009

My Lucky Strike

 

“Whoo!” Mark cheered as they stepped out of the house, Eunbi grinned as she followed him.

“How is it? Pretty?” She asked as they reached the waiting military green BMW i8.

“You made a good choice, noona.” Mark nodded.

“I had a little help, where are you heading today?” She asked as the white Land Rover that was assigned to him rolled in.

“School. And after that, I might go to Jeno’s for this project we have.” He announced as the driver opened the door for him.

“Cool. Take care.”

“Noona too, I hope you have a good first day at work.” Mark chuckled, then he took out something from his backpack.

“Here, a lucky charm.” Mark dropped a penguin plushie keychain on her hand, Eunbi cooed.

“Awwe, you cute eggbun!” She kissed his cheek, Mark flinched and managed to pull away from her.

“Don’t close down departments just because you feel like it!” He reminded before getting inside the car.

 

 

Employees lined and straightened their clothes as they stood by the entrance of HanShin’s main office and building.

With the other higher-ranking employees, Na Jinhee stood, her arms crossed and shoulders tensed.

“What if she’s not in a good mood?”

“Will she like it that we’re all waiting for her?”

“We prepared flowers, does she like gerberas?”

Na Jinhee stopped her urge to roll her eyes, and then the rest of the employees stood up straightly just as a military green BMW i8 arrived by the curb, most were curious to see the Jung heiress up close.

The car door opened and young lady dressed in an all black Balmain pantsuit, her dark hair was in tight black ponytail and she was wearing a pair of Fendi stilettos as she walked in the building.

“Director Lee!” A managing head approached her, she smiled and thanked him for the flowers.

“Brat.” Jinhee muttered under her breath before moving, people stared in awe as Eunbi walked in, she had a warm smile on her face and she shook hands with the employees and introduced herself in a polite manner.

“I love gerberas, manager Kim, how did you know?” Eunbi chuckled as the board of directors walked in to say hi.

“Samchon, it’s been a while!” She beamed before huggin the older male.

Jinhee was a little confused.

“You look just like your mother, how pretty.” A female director approached her.

“Haw have you been, imo? I miss visiting your rose garden,” She frowned, but the lady just took her hand and walked with her, Eunbi glanced at Jinhee, she was standing behind them, looking bothered.

“We’re really happy you finally decided to join us, Eunbi.”

“Thanks for going down here to welcome me.” She nodded.

“Aren’t you going to say hi to Miss Na? She even stepped out of a meeting to meet you.” Director Ok asked.

Jinhee faced her with a plastered smile.

“There’s no need to, I saw her this morning.” Eunbi shrugged before getting inside the elevator, then she looked at Jinhee.

“Ahjumma, take the next elevator, okay?” She gave her a quick smile before the elevator doors closed.

 

 

“Isn’t it Eunbi’s first day today?” Mr. Jung spoke as their food was being set, the Jungs together with Jisoo were having brunch together in Shinsegae.

“Yes,” Jaehyun nodded.

“What happened last night? How could that lady destroy the pool Eunha designed,” Mrs. Jung sighed.

“Can I ask who Eunbi is? A childhood friend?” Jisoo asked as she picked up croissant.

“Eunbi..How do I start?” Mrs. Jung smiled hesitantly.

“Eunbi was my girlfriend.” Jaehyun nodded, Jisoo nodded slowly.

“They were together for some time in college.”

“Some time? Their whole college lives.” Mr. Jung corrected his wife bluntly, the lady just sent him a meaningful look.

“Ah, so its like that.” Jisoo nodded.

“But they’re back to friends now, don’t think too much about it.” Mrs. Jung nodded quickly, Jaehyun just grew amused at his mother.

Then his phone started to ring.

“Eomma, I’m going to have to take this.” He excused himself before standing up.

“Yes, thank you for calling back right away.” Jaehyun answered as he stepped out of the dining hall.

“Can you restore the pool then? The old materials, one of my people managed to contact the contractor and the company who did it recently, they still have the previous materials.” Jaehyun spoke.

“Yes..Yes, thank you. I’ll wait for it then.” He leaned back against the railings, then he put his phone down. He suddenly smiled.

“Why am I suddenly doing all this? Lee Eunbi, really.”
 

 

“Discrepancies?” Eunbi asked as her father’s secretary laid out the file before her, she looked at the numbers and the names.

“Lapping an kiting, it’s this trick the most accountants are aware of.” He explained, her brows were knitted together.

“So, when did this happen?”

“About a month after she took over,”

Eunbi shook her head, then the doors opened, staff pulled in another huge flower arrangement.

“Young miss, you hate sunflowers.” The male blinked.

“Samsung sent this, director.” The staff announced.

“Well, that’s Johnny.” She just grinned and scrunched her nose at the sunflowers. It came with boxes of designed cupcakes.

“This came from Miss Jennie Kim of Kim Industries!” A flower wall arrived, Eunbi smiled at the gerberas, a note also came with it.

To my dearest Eunbi,

Seoul has never been so dull when you were gone. Welcome back, CEO Lee.

“They’re very happy to have you back, agasshi.”

“This is what I’m worried about, what do hyou think? Do you think its her?” She asked.

“I….feel the same way, it might be her. And about the president, he has been meeting new doctors, he doesn’t even let driver Cheon accompany him.”

Eunbi sighed, then the doors opened again.

The secretary blinked.

A large bag of marshmallows was placed on the glass table, accompanied by two large pizzas and champagne.

“Ramen?” She asked, the male staff blinked at her and nodded, seconds later a box of Shin Ramen was placed before her.

“Who sent this? How…” Secretary So was confused and shocked.

“Jung Banking Group.”

“Jung Banking Group.” Eunbi and the male staff said at the same time.

The older male smiled.

“Then, director, I will let you analyze all these and~”

“Right, ahjussi, can you try checking on her past? I want to know about her family and her hometown, and…do it secretly.”

“Of course, director. I’m glad you’re finally here.”

Eunbi walked him out of her office, she shook off her heels and picked up the bag of marshmallows on her way back to her desk and ripped it open.

 

“First eomma’s pool and now the company. That’s just pushing it.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++