Lucid

Lucid

"Oi! Takku-pyon~ Let's play!"

We were at our favorite spot in the neighborhood. The hollow tree in the park,where the grass was always green, and the wind always knew where it should go.

"Takku-pyon. Leeeet's Plaaay~"

Please look at me.

"TA-KKU-P-YO-N!!!!~"

Look at me.

"Yeah?"

Finally.

"Let's play~"

"Just the two of us? boring. I know, How about Kaa-chan?"

All i wanted was for you to look at me. But  you turned around and called her name.

"KAA-CHAN!!!~ JOIN US!!!!~" His smile was always the best. I want you to smile like that when you too call me out.

"No thanks." She waved her hand to shoo him away.

He laughed.

Why can't i make him smile like that? She didn't even budge.

"Takku! That's that. She won't join us. Her eyes are glued to that book. How about Inoo-kun?"

He looked down disappointed.

"Hai..."

Inoo was near the hollow tree writing something in the trunk. That place, was where we all met. Now we etch all our dreams, secrets, and feelings into that hundred year old tree.

"INOO-KUUUUUN~ LET'S PLAY!!"

He turned around immediately when he heard my voice.

"Sure." He ran across the grass towards us, leaving Kakuro. "What game?"

"Uhhh. I don't know."

I sat on one side of the see-saw. Wanting Takku to be on the other...Instead...

"Oi, Luna, You kick your feet off the ground okay? Ready, Go!"

I did as i was told. I kicked my feet off the ground and i was raised higher and higher as Inoo tried to keep the balance from the other end.  Then he just stopped and planted his feet on the grass.

"Ne~ Inoo-kun. Let me down."

"No~"

"Come onnnnn. I'm scared."

"No~"

I don't like him.

"You should her let down you know. She's scared to death. She hates those kinds of things." she closed her book beside him and stared at me.

"Fine." He jumped out of his seat and mine slammed into the ground.

"OW!"

"Hehe~"

"I hate you." I said as i stormed away.

"Oi, it was just a joke. Luna!" He was about to follow me but Kakuro pulled on his arm.

"Just let her be."

Yeah,. Just let me be. Inoo, You're not the one that i want to chase after me.

 

Luna's POV:

"Kaa-chaaaan~ Wake up!"  This will be the third time we'll be late for school. I shook her as hard as i can but she won't move an inch.

"Girl, shut up, Can't you see i'm sleeping?" 

"Girl, wake up, Can't you see we're late? Our teacher is Koba-ho meaning..."

"CLASSROOM DUTY FOR A WEEK!!" She screamed and instantly got out of bed, running to the bathroom.

"What's wrong Ka-chaaaaan~ I thought you were sleeping." I said through the door.

"Shut up."

"Haha, It's only for a week, Why? You won't see your precious dear?"

"Shut.Up. I'm using your shampoo by the way. Just so you know."

I banged my hand on the door three times to show my disdain. She knows that i hate people borrowing or using my stuff. It just grosses me out. I ignored her replies and went down to wait for her. We live together. She never knew her dad and her Mom died giving birth to her, So we're practically sisters. She doesn't know any of her relatives so she's stuck with us. Her mom and my mom were best friends in college. Such a small  world huh? Anyways, She went down the stairs, grabbed her bag and called me out.

"OI! LET'S GO!" She dashed off to go to the bus stop.

"Nice Ka-chan~ You left me. I was waiting for you." I shouted as we went past the gate, me running after her.

"That's 'cause you're too damn slow. I didn't ask you to wait for me."

"Well, Luckily, I'm a nice person."

"Huh."

The Sakura flowers are falling down. It's Almost the end of September. We waited for the next bus that will arrive in two minutes. Great. That's just what we need. Kakuro kept tapping her foot on the pavement, Like that will help. The bus arrived and we sat down, we kept silent, like how we are every morning. We're friends, yeah. But somehow, the atmosphere between the two of us suddenly grow cold. Like we're completely strangers. Like we just don't want to talk to each other.

**************

Rrrrrrrrring~~~

We barely made it through the school's main entrance and the bell already rang.

"Crap. I don't wanna be on classroom duty, Why didn't you wake me up earlier? Damn. I've got plans this week."

"You were the one that wouldn't want to wake up. Don't blame me."

She rolled her eyes and entered the classroom.

What greeted us wasn't Koba-ho but another guy standing on the platform. 

"Oh, Obviously, It's you two guys again that's late. Luckily, sensei isn't here." It was Nakajima Yuto. He's the one kid in the class that everyone likes. Or at least the one kid in class that everyone can't say anything about.

"Interesting. Tell me more." She rolled her eyes andIt was obvious that he was answered sarcastically but we continued back to our seats as he started talking to his girlfriend that's in the front row.

"God. I hate our teacher so much." She said as she slammed her bag and sat down. We both sit next to each other at the back so all is good.

"Someone should tell Koba-ho to chill out a bit."  Everyone fell silent and heard what she said.

"What?"

"Uh, Kaa-chan..." I pointed towards the front and saw sensei standing on the platform looking at us.

Koba-ho. Kobayashi and Stupid mixed together. Ka-chan thought up that nickname for him when we were late for the entrance ceremony and he made us clean the gym.

"Were you saying something? Mizushima-san?" 

"No sir."

"Good, Now, i shall take the attendance now."

Yabu returned with sensei and sat in front of Kakuro. Naturally. They've been together for almost a year now. When we first entered highschool, He was this jerk who had too much arrogance. but i'll save their story for another time.

"Deaaaaaar~" Kakuro said and smiled.

"Hey, good thing i bought enough time for you guys yeah? I won't be doing this next time though. Ka-chan, I don't want you getting into trouble. Please be on time next time."

"Haaaaai~"

"Good."

We were waiting for our next teacher so the whole classroom returned to it's messed up state. People changing seats, Papers being thrown around, and e-mails being that doesn't make much sense. Yabu sat beside Kakuro at the empty seat near the window. They were making plans for the weekend.

I always yearned for a love like this. Something sweet. Something that makes you smile. Something like what Yabu and Kakuro has. Kaa-chan, She May not have the best attitude, but her whole self transforms whenever i see her with him. Her eyes show this slight bit of sparkle whenever he calls her out. Thinking about it, almost everyone in this room has someone they want to protect. Except me.

"Hey, Wanna come with?" 

"Huh?" I was too distracted with my own thoughts that i forgot about the two of them.

"I said, dear is having baseball practice today so we can't go home together. Wanna go shopping?"

"Yeah. Sure, no problem."

She turned around to face Yabu but before she could speak there was someone standing in between them.

"Excuse me, can you please go away. That's my chair you're sitting on." He was facing Yabu so i couldn't see his expression quite clearly. But his words sounded cold.

"You weren't here a while ago."

"Well, I'm here now. So please, Go away."

"Fine." He stood up and gave Kakuro a kiss and went back in the middle of the class where he is actually seated.

"Oi, Kaa-chan.What the hell is wrong with him?" 

"I don't know. I haven't talked to him before."

"You sit beside him right?"

"That doesn't make us officially best friends does it?"

"Haha. Love your sarcasm, but seriously, I never see him around other people though."

"Nope. He always looks out that window but when sensei asks questions he can answer it without any hesitations. I'm quite annoyed actually. It doesn't even seem like he's listening but yet his scores are... UGH. Just shut up. I don't wanna talk about it."

She buried her head in her arms and started to sleep.

Yamada Ryosuke, huh? I wonder what's going through your mind right now.