Lucid

Lucid

 

 

Luna’s POV:

“Ai-yaa~ It’s finally lunch time.” I stood up and stretched my arms.

As usual, Kaa-chan is going to eat with Yabu since there aren’t any club meetings or activities. You see, Yabu is part of the school’s Baseball team and drama club While Kakuro takes Kendo and I take Archery.

Yamada stood up from his desk and went outside. Yabu took his place immediately beside Kaa-chan. Yamada was in his usual self. Leaving the room, not noticing anyone or anything. Since I don’t want to disturb Kaa-chan and Yabu I decided to simply follow Yamada. I went out the classroom and bumped into someone.

I looked up and he didn’t say anything. He just stared at me. Like I was the most menacing thing on earth.

Crap. Why does it have to be him?

I bowed my head continuously and ran out to the corridor.

Yuma Nakayama. Our graduating senior. The most popular guy in this school. He can wipe me out in a snap. He’s the one guy  you must remember never to get involved with. He already broke a lot of girl’s hearts.

I shook my head to forget what happened and hurried to the rooftop where Yamada seemed to be headed. I don’t want to be seen as a creeper and such, but I just wanted to talk to him. He’s interesting.

So, I opened the door to the rooftop and found no one there.

“Huh, He must’ve gone somewhere else then.” I was about to go down but then I saw something peeking out from behind the stairs. It was a hand.

I ran towards it and saw Yamada lying down. His face was in pain. I did what my natural instinct told me. I knelt down beside his head and placed his head on my lap.

“Oi, Yamada, are you okay?”

He didn’t open his eyes but kept muttering something.

“Mom, Dad. Save me.”

Huh? Save him from what?

“Yamada! Wake up!” I shook him as hard as I can. I might get punched after doing this, but I’d rather take the risk. After slapping his face countless of times his eyes finally fluttered open.

“Finally.” I let out a huge sigh and smiled. His body snapped up and he gave me this expression that I have never seen him do before.

Fear.

“I’m sorry. I—I’ll just go to the infirmary.” He stood, bowed, and started to walk away.

“Hey! Yamada! Are you alright? Do you want me to take you there?” I stood up and fixed my skirt.

“I didn’t even ask you to come here. Next time, Mind your own business, will you? Piss off.”

He was the same as ever. Not letting anyone into his head. I smiled to myself.

I like you, Yamada Ryosuke.

 

******

 

It’s been a week since I saw Yamada up on that rooftop. I kept coming up there with him, but as always, he tries to brush me off. The same goes for today.

“Yamada, I brought food with me, I just figured, since I don’t see you bring any food with you, that you might be hungry.” I took out my lunchbox and began setting up. This time, I made Tamago and Kombu Onigiri. It seemed to get his attention because he looked at it then turned to me disbelievingly.

“I already told you to piss off, didn’t I?” He does seem really pissed. But I can’t give up. I’ve been doing this for a week now and it’s the first time he actually took time to look at what I made him.

“But I want to spend time with you. Here,” I handed him a spoon, which he took reluctantly.

“Why don’t you like people?” I asked.

“What? I never said that I don’t like people. This is the first time I heard of it.”

“Well, It’s a rumor that’s been going around since you transferred. That you’re an introvert.”

He transferred earlier this year. A lot of girls fell for him immediately. But these rumors started to appear, and no one wanted to talk to him. His existence became hidden within our class.

“I’m not an introvert. I just don’t see the point in being around them.”

“Well, You’re here with me right?  I could be your friend. Who knows? We might have fun.”

He looked at me. We both stared at each other and for the first time, I can see him clearly. His hair, his face, his eyes. They were perfect.

“Remember when you asked me why I don’t like people? I said that I never said that right? I take that back.

I don’t like people.

Especially your kind.”

He put the spoon down and went away. I was left there, sitting in front of the lunch I made. It’s been a while since I made this lunch for someone. Tamago Furai. I don’t like making this dish. I try to avoid making it as much as I can.  It just reminds me so much of --

“Kyaaaaa!!~” Someone opened the door in a hurry and they began making out behind the stairs.

Yuma?

The girl was trying to take off his tie. I wasn’t being a ert or anything, but seriously. Get a room. This is so disgusting. They don’t seem to notice me so I fixed the bento and tried to sneak out. They could’ve been more discreet about it but…

“Ow!” Someone bumped me from behind. It was her. They were moving backwards and didn’t notice me who was standing near the door.

“Hey! Go away!” She turned her head to look at me. Her lipstick was smudged and her hair was tangled.

I smiled at her and said.

“Haaaai~. Tatsuya-chan.” I winked at her and went out. I could see shock in her face and she ran after me.

“Hey, Please don’t tell Yuto.” She was serious. Her nails were digging into my shoulders. I shook her off because I might get scratched or something.

“It’s none of my business if you’re around. But if he asks me, Then I have to tell him what I know.” I did Kaa-chan’s flip. My hair was straight so it did a nice effect and the ends hit her face.

