The Queen and The Princess

On Their Way To The Royal Ball

Brown: Hayeon

Brown: Let's go have lunch

 

Hayeon's phone vibrated twice to signal the two messages that just arrived. It was already nearing noon and she had been up since nine in the morning. But knowing Taekwoon, he must've just woken up and was feeling hungry.

 

Cony: Go and ask Eunji out for lunch ^^ she replied back, already smiling into her spoon.

 

"What's up?" her companion asked.

 

Hayeon smiled wider, turning her phone to let them see the screen. "Your boyfriend is lonely." she answered.

 

Eunji also smiled at the screen, especially when the phone vibrated again for the next message.

 

Brown: Can't. She said she's going out with a friend today :(

 

"I know~" Hayeon verbally replied.

 

"I wonder who else will he bother. He really sounds bored." Eunji said amused. She had also reached for her phone and even from across the table, Hayeon can see that Taekwoon was also messaging her.

 

Eunji shook her head a little as she typed back a response. 

 

GIANT: Are you having fun? I'm bored. I think Yeonie's busy, too. ヽ(`⌒´)ノ

tiny: Yup! I'm having lunch right now. Aww... I'll buy you something for later. What do you want? (っ´▽`)っ

 

Eunji had let her read the exchange and they shared a knowing smile. Their little girls' day out was kept secret from Taekwoon afterall.

 

"I'll bet he'll request for cream puffs." Hayeon said, going back to her phone to also type a reply back. 

 

Cony: Then go hang out with Junmyeon and Yifan. I'm out, too. (•ω•)

Brown: And be a major third wheel? (ノ゚Д゚) No, thanks.

Brown: Shopping with Dongho? 

Cony: You make it sound like I don't have other friends ( ̄へ ̄)

 

"Oh wow! He did ask for cream puffs. How did you guess that?!" 

 

Eunji looked so cute, looking at Hayeon in awe. Her already big round eyes, widening even more, her lips forming that little 'o'.

 

"He's been whining at me to try and make some. I've never tried making cream puffs before." Hayeon answered. She remembered Taekwoon randomly finding a cream puff making tutorial video on his SNS and going straight to her room instead of just sending her a message. "Hayeon! Look! Cream puffs!" he exclaimed like an excited kid.

 

GIANT: Ah! Get vanilla and chocolate if they're available. Hayeon prefers vanilla :)

 

Brown: Not many people can take your presence, Your Highness (¬_¬)

Cony: Off with your head!(╯°□°)╯︵(\ .o.)\

 

Hayeon unintentionally slammed her phone too strongly, making Eunji give her a look that asked why. It reminded her so much of Taekwoon. Looks like her best friend is rubbing off on his girlfriend.

 

"Wait. Let me guess. You guys are bickering again?" She was already giggling even before Hayeon could give her an answer. "I swear, you guys are so great at finding things to bicker about."

 

"It's his fault!" she answered, indignant.

 

"Yup. Same words I hear from Taekwoon."

 

"Ugh. Taek's rubbing off on you." she grumbled, hiding her face in her hands.

 

"I think it's cute. I actually feel a bit jealous sometimes." Eunji casually said before sipping her juice.

 

At the comment, Hayeon quickly  scrambled for words, "You have nothing to worry about! Me and Taek are just--"

 

"Hayeon." she said calmly, "Don't worry. I know." She smiled warmly at Hayeon, which greatly eased her.

 

"Sorry. I just don't want a repeat of last year since I actually think you're good for Taek." 

 

"He was already your best friend even before I met him. Taekwoon tells me every time he's with you and honestly, I have no room to doubt either of you."

 

Hayeon wiped imaginary tears from her eyes, "You're too good for that oaf. Too good. Be my girlfriend instead!"

 

They both laughed over it afterwards, earning the attention of the tables next to them.

 

~*~

 

"Do you have anything in mind that you want to give him?" Hayeon asked as they walked around the department store.

 

"At first I wanted to get him clothes but then thought maybe earrings would be better. I kind of want to get him something he can always use."

 

There was the telltale blush on Eunji's cheeks that Hayeon can't help but coo over. She unconsciously patted her head and ruffled her hair.

 

"What is up with the two of you lording me about how short I am?" she complained, pouting. 

