007

My Lucky Strike

 

Eunbi waited as her purchases were being loaded to a black van, she had a bottle of sparkling water in front of her.

“The legend is back.”

She looked up, she grinned at the male.

“May I?” He gestured towards the empty seat across her.

“Doyoungie.”

“Jaehyun did mention you were back, how are you?”

“Still a little jetlagged, and out for blood.” She chuckled, Doyoung smirked.

“Because of the wedding?”

“Oh no, they are not getting married.” She nodded surely.

“Huh?”

“I just got a job, you know. At HanShin. It wont be long until that engagement will be washed away.”

“Hmm, Jaehyun didn’t mention you hate your father’s new fiancé.”

“I just don’t feel good about this, you know. My father’s not young anymore and she’s…It’s just too…It feels like it’s staged or something.”

“Your gut tells you that?”

She nodded, Doyoung smiled.

“Then, how about this weekend? Drinks with the old crew? I heard Youngho hyung just got back.”

“Cool. I’ll be there.”

“Have you heard? Jaehyun’s being set up.”

“I know, I’ve met her. Pinky.” She nodded.

“Pinky?” Doyoung blinked.

“Isn’t that her name?”

“It’s Jisoo, you big bully.”

She just chuckled.

 

 

“She really is back in society.” Johnny nodded as he set down the newspaper, his secretary looked at him. He was just reading an article about Eunbi being back in Seoul and she was rumored to be taking her position in HanShin. And also, fashion magazines were trying to snag an interview and tag all the clothes she wears.

“The young miss called earlier while you were away, sir.”

“She said she’d be taking office tomorrow. She..demands that you send her flowers.”

He chuckled.

“I will, I was planning to meet her tonight actually, her father has scheduled dinner at their home.”

“Well, I wish her luck.”

“Huh?” He looked at the lady.

“President Lee’s wife to be, I wish her luck.” The lady nodded solemnly, Johnny grinned.

“Good point. She needs it.”

 

 

Eunbi sat by her room’s veranda that overlooked the garden, she watched as the staff prepared the garden. Tables were being laid out, chairs, there was even a jazz band.

How tacky.” She muttered, her eyes went to Jinhee, managing the people. She was barking orders left and right.

So tacky.” She added again, the lady was dressed in a black sequined dress that was too flashy and short for the occasion.

She notice some guests starting to arrive, her eyes went to Jungkook and Doyoung whom had arrived together, then Johnny rolled in with his emerald green Veneno.

Mark rushed out to greet them, even his pals, Jeno and Haechan were present.

“I only need one more.”

Then Eunbi grinned as her old friend, Jennie Kim arrived.

“Perfect.” She went back to her room and put on her Chloe flats before rushing down.

 

 

“Jung Jaehyun.”

Jaehyun looked up as Johnny walked to him, Jennie was standing beside him with a friendly smile.

“I almost forgot how trouble looks like.” He said pleasantly.

“It’s been a while, Jaehyun.” Jennie grinned, and then they glanced up as they saw Jinhee rushing to greet some of the newcomers.

I give it a month.” Jennie suddenly spoke.

“A month?” Jaehyun asked.

“In a month, she’ll move out.” She mused, and then Eunbi appeared by the marble staircase, Jinhee halted in midstep and smiled at the girl.

“What do you think? Two months?” Johnny nudged the male, Jaehyun just looked at her and waved back when she saw them.

“A month would suffice.” He replied as Eunbi hopped to them, looking dainty in a white off shoulder sundress.

Hi, .” Jennie hugged her.

“Finally, you’re in Seoul.” Eunbi sighed.

I heard from Johnny. So, when are we getting the stakes to burn her with?

Soon. I already started with the furniture she chose for the house. Did you know? She’s been trying to redecorate everything. Including the doghouse! My poor kids had to live with orange and yellow interiors.

Johnny just shook his head and watched as the two walked back to the house.

Well, she’s back.” Johnny grinned at the Jung heir.

“Still can’t believe I dated her, she can be scary.” Jaehyun chuckled before they joined their other friends.

