Who is Next, Aftermath

Midnight Altar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Team A won.

 

In a way, it was very much expected. Jinwoo was not blind to reality. Team A has two popular members, one who has debuted solo, and one who was good at comedy and flattery. Team A was more vulnerable, much appealing to the public. Team A could not afford to lose the game. If they lose, they would disband. No other way to put it.

 

Losing meant losing Kang Seungyoon, who was very well already on his path to success. Losing meant losing Lee Seunghoon, a quirky yet brilliant choreographer and rapper. Losing meant letting go of Taehyun, who was a gifted song-writer and singer. Letting go of Mino, whom in all his magnificent talent as a rapper, looked like a mix between G-Dragon and Taeyang, both very popular and successful. Letting go of him, Jinwoo thought, because Yan Hyunsuk said it might as well be his last chance. He himself, while not as talented as others, has a face.  

 

Team B was much younger than team A. They have their whole life in front of them still, in their teenage years they still have a chance even with their delayed debut. Jinwoo supposed he could understand that better than anyone, being the oldest of the bunch. 

 

All these reasoning behind their win did not stop him from looking at Hanbin with guilt, though. The Hanbin he knew had worked to the bone for this, the Hanbin with so much potential hidden behind those tired eyes. The Hanbin he stayed out late with.

 

Because Jinwoo knew, deep in his little heart, that he wanted this. Wanted to debut, wanted to sing, wanted to support his father. 

 

He wanted to stay with Mino.

 

That fool that cried harder than anyone else for his win. Because he was considerate and kind like that. 

 

Mino. Song Minho. 

 

________

 

That night Jinwoo did not sleep. The team--Winner, he reminded himself--returned to their dorm without much fuss. They were happy, of course. They were conflicted, because even though they won, the team that had spent years training along side with them lose. It was a win without celebration. The members quickly took showers and went to sleep.

 

Except for Jinwoo.

 

The vocalist raised from his bed once he was sure Seungyoon was sleeping. Quietly, he dressed himself in warm clothes and crept out of the room. 

 

He was rather startled when he found Mino on the sofa of the living room. The rapper was curled up not unlike a cat, fast asleep in his striped pajamas. His face looked relaxed and peaceful, yet tired at the same time. It was no wonder, he was very emotional at the end of the show. It must be very taxing to his body.

 

Jinwoo walked to Mino's room then, pulling out a blanket to the living room. Slowly as to not wake the younger man, Jinwoo covered him warmly. He could not help but smile fondly when Mino curled even further to the cocoon the vocalist just made. He bent down to caress the man's head, then quickly pulled away.

 

Small moments like these were the reason he was glad the show was over. At least now, there was no camera to catch him doing impulsive things.

 

He did not even dare hug Mino on the stage. He only approached the rapper once they were back in the waiting room, out of the sight of public. Perhaps it was guilt, or shame, or fear of someone possibly finding out his motive. He'd never know, he was pretty much out of it. He was a wreck. It was good of Bobby to stop him from consuming too much of that aspirin, he guessed. He did got a nosebleed at the end of the show.

 

It made him recall their win. In a sense, it was still quite surreal.  He remembered seeing Mino knelt down, his legs failed him in relief. Hanbin came and comforted him first, while Jinwoo was busy crying. 

 

On the other hand, Bobby had open-heartedly hugged him first. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter