019

My Lucky Strike

 

20XX

 

 

Eunbi fixed her ponytail as she slid down from her car, she had her backpack slung over one shoulder as she walked towards the building.

“Eunbi sunbaenim,”

She halted and turned behind her, a younger male was rushing towards her with a box of chocolates in hand.

“Sangmin.” She smiled at him.

“I heard…you passed Mr. Song’s final exams, people rarely do.” He said shyly, Eunbi nodded.

“It…was..a headache, but it was okay.”

“Then, this, sunbae.” He offered her the chocolates, she blinked at him.

“For what..is this?”

“A gift, since~”

“I can’t really eat chocolates. I’m sorry, but thank you.” She nodded before quickly jogging towards the stairs.

She shook her head and checked her phone.

“What was that?”

She looked, Jaehyun was walking towards her, and she made a face at him.

“I didn’t know what to tell him, I mean, people were watching, and I’m allergic to choco~”

“You didn’t know what he meant by that?” Jaehyun asked before taking her hand.

“He said it was a gift because I passed the finals.” She blinked at him, Jaehyun just chuckled.

“Wae?” She nudged him.

“It’s nothing, my blind girl.” He smiled before kissing the side of her head.

"Blind? What are you saying, did you just diss me right now?She balked, Jaehyun just chuckled.

 

 

“A summer trip?” Jennie leaned over the table, they looked up as Johnny and her older brother arrived.

“To where?” Jaehyun spoke.

“I don’t know, where do you feel like going?” Eunbi asked, Taeyong grinned and sat down across her.

“Ya, Kim Jennie!”

They all looked up just as a girl dressed in a short red dress approached them, Jennie faced her.

“Stop playing your trick s on Taeyong sunbae, we all know what you’re planning, you are just~”

“Oh my god, please, go away. Go away.” Eunbi sighed, her tone sharp, the girl halted.

“Stay out~”

“Ani, you stay out of it. You’re suggesting right now. And we’re deciding on~”

“Eunbi,” Jaehyun’s fingers circled around her wrist, Taeyong smiled.

“She’s actually my sister.” He cleared his throat, the girl balked.

“Run along now,” Jennie shrugged at her.

“Your parents are so weird, if a son is born, he carries the father’s family name, but if a daughter, it’s the mother’s…How did they come up with this?” Johnny blinked.

Eunbi grinned and just leaned on Jaehyun’s arm as they chatted.

“How about Chile?” Jennie spoke.

Eunbi just nodded before pressing her forehead against Jaehyun’s shoulder.

“Long day?” He asked while rubbing her back soothingly.

“I have a report to finish, and that quiz this Wednesday.” She muttered, her voice a little muffled.

“Wanna grab lemon bars from the café outside before heading home?” He asked.

“But your chef makes the best ones, can I camp over tonight?”

“Did you just suggest sleeping at my place?” Jaehyun mused.

“I’m only there for the food, you ert.” She rolled her eyes before pulling away.

“And, you also have that paper to write, bb.” She pointed out before pulling Johnny’s fries towards her.

“Hmm, I’ll call home and ask chef Shin to make some lemon bars. I’ll see you after class.” Jaehyun touched her cheek before leaving.

 

 

It wasn’t like that, but this one is good.Eunbi nodded as she pointed towards the photo, Jennie nodded along.

“It’s from the new Celine line, it will totally match your style.” She continued as they stepped out of the lecture hall.

“What are your plans for the weekend?” Eunbi asked.

“Have you told Jaehyun about that Milan thing?” Jennie asked quietly, Eunbi sighed and shook her head.

“I don’t know, I mean I want to do it, but,” She trailed off.

“Eunbi, you should tell him, I mean, no, it’s not you should ask for his permission, but he should know that you plan to be away for two years.” Jennie pointed out as they walked out of the building.

“But, I don’t even know if I’ll get in.” Eunbi mumbled.

“If you do, then you’ll tell him at the last minute? How will he feel?”

She just looked away, Jennie looked at the parking lot, students were already crowding over Eunbi’s purple Lamborghini.

“Really, you two.” Jennie shook her head, he saw Taeyong and Jaehyun chatting, the younger male was leaning against his yellow Lamborghini.

“Are having couple cars even still a thing? So cheesy.” She shuddered; Eunbi just punched her playfully before walking towards her car.

 

 

“How is this?” Jaehyun asked as he pulled away from his laptop, Eunbi stood up and walked towards him.

“How are you better at this than I am?” She sighed before picking up the laptop and placing herself on his lap, he chuckled before letting her lean against his chest.

“I have to talk to you about something,” She started as she shut the laptop close and set it aside.

“About what?” He asked, Eunbi pursed her lips.

“Is this about school? Is someone bothering you?” He continued, Eunbi shifted and met his gaze.

“There’s…this thing I applied to, an internship.”

Jaehyun nodded, his brows met briefly and he brushed away the crumbs from the side of her lip.

“That sounds interesting.” He met her gaze.

“It’s in Milan.”

He paused, his brows rose.

“Nothing is sure yet, I actually have to go through screening and..such.” She trailed off.

“That far?”

“I can go home during the holidays, that’s if I pass.” She bit her lip, Jaehyun just nodded.

“I just wanted to tell you before I apply for it. I don’t want you to worry.” She smiled at him.

“I thought you meant internship here, maybe applying for Lotte or that business firm Do Group started in Jeju.” He said softly.

“But, I’ve always wanted to live in Milan, even just for a bit, but don’t worry too much, I have a long way to go.” She smiled.

 

 

“Yeah, I know.” Jaehyun leaned over to press his lips against hers before picking up his laptop.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++