Lucid

Lucid

 

Kakuro’s POV:

Great, First day of the week and I’m on classroom duty.

Why?

Last Saturday, Yabu and I went to the amusement park together.  We were there, minding our own business until suddenly, Sensei saw us walking together and labeled me for having ‘indecent clothing.’

I was wearing an off shoulder blouse which was ‘revealing’ my shoulders. And the hem of my skirt was above my fingertips. God, we weren’t in school anymore and yet he haunts us. Koba-ho.

So, here I am now, carrying a box of materials to be delivered to 3-B. I like this corridor. I could see a few of my seniors cutting class, just outside the corridor. And the teachers don’t even care. Is this how it’s like to be a senior? If it is, then I can’t wait.

I could feel a huge weight leave from my hands I looked down and saw that the box had disappeared. There was someone beside me.

“What are you doing here? Isn’t it time for class?” he walked beside me, carrying the box of materials I was supposed to be carrying.

I blinked a few times. I was not gonna let this chance pass by. I brushed my hair with my fingers and pouted my lips.

“Senpai~  I was supposed to be the one carrying that.”

“Ah, classroom duty?”

“Hai~” I smiled. This is the first time I talked to him. Nakayama Yuma. I’ve heard about him, from the other girls, But he looks even greater up close. If only Yabu wasn’t—

Wait. No. I shook my head to clear my mind.

I’m already happy with Yabu. Stop. I won’t be affected by these pheromones. But he does smell good. I wanted to come closer and sniff him. Okay that was weird.

“So, What’s your name?”

“Ah! Mizushima Kakuro.”

“Kanji?”

“Let’s see. Ka as in Flower. Kuro as in Black.”

“Black flower huh?” He raised his eyebrow and smiled. We arrived in 3-B where he stopped and turned to me.

“Here we are.”

“Wait, How did you know—“

“It’s written in the box. He’s our next teacher.”

“Ah! I see. Well, Thank you.”

He took out his cellphone and we exchanged emails,  For emergency purposes.

I said ‘Thank you”, bowed, and started to head off until…

“Flower-chan.” He shouted in English. His accent was so perfect that it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

“Hai?”

“See you around.” He smiled, and naturally, I smiled back.

“Mm.” I flipped my curls before continuing back. This is awesome. He was the most popular guy in school. He’s also the captain of the baseball team. Whenever Yabu takes me with him to training, I notice that there are always girls watching him. And sometimes, our eyes meet. But we never talk. So today was surprising.

I decided to skip the next class, Since no one will probably notice ‘cause I’m seated at the back. I went to the school’s rooftop for a nap. I went behind the stairs and lay down. This is the best part of this rooftop. When you open the door, All you can see is open space, But when you turn to the corner, That’s when you’ll see the stairs. So naturally, The part where I’m at right now is hidden. I kept on turning around because I can’t find a comfortable position.

“Aiyaaaaa~ Why do I still have to go to school?” I placed my arm above my eyes and fell asleep.

******

 

Yamada’s POV:

I was looking out the window and noticed that all the Sakuras are gone. It’s the first day of October.  No one was listening to the teacher. It was obvious. They either have their head down or chatting to someone next to them

Ah. Speaking of…

I looked beside me and saw an empty seat. She’s skipping class again huh? It doesn’t look like it, But I have always noticed her. I hate how she’s always hanging out with Yabu. Acting as the sweet and perfect couple;  but I know that behind that façade, there’s something that they’re both keeping from each other. No one’s that perfect. No one’s that happy.

“Class! Please welcome our new student, Yamada Ryosuke.”

This school is a mess. No one’s even paying attention to their teachers. 

“Well, Yamada-kun. Please occupy the empty seat at the back.” He said.

“Hai.” I started to walk towards my chair but someone opened the door.

“……… Uh, What’d I miss?”

She immediately caught my eye. Those curls. Those round cheeks. That smile. She was laughing as she headed to the back of the class.

