022

My Lucky Strike

“You were right, it is unfair.” Jisoo suddenly spoke, Jaehyun glanced at her, his parents were already inside the house.

“Jisoo~”

“But, I never said I’d play clean.” Jisoo stated, Jaehyun shook his head.

“Jisoo, there’s…nothing you can do about this. I’m sorry, but this wont work.” He said calmly.

“You’re only attached her because you were together for so long,” Jisoo reasoned.

“Eunbi, it….it has always been her.”

Jisoo looked away.

“You..You can’t do this to me, I~”

Jaehyun’s Lamborghini rolled in the curb, they both looked up. A black Land Rover followed closely behind.

Eunbi slid down from the car, dressed in sweats and a loose shirt.

“I…I am returning this.” She said as she walked towards them, she tossed the car key back.

Jisoo exhaled.

“Eunbi-ssi, stop doing this. ” She spoke, Eunbi halted.

“Hey, hyung!” Mark greeted as he slid down from the Land Rover.

“What~” Eunbi blinked, but Jisoo just blocked her path.

“Are you thinking straight? Coming here after pulling off that~”

“Jisoo,” Jaehyun tried to pull her back, Mark halted.

“Yes, quite straight. And, don’t start a fight with me,” Eunbi sighed.

“I just came by to return the car, I wont get your man. He’s not even yours, don’t get so riled up.” She scratched the back of her head.

“What did you say? You~”

“Not today, Satan. Not today.” Eunbi muttered before turning her back to the girl, she met gazes with Jaehyun.

“You….You are also a headache.” She stated before walking back to the Land Rover.

“Lee Minhyung, you’re driving.” She called before climbing in the front seat.

“Uhm,” Mark cleared his throat, he looked at Jisoo.

“Sorry, noona is not exactly in a great mood, and can be really rude when annoyed.” He finished.

“I’ll get going, hyung.” He said to Jaehyun before rushing back to the car.

 

 

Mark didn’t utter a word as he stepped in the dining room, he took his seat and looked at his plate.

“Where’s your sister?”

“In her room.” He quipped as he picked up his fork.

“Minhyung-ah, I know things are confusing for you now, but,” Jinhee coaxed, he looked up to meet her gaze.

“Why are you speaking comfortably?” Mark asked.

“Lee Minhyung,” Lee Jiwook warned his son, and then Eunbi strolled in, dressed in a pair of light denim jeans and a floral Dolce and Gabbana top. She walked towards Mark.

I’m heading out first, dinner together later, okay?” She said to him with a smile.

“Eunbi, sit down. We need to talk.” Her father demanded, Eunbi glanced at him briefly. And then her phone started to ring.

“Yes, manager Im,” She hummed before walking away.

“Really? You have it all ready, then release it. I want it to be on the news.” She chuckled heartily, then she turned her head slightly to give Mark a small wave before leaving the house.

Jinhee’s put her utensils down and left the table, Mark continued to eat.

“What did I tell you? Talk to her~”

“She’s your daughter, abeoji. You’re her parent, why wont you listen to her?”

“Mark, you know well~”

“Noona gave up her internship just to be here, she wanted to talk to you, and yet all you do is yell at her and you never take her side.” He snapped, the Lee patriarch looked away.

“So, don’t expect me to listen to you too. That woman you’ve been housing has been disrespecting eomma’s memories. And to be honest, I cant stand her and her cooking. Please prohibit her from entering the kitchen, we can afford a kitchen staff.” He said sharply before standing up, he flipped his plate over and walked away.

 

 

Eunbi was already seated comfortably inside her i8 when her phone started to ring again.

“A—auntie,” She stuttered, it was Jaehyun’s mother.

“Eunbi, dear, good morning. Have you eaten?”

“Uh—uhm, well not yet.” She said hesitantly as she maneuvered her car out of their property, she saw Johnny rolling out of their house across. Johnny blew her a kiss before speeding away.

“Good, good! Come over now, let’s have brunch together!”

Eunbi balked.

“Auntie, I’m a bit~”

“I wont hear it, if you wont come I’ll be sad.” She threatened, Eunbi mentally sighed.

“I’ll be there, auntie. I’ll pick up some pastries on the way.”

 

 

Jaehyun walked in the kitchen and found her mother buzzing about, the chef was making pancakes, muffins and lemon bars.

“Are..we expecting guests?” Jaehyun asked.

“Yes, yes,~”

“Eomma, I…I have something I want to discuss with you,” He started.

“Okay, I’m listening, by the way, son, why don’t you make your specialty dish? The pork something?”

“Pork something? Tangsooyuk?” Jaehyun blinked, his mother nodded and walked to him. She was a special woman, super smart, loving and clumsy, but Mrs. Jung was the worst cook. People even wonder why her son was a great cook.

“Yeah, that. What did you want to talk about?” She walked to him and sat on the stool.

“About this thing you’ve been trying on Jisoo and I~”

“And, oh, right, I invited Eunbi over for brunch!”

“Yes?” Jaehyun paused, he saw Jisoo going down the steps, his brows met briefly.

“I feel bad, I didn’t know she was feeling bad and was so against that new woman, her mother and I were best friend, Eunha will probably haunt me tonight if I don’t check on her, but you said you two were okay, right?”

“W—well, yes, we are but eomma~”

 

 

“Samonim, young miss Lee has arrived.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++