 

Actually, it isn't like Eunji is short, it was just that Hayeon is tall with a height of 173 cm. A full 10 cm taller than Eunji. And Taekwoon is at 183 cm. Even way taller. Hayeon had seen Taekwoon tease Eunji about the large height difference almost on a daily basis and it was way too amusing not to watch.

 

"It's because you're so cute!" Hayeon exclaimed, patting Eunji's head again.

 

"You mean, I'm small." she said, scrunching her face at her taller friend. "Anyway, what do you think? Is it a good idea?" Eunji asked, bringing them back to their original topic.

 

"Actually," Hayeon played with the ends of her sleeves. Taekwoon had told her that Hayeon's hands get restless whenever she's nervous, so she knew she was opposed to the idea before she even continued. "Taek is allergic to most jewelries. Those he have now are expensive and were bought by his parents, aunts and uncles."

 

Eunji smiled at her, took her hands and said, "I'm really glad you agreed to come with me. My gift would have been a disaster otherwise. Thank you, Hayeon."

 

The hug Hayeon gave her afterwards obviously surprised her. "You're such a good girl. Promise me you won't turn into a toad."

 

"A what?"

 

Hayeon laughed to herself. "Nothing. Ignore my over dramatic ."

 

"Okay? Well, looks like I'm back to Plan A." Eunji replied. They continued to walk around but she kept their arms linked. It seems like Hayeon enjoys being physically close and Eunji is more than fine with it. They didn't have much time to hang around with just the two of them so today is a good opportunity to do it. 

 

"Ah! If you want shirts, Taek likes this brand." Hayeon said, stopping at the corner and pointing at an area of men's items.

 

"If you don't mind me asking, what will you get him?" Eunji asked, taking out a couple of shirts from the rack and asking for a size from the salesman.

 

"Give us the 100 and 105 L size please." Hayeon said after Eunji gave her a silent question asking what size she should ask for. "About my gift, maybe I'll look up the cream puff recipe afterall."

 

Eunji just tilted her head again. Hayeon smiled, feeling like she's talking with a smaller and a girl version of Taekwoon. "Taek likes things sweeter than how shops usually make them so he always bugs me when I'm baking." She pulled out a blue sleeveless plaid shirt with a short front and a long back and also asked for the same size.

 

"I've never had the chance to taste your creations and Taekwoon talks about them non stop."

 

"Well, I try not to give him diabetes."

 

While they were talking, the salesman came back with the sizes they asked for. Hayeon stretched the red shirt Eunji chose and shool her head, "The shoulders is a bit too narrow in size 100 and size 105 has a wide armhole."

 

"And this?"

 

"For styles like this, Taek prefers the sleeves reaching around half of his hands."

 

"You're really good at this." Eunji remarked, taking the shirts back to the staff attending to them.

 

"If you have to listen to him grumble about all the little details every time he feels like buying new clothes, you'll learn, too." She checks out the shirt she asked for, then muttered under her breath, "And he has the nerve to complain about me taking my time choosing."

 

"That looks nice. Is it for your boyfriend?" 

 

Hayeon looked at the shirt again, "Well, that's the original plan, but now I'm not so sure."

 

"Why?"

 

"I know this will fit Taek perfectly but I've never went clothes shopping with Dongho before so I'm not very sure about the fit."

 

She was about to return the shirt, too, but Eunji stopped her, "Mind if I take this one?" she asked.

 

"Not at all."

 

~*~

 

Brown: Cream puffs! Come. Eunji brought some from the mall ヾ(¯∇ ̄๑)

 

"I know~" Hayeon verbally replied.

 

Cony: I'll be there~ ฅ'ω'ฅ

 

Hayeon: Looks like we'll see each other so soon ^ω^

Eunji: ~\(≧▽≦)/~ Well, Taekwoon did ask for the vanilla puffs for you

Eunji: You should hurry Σ(っ゚Д゚;)っ He has eaten a quarter already

 

Brown: I'm eating them all if you don't hurry (○゚ε゚○)

 

Eunji: Hayeon! Hurry!!! ( TДT)

 

--------------------------------------------------

 

lindsjune: Guys, Akira has been on a roll this past week....you're all in for a long ride.

 

Akira: ^^; guilty as charged. Anyway, what do you guys think of the story so far?