This feels great. I left her on the staircase leading to the rooftop. I heard Yuma’s footsteps behind me and also heard him say; Not to me, But to Rui;

“Pathetic.”

Rui just sat on the staircase, and I don’t really care what she does next. But I’m starting to like Nakajima. Not romantically, But as a friend.  So if she is the reason he becomes sad, She’s screwed.

Yuma followed me down the staircase until we reached the corridor. He grabbed my arm and said,

“What class are you from?”

I looked at him, wanting my feelings of contempt to come across, but He looked intimidating. He has strong eyes, but also releases these pheromones that are pulling me closer.

“Class none of your business.”

I freed my arm and hurried to the classroom.

CRAP. CRAPCRAPCRAPPITYCRAP. What did I just say to him? I’m dead.  I could already imagine him telling other girls about me. I already imagine me, getting bullied by his fans.

I opened the door to our classroom and went to Kakuro and Yabu.

“Kaa-chan! You would not believe what I just saw!”

She and Yabu both turned to look at me,

“Mhm. Try me.”

They continued eating while I told them the story of what I saw on the rooftop. Not Yamada. Not how he rejected me. But about Tatsuya Rui.

“Can you believe it? I mean, I thought things were going great between her and Nakajima-kun! How could she do that?” I wanted to punch someone so badly.

 After the mall thing, Wherein Kaa-chan left me, and I ran into Nakajima. We got a bit closer. Nakajima and I have a lot of things in common. We love the same movies, Play the same games, And we both love the same food. I know that Tatsuya and him are going out. They actually look good together. But Nakajima doesn’t deserve her. He deserves someone better.

“Well, I guess, old habits die hard. Maybe, because you’re spending too much time with her boyfriend.” Kakuro said as she fed Yabu a piece of salmon.

“Yeah, I saw you and Nakajima in the library the other day after class.”

“Shut up Yabu. You’re not a part of this conversation.”

He smiled and ate the last of their food.

“But it’s true though. Maybe, she’s used to getting all the attention from Nakajima but when you started hanging out with him, His attention was split. If you think about it, she probably feels that Nakajima doesn’t care about her anymore or that she’s yearning for someone to touch her again.”

Yabu looked at Kakuro.

“Don’t worry dear, I’ll NEVER do that.”

Kaa-chan and I laughed at Yabu’s face. His expression was priceless.

“Ah! Guys, you still want food?” I took out the bento and placed it on their table.

“What, Yamada rejected your lunch offer again?”

“Actually, yeah. I figured, He might not be worth it.”

I lied. The more he rejects me, The more I want to chase after him.

“Well, more food for us then!” Yabu shouted as he opened the bento.

“Woah! Luna! It’s been a while since you made this! You haven’t cooked Tamago Furai ever since Takku disappeared.”

Takku. This was his favorite dish. I learned to cook it because of him.

“Ah, I guess so.” I scratched my head and smiled.

Yabu and Kakuro ate the food I offered them. They talked about going to the amusement park this Saturday. They invited me to come but I just didn’t feel like it. The next class was about to start. Yamada skipped class because the teacher said he had a headache and Nakajima’s worried because Tatsuya too, didn’t appear.

“Hey, Luna, have you seen Rui?”

Luna? So, first name basis huh.

“No, I haven’t.”

“Oh, okay then.”

He buried his head in his arms on top of his desk.

Break up with her already. She doesn’t deserve you.

 

Yamada’s POV:

I ransacked the infirmary for pills. I’m having migraines again. This always happens. It started when she kept visiting me on that rooftop. Everyday. It’s like someone keeps pressing on my mind for fun.

I lay down on the bed to get some sleep. But I’m afraid. I don’t want to dream. Because if I dream, I’ll remember.

I crawled out of the car and I couldn’t stand up. My ankle was sprained and I have a huge cut on my leg. I looked at the car that was crushed. It was upside down. My mom and dad was still there. I could see the fuel trickling towards me, and in a blink, Everything ignited.

“Mom! Dad! Save me!”

Everything was in a blur. And I can’t breathe.

Tick Tock. Tick Tock.

How long has it been? 3 hours? Four? Did school end already? I don’t know.

My head still hurts. I couldn’t remember what happened before that. This is all that I could remember.

I stood up from the bed and took out a picture that I always carry with me.

I believe that this was me from 7 years ago. Meaning, I was 10. This was the only thing I found with me after I woke up from the hospital. The couple that adopted me said that I was holding onto it even before I gained consciousness.

There was a girl with me in the picture, We were both smiling at the camera, My arms were over her shoulder. We were in an area with lots of grass spreading around and behind us was a tree.

She must’ve been very special to me, But no matter how hard I try, I can’t remember.

 

 

 

*Yo-shaaa!~  I'm getting excited for the next chapters because this is where it'll all, kinda, fall into place. In a way. But not totally. We still have a long way to go, And i'm counting on you guys!

Please support the next releaseee!!~~ thank you!! <3

.voltaire.