Lucid

Lucid

 

"Hey Kaa-chan, Let's talk for a bit."
 
I was suddenly stopped at the corner of our street.
 
"Takku? Uh, sure. I'm on my way to Inoo's house. Let's talk along the way."
 
"Okay."
 
What does he want now?
 
It was the first snow of the season. I remember this day quite well. The whistling of the trees, the stillness of the streets, and the faint sound our footsteps make as we walk through this blanket of snow.
 
"We've been friends for a long time right?"
 
"Mm." 
 
The truth is, I don't really care. I wasn't even listening.  We just have to take this turn to arrive at Inoo's. We passed by the Hollow
tree that we all used to play in when we were kids. The see-saw, the swing, all of it, Were soon going to be gone.
We're were 11... We met when we were 8. Time flies by fast, doesn't it?
 
"My family and i... are leaving for a bit... I just wanted to let you know that---"
 
...eh?...
 
I froze where i stood.My mind went blank.I can't hear anyone else. All i heard was a faint 'snap' as i stood in front of his gate,
Why were they together? You've got to be kidding me.
 
"Are you okay?, Oi, Kaa-chan. Are you listening?" I can hear him say beside me.
 
I am. But i can't move my lips. It must be the cold.
 
"At least say something, i gave it my best shot and you-- Eh? Is that Luna? Why is she..."
 
They kissed in front of the door before he said goodbye.
 
She saw me standing there and ran up, screaming. 
 
"Kaa-chan!!!!~ You won't believe this!! Inoo asked me out!"
 
Takku and I were both shocked. It was uncalled for. 
 
"That's great. Good for you!" 
 
Was all i managed to say. After all these years of liking Takku. Why'd you give up now?
 
 
Kakuro's POV:
 
"Miss, Your bag please."
 
Crap. My mouth slipped. I handed my bag to the guard so that they could check it. I guess she still isn't ready for that topic yet then...
 
"Miss, Your bag please."
 
She seems shaken. Luna, She's thinking about something. I know that look.
 
"Miss, Your Bag. Please."
 
"Luna, wake up! Oi!"
 
"eh? Uh, yeah. Sorry." She shook her head and handed her bag. I decided to go on ahead but she caught up and walked beside me.
 
"Hey, You're acting a bit unnaturally today. You okay?"
 
She laughed a bit and answered
 
"Must be the heat."
 
Lies. It's like, 17 degrees. I just agreed with her so that we can move on. God, How long has it been, Since we've shopped together like this?
Thinking about it, We dont talk as much like we used to back then. I mean, yeah, We live in the same house, But when her parents left to work
in Kansai and we were alone, I stayed at Yabu's house most of the time.
Yabu.
His face flashed across my mind. I imagine him right now, running laps, swinging a bat, practicing how to score a homerun. I've never been truly
thankful to guy before. If you ask me if i love him, Of course i'll say no. If you ask me if i'd die for him, i'd say that that's out of the question.
But i do admit that i like him. His innocence.
 
We were in our first year of Highschool. He was a jerk. Rich, Arrogant, Just so full of himself. He's the kind of guy i hate the most and yet...
 
"Mizushima-san!"
 
He called me out to the courtyard after class. We talk, yeah. But the kind of conversations that leave you annoyed. Nobody liked him. 
He doesn't have much friends, But he's not like that Yamada guy. That's why, the next words he uttered came as a shock to me, adn to everyone else.
 
"I like you... Please go out with me."
 
This is not exactly how i pictured a confession to be. It's like it came out from a shoujo manga. But still i...
 
"Uh, sure. Um, we could give it a shot."
 
I never knew that we were compatible. He kinda rubbed off on me. 
 
Yabu was the one that healed the wounds left during my last years of middle school by--
 
"OW! Watch it!"
 
"Eh?"
 
I forgot, We were in the mall. I got too preoccupied with my thoughts that i lost track of everything else that was around me.
 
"Mizushima? Imai? What are you guys doing here?"
 
Great. It's this guy. 
 
"Nakajima-kun. Hi, Uh, i don't know. What are we doing here, Luna? Shopping? NOOOO. I think we're going sight seeing!" 
 
I wanted to answer in the most sarcastic way possible.
 
"Really? That's amazing! Do tell me more." He clasped his hands together and fluttered his eyes.
 
"Huh. Not bad Nakajima. You might not be so bad after all." I gave my best smile.
 
"So i've been told."
 
"Ahem." 
 
"Ah! Rui! Guys, you know Rui right?"
 
How could we not? She's in the same class. Probably doesn't know our names. y as hell. What does he see in her?
 
"Oh no! We've jsut been classmates since 1st year! Of course we don't." Nice one Luna.
 
Rui rolled her eyes and started to pull Nakajima away.
 
"Uh, well, See you." he bowed his head and got dragged away.
 
"Kaa-chan. Promise me somehting."
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Don't ever be like that. Ever. Or i'll kick you out of the house."
 
"Oh, i am way ahead of you darling."
 
I did my 'signature flip'; as Luna calls it, because i always do it when i'm done with a conversation.
I slapped my hair back with my fingers and turned around, headed for the next store.
 
Wounds heal, but scars are left behind.
 
I touched my shoulderblade where i can still feel thin laceration left on my skin.
It hurts.
 
 
 
 
*A little note from me:
Hi guys, as you can see, i am a fan of flashbacks. don't worry, The story will fall into place once you read the next chapters.
Ah, also, THIS IS JUST A FANFIC. I don't wanna hear anything like "So young!" or "WTF DUDE YOU ARE SICK"  or "What the hell is wrong with you?!"
Please, if you don't like it then just stop reading it. thank you :">
Please enjoy the next chapters to come!~ 
<3 Voltaire~