled.

“Hi, well uh, this is new. So yeah, Here’s what we’re gonna do, You do the activity, I won’t bother you. I won’t talk to you either, and you’ll be able to concentrate. That way, we both get high marks. Okay?”

I know he doesn’t like talking to people so this is great.  I looked around to see how Luna and Yabu are doing. My dear is paired up with Chinen, This small guy that reminds me of a squirrel. I don’t talk to him much but there’s just something about him that I don’t like. He’s too clingy. Luna is paired up with Nakajima, who is beside her. They’re getting along well. Too well. They were both laughing but I can’t hear what they’re talking about. Their activity paper was left untouched.

“Aren’t you being such a ?”

What?

I snapped my head in his direction.

“I said, Aren’t you being such a ?” He placed our activity paper on my desk and pulled his closer to mine. I was shocked. This was the first time someone called me that. It doesn’t feel nice.

“Uh, I’m sorry. I just thought that you don’t need my help.”

“What you think isn’t exactly always right is it?” He went closer until our arms were touching. He started working on the paper and I just sat there stupidly, watching. I saw with the corner my eye Yabu looking at us, But he looked away immediately.

“So, if side A is congruent to side C, what are the similarities?” I don’t know if Yamada was talking to himself, or asking me the question but one thing is for sure, I answered it wrong.

“Isn’t that wrong? I mean, That is a right triangle and the hypnotuse is a bit off. So isn’t side A congruent to side B?”

He stared at me like I was some extinct animal gone back to life. He laughed.

“Are you stupid? This is an isosceles. And there is no hypnotuse.” He was still smiling as he did the rest of our paper.

That surprised me. That Yamada Ryosuke. He knows how to laugh. Huh.

We were the first to finish our activity and he stood up to pass it to the teacher. He returned back to his seat and acted as if we never talked. I got pissed off by his attitude and i couldn't do anything else because we were the first ones to turn in our activity so i decided to call on Luna.

“PSSSSSST. Luna!~”  I tried to call her attention but she probably can’t hear me so I kicked her table and she finally turned around.

“What?” She sneered.

“Jesus, no need to use that tone. Anyways, I can’t eat lunch with you today. Sorry.”

“Nah. It’s fine.”

“... Hey, I noticed, Aren’t you and Nakajima a bit…close?”

“Ah! Like I was telling you a while ago—“She turned her seat around so she was facing me totally then continued;

“I met him after you left. His girlfriend was in a hurry and also left. We kinda bumped into each other and just ate dinner.”

“JUST ate dinner?”

“Yeah! I’m not like you. Letting guys sleep in MY house.”

Ah.

“What’s with the plural? The only guy I’ve ever been with was Yabu. We don’t even do anything.“

“He has his own house though. It’s not like he’s homeless…  Also, Nakajima walked me home. It was nothing though. We talked about stuff. Hey, did you know? Nakajima can play the drums? But his girlfriend doesn’t like it. Because she said, and he quoted: ‘Baby, you shouldn’t play the drums anymore. With every bang you do, you kill brain cells.’ ”

“Every BANG? Dayum, Then she must be one hell of a moron then.” I may not have the cleanest thoughts, but hey, that girl saw it coming. Nakajima’s girlfriend, Tatsuya Rui, Doesn’t actually have the best reputation in school. From what I heard, She dated 3 guys at once. 

“Imai. We’re done.” Nakajima’s hand was slammed on top of her table, with the activity sheet. He stared at me as if he heard what i said, Well crap.

“Ah, sorry, um, I’ll hand it back.” Luna waved her hand, meaning I should go away now. 

After Math, we go on with our usual doings. The bell rings, signaling our lunch break. Yabu usually make bentos for me. It’s weird isn’t it? Instead of me making it for him, he makes it for me. That’s how we roll. He occupies Yamada’s seat, ‘cause every lunch break Yamada’s not there. I like this place. Near the window. I like how the beams from the sun passes through and illuminates everything that is within my radius.

“Oi, Kaa-chan. Aaaaa~” He was offering to feed me shrimp, because two weeks ago, we watched this movie about couples and how they feed each other in parks with their picknic baskets and all.

“Yabu, stop. This is embarrassing.”

“I’m embarrassing?” He pouted and slowly let his chopsticks down.

“No, but still it's-- Fine." I give up.

His face suddenly turned bright and fed me a piece of shrimp. We both laughed, not because we looked funny, But in reality, Because I think we were both actually having fun.

 

 

 

*Well, that's it for today, I'll try to update as soon as i can though :">

Thanks!~ Also; An answer to Trina-san's question 'Who is Takku?'

Takku is, Someone you probably, or probably do not expect. Find out in the next chapter (: