028

My Lucky Strike

 

 

Mark had no idea why he was being wheeled away from the company accompanied by guards who weren’t sent by Kyungsoo.

He slid inside the black Land Rover and paused when he found Johnny inside.

Hyung, what’s~

First, we have to get you out of here, it’s not safe.” Johnny stated as they car started to move.

Why?”

Na Jinhee or Hong Jihye..is a murderer. And with what just happened today, you have to be nowhere in her reach.” Johnny stated as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Mark was stunned for a few seconds, then his brows rose.

But why just me?” Mark asked.

“What?”

“Noona is also at the company, she just stepped out of her office to get some air.”

Johnny cursed under his breath before taking out his phone again.

“No use calling her, she left her phone.” Mark stated, he glanced at the building worriedly.

I’ll have to call Jaehyun then.

 

 

Jaehyun flexed his neck as he pored over the files on his desk, his secretary walked in the room.

“Sir, the meeting Chung Finance Group has been moved.”

“When?” He looked up from his desk.

“It’s today, sir. After lunch.”

Jaehyun nodded, then before he could speak his phone started to ring.

“Hyung,” He answered.

“Is she with you?” Johnny asked directly.

“Eunbi? No. She went with Kyung~”

“We can’t find her, Jaehyun.”

“I can call~”

“No, you have to look for her. Now.”

“Hyung, what’s happening?” Jaehyun stood up and dismissed his secretary.

“It’s Na Jinhee. She’s been wanted for murder for quite some time now.”

Jaehyun stilled.

“What?!”

“I went to pick up Mark from HanShin but Eunbi is nowhere to be found~”

Jaehyun grabbed his coat and ran out of his office.

 

 

Jennie was pacing back and forth in the living room, they were in the pent house, Mark was seated by the windows, arms crossed and forehead creased.

“Where is she?” She sighed; Johnny was on the phone, talking to Do.

“I know it’s bad to panic, but I’m panicking!”

“How could this happen? How could abeoji not now about this?” Mark murmured.

“Hyung, why do you think he just stepped down like that?” He added, Johnny shook his head.

“I don’t know. Maybe he finally realized what he was doing. Or, Eunbi’s actions scared him.”

“Has Jaehyun finally located her?” Jennie joined them.

“Not yet. And that worries me. With...Na Jinhee’s history, who knows what she’ll do. Especially now we know what she’s capable of.”

Mark just exhaled and leaned back on the couch.

“Once noona finds out about this...Nagini is so going to be murdered.”

“Mutilated.” Johnny nodded.

 

 

Eunbi stared at the store’s front; she was standing outside a bookshop, not moving.

It was all happening too fast for her. She needed to be away from the company.

She was president now. She will have to run HanShin until Mark can take over.

She exhaled.

But she knew, that wasn’t the one bothering her.

“How could you just walk out like that?..Just like how you did before..” She murmured.

I..I..

She frowned.

“Eunbi,”

She froze and glanced behind her. Jaehyun looked a little shaken as he jogged towards her.

“What are you doing here?” He asked as he reached her.

“I’m supposed to ask you that. Why are you here?”

Jaehyun looked away.

“How could you leave like that?”

“Eunbi, I~”

“You did the same thing back then. You walked out on me. The time when I needed you, you walked out on me.”

“Eunbi, I didn’t, I just~”

“I know, Jung Jaehyun. I know everything.”

Jaehyun halted.

“I know you and Kyungsoo oppa fought because of me.”

Jaehyun’s eyes widened.

“And I know what that meant, I knew that somehow…he looked at me differently and that bothered you.”

“It wasn’t~”

“I…I don’t know what to do with you, the fact that I chose to go to you speaks volumes, why do…” She let out a shaky breath.

“I just…I need you right now, but I feel like you want..want me to leave. So, I don’t know what to do. I don’t know..I don’t even know why I’m president.”

“Eunbi,” Jaehyun frowned.

“You confuse me. You always have.” She whispered.

“Riding that car alone, being delivered back to HanShin, do you know how scared I was? I’m too young for that position, I don’t even~” She choked.

“Eunbi, I’m sorry.” Jaehyun pulled her to his chest.

“I just thought you wanted to go with him, he came over to pick you up and I just assumed~”

“You always like to do that.” She sighed, Jaehyun frowned and just kissed the side of her head.

“I’m sorry, Eunbi. It’s just that seeing you with him, I…It reminds me so much of all my mistakes. Letting you go, being angry with you and asking you to leave. I did all of that.” He stated.

“I wont do that again. I promise.” He said with a small smile.

“You know I love you, right?” He nudged her, her brows met briefly.

“Does this mean we can get ice cream now? Because Mark probably finished the one you sent.”

“No, we cant.”

“Did you just…say no to me?” She balked, Jaehyun managed to chuckle softly.

 

 

“Yes, and again, I’m sorry, but we’re on red alert now, bb. We have to go.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++