“Mizushima-san. You shouldn’t make being late a habit. Sit down.” Sensei said beside me.

“Where do you think I’m headed?” She flipped her hair and stopped in front of a guy.

“Sorry dear, I was late.” She bent down and kissed him before sitting down at her chair. He blushed and followed her with his eyes. Then immediately turned back to his paper which he began answering again.

So, she has a boyfriend huh. Figures. I went to my seat and no one bothered to look at me or even say a simple ‘nice to meet you.’ .

Everyone’s an .

I laid my bag down on my chair and sat down. So, I’m sitting beside her? This is great.

“Welcome to hell.” She said.

“Huh?” I turned to look at her.

“Nothing.” She looked at me and rolled her eyes.

******

Here's the bell that signals lunch. Another time to be alone. As usual, i went out before anyone else does and headed for the rooftop. I know that Imai's gonna follow me there. I have to reject her. Once and for all. I never did like her. Not once did i think that. I walked to my usual place behind the stairs, But what awaited me there wasn't the solitude i seek, but someone else.

I approached her and knew who she was at first glance. Her eyes were covered by her arm but i could see her lips, slightly parted. I knelt down beside her and touched her hair. How could anyone not fall for her? This beauty? I leaned in closer. I could smell strawberries. 

I leaned in, Closer, and Closer. Our lips were almost an inch apart and then...

"What.Are.You.,ing.Doing.Yamada." She suddenly opened her eyes.She didn't move, but she kept smiling at me. She was amused.

Luna's POV:

"Have you seen Kakuro? i'm kinda worried. I didn't see her after she delivered those materials sensei asked."

Yabu was tapping his foot on the floor. Kaa-chan skipped 2 periods. She's probably somewhere in school, sleeping.

"Nah, I'm sure she's alright. Now, If you'll excuse me, I have some business to attend to."

I decided that today, I'm going to confess to Yamada properly. I took a deep breath and marched out the corridor towards the rooftop.

This is it Luna. If he rejects you again, You're better off without him.

I pat my cheeks and opened the door. All saw was empty space. So i'm guessing that he's at the usual place. I skipped behind the stairs and froze at the next thing i saw.

Kakuro was lying down. Yamada was inches away from her face. And she was smiling.

This is...

"Oi! Luna! I was looking for you everywhere. Rui has dance practice so i figured that we should eat lu---" He stopped midway his sentence. he was standing beside me. With the same expression as the one on my face.

"Isn't that Mizushima-san and Yamada?”

I was frozen where I stood. Today was the day I was supposed to confess. Properly confess, at least. I know that I shouldn’t cry and all, But I could feel tears forming from her eyes.

Yamada likes Kaa-chan. It’s like I’m having de ja vu. I turned around to go back and Yuto ran after me. My legs gave up and I sat on the staircase. Exactly where Rui sat when I saw her and Nakayama.

“Hey, Luna, are you alright?” Yuto sat beside me.

“Confess.”

“Eh?”

“I was supposed to confess today. But it seems that He likes someone else.”

“Eh?! You like Yamada?! Why? How could—Wait. Isn’t Mizushima dating Yabu? So, Yamada has no chance. I mean, I know you’ve seen Yabu and Mizushima together a lot of times. Aren’t they perfect?”

“Yeah. Right.” I said and leaned my head on his shoulder.

“Nakajima-kun. What would your reaction be, If you found out that Rui was cheating on you?”

He turned to me in shock.

“Why would you think that?” He laughed, but then became serious.

“If she cheated on me… Well, I trust her. I know what people say about her and I refuse to believe that. But, If that happened, or if it ever happens. All I could do is, I guess, Move on.”

I could feel a sharp pang in my heart as he said that. He’s too nice.

I wish that he finds out what she did.  I wish that he could see her for what Rui really is. A .

 

 

*So, i didn't post much in this chapter because i might pour a lot out in the next. this is just like, a bridge to the story. The next chapter is where the real story starts. <3