037

My Lucky Strike

 

Mark looked at the doctor as he checked on Eunbi’s leg.

“I want to go home, doctor.” Eunbi stated again, Johnny grinned at his friend.

“I know that very well, agasshi.” Doctor Park said with a knowing smile, Eunbi scrunched her nose.

“Can’t I just do the rehab at home?” She asked as the doctor went to check on her forehead wound, the bandage was already taken off and swollen area was now flat, her stitches were to be removed in a few days.

“You can, but we still have to run some tests on you.” He smiled at Eunbi.

“Tests? I’m fine. I can already sit up straight and~”

“Eunbi,” Jaehyun entered the room, Mark exhaled in relief.

I want to go home, it’s been almost two weeks and I’m dying.” She muttered, the doctor chuckled.

“They have to make sure that everything’s good before releasing you.” Jaehyun stated calmly.

“Good? It’s just a broken~”

“Don’t argue. Just listen to the doctor.” He said with a smile and kissed the side of her head before setting down the box of donuts on the table.

“Yes, just listen to director Jung and stop whining, agasshi.” The doctor chuckled and patted her good knee.

“Samchon, you’re being unfair.” She sighed, Mark stood up.

“I’m just doing my job. Your father was so adamant that I take care of your records myself. Just focus on getting well soon.” He said before leaving the room.

Jaehyun handed her a donut before sitting down next to her.

“So, what’s happening outside?” She asked after taking a bite.

“Jennie had to fly to Jeju for work.”

“I didn’t get to thank her for that scandalous expose though.” She chuckled.

“How did your X-ray go? Are they taking out your stitches?” Jaehyun touched her hair, she nodded.

“It’s better than last week’s. And this,” She pointed towards her wound.

“You know, looking at you now, you’re totally pulling off this Frankenstein look.” Johnny chuckled, Eunbi eyed him warily.

“Stiches on your head, plus the limp while trying to walk and~”

“Get out, Samsung.”

Johnny stood up and poked her nose.

Come on, Mark, I’ll drop you off at school.” He said before leaving the room, Mark picked up his backpack and flew a kiss to his sister before following the older male.

“Those two,” She muttered, Jaehyun just grinned and brushed off the frosting on the side of her lip.

“How are you feeling?” He asked softly.

“I’m..actually, okay.” She murmured, then her brows met briefly.

“How was your day? How was work?” She leaned against him.

“Eomma said I shouldn’t be at work.”

“Huh?” She blinked; Jaehyun smiled and just took her hand in his.

“Did you get fired?” She mused. Jaehyun chuckled.

“She said I should be here instead. Work can wait.”

“It’s nice when you’re here.” She murmured.

“How are you? I saw the news about Na Jinhee.” She continued, Jaehyun exhaled.

“Her son already flew back to Japan and from what I heard HanShin is slowly going back to normal now.”

“Thank you, Jung.” She smiled before kissing his cheek, right where his dimple was.

 

 

“Let me see,” Eunbi spoke, Mark was sitting across her on the hospital bed.

It was supposed to be sent to you, noona. You’re not even allowed to work yet,” Mark sighed, Jennie grinned from the couch.

“It’s fine, eggbun.” She mussed his hair before taking the file from him, Mark had been staring at the reports earlier and it bothered her.

“Hmm, they’ve finally finished this.” She murmured as she thumbed through the documents.

“Of course, when you have the big boss pressing you to do it, it will be finished.” Jennie mused, Eunbi rolled her eyes at the girl.

“Some people aren’t happy about Jung Banking Group helping out with the audit, but the BOD has agreed on it. I have to admit, no bias or whatsoever, HanShin needs this.” She murmured as she studied the sheets again.

“Anything?” Mark asked.

“Most of them all look good, but check on HanShin Hotels again. Nagini did the most damage there.” She said before returning the file to him.

“So, are you really going back to work? With that?” Jennie stood up and walked to the two, she was gesturing towards her injured leg.

“I need to be there, J.” She smiled, Mark made a face at her.

“And, you,” She faced her sibling.

“I heard from abeoji’s secretary,”

“We are not discussing it, noona.” Mark stated.

“I know, but, take it easy. I’m not taking his side, but eggbun, he’s the only parent have left.”

“She’s right. Although, sometimes she’s not, this time, she is.” Jennie nodded, Eunbi just hit her arm.

I’ll be heading to the office then, call me in case I forget to buy you cupcakes.” Mark kissed the top of her head before leaving the room.

 

 

“How is she?” Lee Jiwook asked as his assistant picked up.

“She’s being released today, Mrs. Jung is with her, Jaehyun too.”

He smiled and nodded.

“But, sir,”

“Young master Mark has joined the company, he’s taken a few weeks off school and from what I’ve heard, he’s been working with the BOD.”

“That’s good.”

“And, sir, about the flowers you sent.”

“I know, Eunbi sent me a thank you note.” He said as he looked at the light blue stationery paper on his table.

Eunbi had written a simple note and wrote “thank you”.

“I have a lot of things to work on with my kids, I need to make it up then.”

“I’m sure you will get there, sir.”

He looked at the paper again.

“I’m going to have to prepare the house then.” He said softly.

“Yes, sir. I hope you can get to talk to the young miss, I mean, the president Lee.”

 

 

“Auntie,” Eunbi smiled as she was wheeled out of the room, the nurse bowed politely.

“Eunha is so going to haunt me, look at you,” Mrs. Jung frowned.

“I’m fine now, auntie. They already took the stitches out and I’m going home.”

“No, you’re not.” Jaehyun walked intervened, Eunbi blinked at him.

“Pent house.” He said.

“Jaehyun-ah, I meant home as in the one~”

“No, you can’t go there. That house,”

Mrs. Jung bit her lip and looked at the two.

“I’ll wait downstairs.” She nodded before leaving them, the nurse politely walked away.

“Ya,” Eunbi reached for his hand, Jaehyun looked at her.

“At some point I do have to go home, Jung.”

“Alone? Mark’s still living at the penthouse.”

“I know, and I talked to him about it. It’s just difficult for him to be around our father, that’s why he,”

“And you want to be in that house again? Eunbi, that place,”

“Jaehyun, I’m fine. I maybe still angry with him, but I’m okay now. I want to go home. It’s safe now, she’s gone.” She said softly, Jaehyun’s brows met briefly.

She smiled before raising her arms to him; he exhaled before letting her wrap her arms around his neck.

“I’m okay now, you can stop worrying.” She said before kissing his cheek.

Jaehyun just sighed and kissed the side of her head.

“It’s time to go home then, bb.”

“Can we get ice cream on the way home? It’s my treat.” She offered.

“Yeah. You do owe me ice cream.” He smiled as he pulled away from her.

 

Eunbi just poked his nose before gesturing for him to push the wheelchair.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++