Lie

Age
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Caught in a lie

Find the me that was innocent

I can’t free myself from this lie

Give me back my laughter

Take me out of this hell

I can’t free yourself from this pain

Save the me who’s being punished."

~ Bts Lie

Daniels footsteps echoed throughout the empty streets of Seoul.

Patches of light from dim lamp posts lit Daniel’s unknown path. Although Daniel was unsure of where he was going, he knew one thing, and one thing only. He couldn't stop walking; because if he stopped now, he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to get up again.

It hadn't felt like it, but Daniel had been walking for hours on end, trying to clear his mind.

He knew he would have to take his time making his decision but no matter how hard he tried only one person came into his mind each time he came up with a different solution.

Seongwoo.

Daniel knew he was selfish. He knew he was selfish once he started his relationship with Seongwoo.

He had all the opportunities in the world to end it all with Seongwoo. Yet, he couldn’t.

As each day dragged on, he felt himself falling deeper and deeper.

Daniel used to think about the harm he was causing his family as he felt the other’s lips on his own; but after a while, he would start thinking about Seongwoo’s lips as he sat in his living room holding his three-year-old son.

Although Daniel didn’t know what his future entailed, he knew Seongwoo was going to be a big part of it.

~

Daniel sat at his dining room table, practicing the words he had thought of thousands of times.

It had only been a week since he had seen the beautiful brunette; yet to Daniel, it felt like he spent a century without feeling the other’s lips on his own.

He sat patiently for Mina to finally come home after dropping Woojin off at daycare.

Daniel had waited for the perfect time to talk to Mina, not wanting Woojin to witness what was about to take place. Daniel waited until he heard the door slam and the sound of heels clicking against their tiled floor.

Mina walked into their small but cozy apartment not knowing that this was one of the last times her and Daniel were going to be sitting in the same room they had bought together years ago.

“What are you doing here Daniel? I thought you were going to work?” Confusion spread across Mina’s face, knowing that her husband never skipped work.

“I took a day off Mina. I wanted to talk.” Daniel gulped. “I want to talk about us.”

Mina grabbed the seat across from Daniel, eyeing him suspiciously but unable to see his face. Daniel’s head hung low, ashamed and guilty about what he was about to tell the person he’s been married to for almost four years.

“What’s wrong Daniel?” Mina reached out her hand to grab onto Daniel's, but the latter quickly pulled his hand away, wiggling out of her grasp.

Daniel took a deep breath, knowing the next few words he said weren’t going to be easy. “I want a divorce.”

Mina’s mouth hung slightly agape, not believing what she had just heard. Yes, she knew her relationship wasn’t perfect and that they’ve both had their ups and downs, but a divorce? That was something Mina would have never expected to hear.

She sat back in her chair, now staring at her hands in her lap. She knew this couldn’t have been a sudden thought from Daniel.

She knew it had to be influenced by something.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter