Lucid

Lucid

 

Kakuro’s POV:

I didn’t go back to class. What did I do then?

Well, let’s get back to what happened.

4 hours ago…

“I….”

Was he trying to kiss me? Hah. I guess he was. He blushed in a way which was so cute, it made me smile. I didn’t move. He didn’t move. Our faces were still so close, I could feel his breath. Not to sound disgusting or anything but, His breath was minty fresh. He stumbled away and bowed.

“I’m sorry!”

“It’s fine.” I sat up and patted the space beside me, Motioning him to sit there. He awkwardly crawled and sat down, leaning his back against the wall.

I talked to him, For the remainder of the day. The wind feels nice, It didn’t snow yet so it was quite sunny.

He opened up to me. He talked about how he doesn’t remember anything about his childhood. About how he’s living with his foster parents. And how his parents died during a car accident. We’re both the same huh? We don’t have parents. I wouldn’t call Luna’s parents as my own because even though they’re my legal guardian, I’m not related to them by blood. I also told him about me living with Luna. About how her parents are away, And that I’m left with her.

“I don’t want to Stay with her. When her parents were there, It was alright. But I can’t bear it when it’s just the two of us.”

“Why not? You’ve been friends for as long as you can remember right?”

“Yeah. But that doesn’t change that guilty feeling I get when I see her.”

“What happened?”

Crap. I said too much.

“Nothing. Hey Yamada, Stretch out your legs, will you?”

“H—HUH?” His expression was priceless. But he followed me anyway. He stretched out his legs and I lay on his lap. I was sleepy. I need some sleep.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!!!!!

So, here I am now. The ringing of the bell is what woke me up. Yamada too, fell asleep. I didn’t want to wake him up so I silently stood up, fixed my skirt, and opened the door. Something was hanging out from his hand. A picture.

I don’t want to be nosy, but these things make me curious.

I tiptoed back to him and slowly winched the picture from his hand.

Hehe. Yamada, What is this you have here.

I looked at the picture.

EH? What the--…

 

Luna’s POV:

School has ended and they didn’t come back. What were they doing?

My mind keeps repeating the image of them on that rooftop. Screw her. She knew how hard I tried to become close to Yamada. I was fine with it when She was always with Takku because He liked her, And she was oblivious. But now… I just can’t believe she’d do that.

Yabu looked gloomy. His lunch was left untouched because they always eat together. ALWAYS. Except when something important comes  up. Like for example, The school was on fire.  

“Hey, Yabu, Cheer up. You can’t always expect her to be by your side yeah?”

He stood up and pouted.

“I know. But at least she could tell me where she’s going. That way, I’ll know where to go when something bad happens to her.”

“You’re taking this too lightly. What if she’s with someone else?”

Silence.

“Ah! Yabu, Luna and I saw Mizushima on the rooftop a while ago. Thought you might ask.”

Nakajima was fixing his bag when he heard our conversation. He said this on purpose. Right after I asked Yabu what he’d do if she was with someone else

“Ah. I see.” He too, fixed his bag to go home.

“You didn’t answer me yet. What if she’s with someone else?”

“Well, As long as she’s happy. I’m fine.” He threw his bag over his shoulder and started to walk away.

Yabu-kun. You’re taking her too lightly.

 

Kakuro’s POV:

I was waiting for the train to take me home. I suppose that Yabu went on ahead. Crap. I forgot to tell him to wait for me. Anyways, I get down on the second stop so there isn’t much to think about on the way.

It’s getting dark and I’m quite familiar with the streets. Hell. I grew up here. I arrived at an intersection. If you turn left, That’s the street where Inoo’s house is located. To the right, Takku’s. and straight on ahead is Luna’s and mine. I wanted to go home so bad. I had to check something out. I have to be sure if what I’m thinking is real.

“Tadaima!” I left my shoes in front of the door and hurried to Luna’s room.

“I’m coming in!” I said and opened the door.

“What do you want?” She was sitting on her bed with the laptop on a breakfast table.

“Jeez. Got your in a bunch? What’s up with the mood?”

She rolled her eyes and said,

“Go away! Leave me alone! Oh, and Stop using my Perfume!” She didn’t look at me when she said it but I could hear the anger in her voice channeling through. I liked her perfume. It smells like strawberries. I prefer cherry, but still, It’s just a minor thing. Anyways, I ransacked her closet until I found what I was looking for.

“I knew it.” I whispered to myself.

“GO AWAY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY STUFF?!” She stood up and ran towards my direction. But she wasn’t quick enough so I ran towards my room which was right across hers and slammed the door her face, locking it quickly.

“!” She screamed and went back to her room, slamming the door louder than ever before.

What is she so damn mad about?

I lay all my things on my desk and dived into my bed. I smiled to myself and kicked the air.

Takku. I finally found you.

 

*Whooooosh, so, a few people are confused about the timeline of this story, well here. When i italicize texts like this; 

It means it's either a flashback or a monolouge.

I hope you look forward to the next chapters!~ <3