Lucid

Lucid

 

 

 

Luna’s POV:

Things are going well. It’ll be December in 2 days and everyone’s making plans for the Winter ball.

“Ohayo!” Kakuro and Yabu entered the classroom together.

Yabu’s been sleeping in our house for 3 days now. What the hell does his parents say? But I noticed, Kaa-chan and Yabu are closer than ever. Chinen was absent so Kakuro sat beside Yabu and they started talking about being partners for the dance. Of course, It’s been like that for two years. Nakajima and his girlfriend on the other hand, weren’t speaking that much anymore. Rui wasn’t looking good. She looked pale when she entered the classroom. Her head was down on her desk and her long hair acted as a curtain hiding her face. I don’t get it. Whenever Nakajima and I go home together, He doesn’t tell me much about her like he used to. Whenever I ask, he avoids the topic.

Yamada and I are getting along well. The whole class was surprised to see his sudden change of heart but they all soon got used to it.

He still likes Kakuro.

Nothing changed. I think his feelings grew stronger because she was the one who figured everything out.

The door opened again and sensei went in the classroom.

“Class, settle down. December is just around the corner and It’s your turn to prepare for the winter ball. I will split you all into teams that—“

Sensei was cut off because Rui stood up, holding and dashed off out of the classroom. Two of her friends folloed her and something fell from her bag which they bumped into. Everyone became silent. Everyone knew what it was. You don’t have to be a genius to know what it means. The thing that Rui dropped, Was lying there on the floor. A little white stick showing a red ‘+’ sign.

******

It was lunch time, The only time wherein we can talk to each other. Rui came back and Yuto pulled her out of the classroom. No one made any noise. We knew what this was about. Everyone gathered around the door to eavesdrop. Nobody even tried to go out towards the corridor. We all just, listened.

“Rui! Why didn’t you tell me?” Yuto was furious. It was the first time I heard his voice like that.

“I didn’t think you’d find out.” She was close to crying.

“”But I’m not the father. I’ve never done it with you. I can’t believe you’re doing this behind my back.”

“But, Yuto, Darling, I changed. You changed me, see? This was before we started going out.”

Pathetic.

“Rui, We’ve been going out for a year. How could you say that this happened before we dated? Stop lying. It’s over.”

“Yuto! Wait! No, please. I could abort the kid if that’s what you want. We’ll pretend this didn’t happen.”

“Don’t drag the baby into this. I knew it. I suspected that you were pregnant, but I held on to the tiny little hope that you weren’t. You never changed. You’re still the same little as how I found you.”

Yuto looked at us, and we started to scram. He then smirked then turned around and walked away. He was going to skip class.

I didn’t like her, But I was starting to feel bad for her. She knelt down and cried. This is what I was talking about. He’s not the type of guy you want to get involved with.

We all went back to our seats. That’s it. They broke up. Yuto… Doesn’t have a girlfriend anymore. Since Yamada is still busy chasing after Kaa-chan, I could hang out with Yuto. Great. It’s like De ja vu.

Rui didn’t come to class. Yuto didn’t come to class. Chinen was absent. So, Everybody was changing seats. Kakuro sat beside Yabu. I sat beside Yamada.

“Wow. She’s pregnant huh. Who would’ve thought that.” Yamada whispered as sensei wrote on the blackboard.

“Obviously. No one. I thought they looked good together though.” I was playing with my pencil, rolling it over the desk.

“Even though they do look good together, That’s not the basis of a relationship right?”

“I guess.”

He was right. Looks aren’t everything. It’s the time spent together and the feelings you both share. Like what I said, It’s like what Yabu and Kakuro has. So please Yamada. Don’t get in their way.

 

*********

The next day…

Rui came to class and so did Yuto. But whenever Rui approaches Yuto, He turns to me and pretended to talk. It reminded me so much of myself when I thought there was something going on between Kaa-chan and Yamada. I was eating Melon pan because I didn’t get the chance to make breakfast. We might be late again. My hair was tied up with an elastic that I borrowed from Kaa-chan. She said that It brings good luck. She bought it yesterday with Yabu from a vendor while they were waiting for a train.

“Nice hair.” Yamada sat down in his usual place, at the back of the class, near the window.

“Thanks.” I said. Then I stopped. I know why he said that. When we were young, I would always tie my hair like this. ALWAYS. Whenever we went out to play, Inoo would always compliment my hair and how I look good with this hairstyle.

Ugh. I hate how everything reminds me of Inoo.

I looked around the classroom to see what was going on. I often do that. I love seeing how people work. Yabu was playing Paper Football with Chinen. Yuto’s reading a book, Which doesn’t surprise me, Because he usually goes to Rui’s seat and they Flirt around. But they’ve already broken up, So Rui’s With her other friends, Laughing as if nothing happened. Kaa-chan was playing with her curls, With her cellphone on her other hand. She looked gorgeous, I must admit. Well, What do you expect from a girl who takes 30 minutes in front of a mirror?

There were paper flying everywhere. Kaa-chan Made a bubble with her gum and made a ‘pop’ sound. She loves to do that.

“Class! Shut up, we have a new student with us today. Please treat him nicely.”

This is stupid. Who would go to school at this time of the year?

“He just came from America, but he was born here. Everyone—“

What happened next I did not expect. Sensei motioned him to come in and there he is, looking beautiful. His hair grew longer and he seemed to look a bit more matured. He grew taller, that’s for sure. But his smile was the same as ever.

“Hello, I’m Inoo Kei. Please take care of me.”

He bowed down and when he raised his head, he looked in our direction, and smiled. There were two seats left. That was infront of Yamada, and the very first row in the classroom. Naturally, he will choose the back seat.

Crrrrrrrrrrrrrck

Kakuro’s phone slipped from her hands and fell on the floor. She wasn’t moving. Her body was still. And there was one expression I saw on her face.

She was scared.

Inoo walked towards his seat and once he arrived in our area, He picked up Kaa-chan’s phone and placed it on her desk.

“Long time no see, Kaa-chan.”

He then turned around to look at me.

“My promise is still valid right?”

What.The..

 

 

 

*Happy Birthday Yabu Kota!

So, Since it's "Dear's" birthday today, I decided to already bring in Inoo.

Hellyeah!