Lucid

Lucid

 

Luna's POV:

It's almost the end of the day and what Kakuro said was true. That Yamada guy... Always looks out the window, spacing out most of the time during classes. But whenever sensei calls him he always gets the answer right. I didn't care about him at first, He was no one. a background person in this classroom. Quiet and Forgettable. But somehow, I want to know him more. I'm yearning to see what he's really like.

The classrom was loud. As always. Yabu and Kaa-chan were together. As always. No one will notice me talking to that little introvert. So i stood up, walked towards his chair, and smiled.

"Hey."

He took his eyes away from the window and turned to me.

"You need somehting?"

"Not really, just, you know, wanted to talk."

"I didn't ask for a conversation."

"I know."

"Then go away."

He said that and stood up grabbing his bag and made his way out of the class.

"Hey, The bell still has rung ye--" 

RRRRRIIIIIIINGGGG~~

I watched him walk out so casually. Like the world isn't there. Like the world is beneath him.I smiled to myself thinking,

How great would it be of he opens up to me.

 

"Luna, Let's go. I don't wanna miss the sale. It's only until 7pm."

"Uh, Kaa-chan. It's only 5:40. You won't miss it."

"Not if there's a lot of people. Come on."

She pulled me out of the classroom in a rush.

"Hey, I saw you talking to him."

"Who?"

"Yamada."

"Ah. It was nothing. Just, trying to make friends. That's all."

"Jeez, seriously. Out of all the guys in the class. I'd rather you be friends with Yuto. I mean, did you see him? He's like a god or something.If you won't take him, then i will. " She laughed and flipped her long curls.

"Kaa-chan.Yabu.Think."

"I KNOW! I was just kidding. What i meant to say was, You guys would look good."

"He has a girlfriend. Shut up. besides, I'm good."

"Hahaha! Girl, come on, You think Inoo still remembers that promise? Hah."

Lies.

He said he'll come back for me in a year. Obviously, that didn't happen. Kaa-chan clasped her hand on so she wouldn't say anyhthing else. The walk to the mall was silent. But actually, i think we both felt relieved. The truth is, I'm thankful for her. For Kaa-chan. If Kakuro wasn't here, I wouldn't know what i would've done. That's probably because she knows that he stood me up. She knows the story of him and I. But something still bothers me...

"You came." I tried to go as early as i can but luck wasn't on my side.

"Of course i did."

I still remember that day. He stood there on the terminal, His family was already on the other side of the gate. His passport was on his left hand and his baggage on the right. He was ready to leave for New York.

"I'm sorry." He said as he let go of his baggage and made his way to me.

"It's our last day, How can i not forgive you?" I gave him my best smile as he took me in his arms. Something wasn't right though. He felt kind of distant. I didn't feel the warmth i used to when our skin would touch.

"Thank you." Those were his last words as he kissed me goodbye and went away.

"INOO!! Remember our promise! Come back!!" I screamed. 

He turned around and smiled.

That was the last time i saw him.

But there as something else that i saw.

She was running away from the scene.

And i'd know those curls anywhere.

Kakuro.