 

 

“So, what’s the stitch?” Jennie asked as they entered the living room.

“It’s fishy, you know. I mean, the moment she started dating appa, she immediately transferred to HanShin.”

“What if your father asked her to?”

“Well, if you’re a woman with strong morals and pride, would you let a man give you a job? Nope.” She stated.

“Point well made.”

“And, the fact that she asked him to surprise me after they get married. After! After! She knew I was going to go against it, that’s why she didn’t want me to know anything.” Eunbi elaborated, and then she glanced at the windows again, Doyoung and Jaehyun were talking to Jinhee and the Lee elder, Jaehyun’s father was also with them.

“Ya, I also heard, you managed to drag Jaehyun with you in buying a car, what’s that?” Jennie asked suspiciously.

“I have no know-how with cars, J.”

“But of all people, your ex? What about Johnny?” Jennie pointed out.

“But it’s Jaehyun, you know. We were friends before all that happened.” She whined.

“But he’s your ex, it seems wrong.” Jennie reasoned.

“I don’t think so, and we’re both cool about the whole~”

Admit it, Bonnie.”

“I don’t have feelings for him anymore, Jennie. But yes, he does look good, as always.” Eunbi said in her usual cool manner.

“Are you also going to drag him with you in this? Since Nagini worked for JBG once?”

“Of course.”

“Wow, you really are his headache.”

“Right?” Eunbi smiled, and then her phone started to vibrate.

“Ahjussi!” She greeted her father’s secretary warmly.

“I sent that list to you purposely, agasshi.”

She paused, she gave Jennie a nod before walking towards the windows.

“Hmm, interesting. I knew someone as efficient as you wouldn’t make such mistake.”

“I just..noticed something odd, young miss.”

Eunbi looked at the guests, her eyes zeroed on Jinhee who had one arm around her father’s as they welcomed newcomers.

“What do you mean?”

“She took over almost three months ago, there are some...discrepancies. I’ve prepared everything in file, it will be delivered to your office tomorrow. And,”

“Miss Na managed to convince the president to switch doctors, he hasn’t been visiting doctor Jeon as regularly. Please....check on this, agasshi.”

A small smirk formed on her lips.

 

 

“Hi,” Eunbi smiled as she joined the table, she sat down beside Jungkook.

“Eunbi, you’ve met Jisoo, right?” Doyoung said, Eunbi looked up and smiled at the girl sitting beside Jaehyun.

“Yeah, I have. Thanks for coming.” She said calmly, Jennie and Johnny looked at each other.

“So, what’s the agenda? Are you really taking over?” Jungkook nudged her.

“Yeah, and it looks like I have a lot of work to do.” Eunbi stated, Jaehyun looked at her.

“Ya, something’s not right.” Jennie murmured to him.

“First,” The elder Lee suddenly spoke as he stood up, the guests all turned to him.

“She’s about to do something.”Jaehyun stated, Eunbi and Mark glanced at their father. She just rolled her eyes and took a small sip of her wine.

“I would like to thank everyone for coming on short notice, I really just wanted to throw a small gathering for my daughter.”

Jinhee stood up and hooked her arm around his, Jaehyun saw Eunbi smile to herself before standing up.

“Hyuuung,” Mark nudged him the Jung heir worriedly.

“And I am proud to announce that my Eunbi is finally joining us at HanShin and~”

Jinhee paused and looked at him; clearly it was her first time to hear of such news.

“She will be HanShin’s new CEO and, will be taking over HanShin Hotels, HanShin Housing and HanShin Malls.” Eunbi announced as she joined her father’s side.

“Y—Yeobo,” Jinhee was stunned, the guests all clapped. Eunbi smiled and raised her glass.

“I’m betting that those are the departments that Na Jinhee’s holding.” Jungkook grinned, Johnny hooted.

“Those departments are all mine.” She chuckled, the guests laughed.

“So, enjoy the party,” She peeled her eyes away from the crowd and looked at Jinhee.

 

 

“While it lasts.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++