War

Midnight Altar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They said attachment hurts.

 

They could not be more true.

 

Jinwoo was aware of this fact long before he even thought of a crush, but it seems that reality have the need to hammered it down for him.

 

Leaving his hometown had been the first. He was close to his father; times growing up and learning all sorts of things made Jinwoo think that they would all be together forever. Chasing a dream to Seoul really was not the first thing he thought realistically could happen. But then he made the decision to leave. He was a man, after all, and sooner or later man leave their homes to work for a living. It was hard, and although the longing dulled somehow as time goes by, sometimes he would catch himself thinking about what could have happened. Would he be fishing with his father? Would they live better with him around, that his father do not have to worry about his safety god-knows-where? Would it be better for his health--because god knows how much time he spent training in abandon? It hurts, even thinking about it. Everything everyday made him feel homesick.

 

He thought, perhaps, that if he formed no bond, he would not ever hurt again.

 

And for sometime, it worked.

 

Trainees came and go fairly quick. There were no lasting memories, because between training and missing home, it was every man for themselves. It was brutal, it was ruthless, it was life. They all need to be better, they all need to debut. Either that, or go back to wherever you were empty handed. And thinking of what it meant for his father, Jinwoo really could not afford to give up.

 

Playing can be done later. Life could wait. He had more important matters to take care of.

 

Like how he need to train more.

 

He thought he had outsmarted these problems. And just when everything was going smoothly--it was really sarcastic, but urgh, sue him, for all he cares--Mino showed up. When Jinwoo felt like he was on the verge of breaking down and throw everything out of the window, he showed up. The entire 1.8m package of cuteness, innocence, and love, complete with its own wind whirl of feelings and chaos. And Jinwoo's heart betrayed him. Because he was adorable, damnit. Everything about Mino seemed to light up the world like sunshine, and Jinwoo was hell-bent to get a tan.

 

Except that his skin was sensitive, and he ended up getting sunburned instead.

 

Because Mino was perfect. Being with him made Jinwoo felt like he might burst out in happiness. Mino always made sure that the older was well taken care of, and be there whenever help was needed. He made Jinwoo happy, he made Jinwoo laugh, but he made Jinwoo vulnerable. He was up there in the cloud, while Jinwoo was down here on earth, desperately trying to fly.

 

And now that he was hanging onto Mino, trying to reach the same dream he has, the vocalist was faced with the frightening possibility that this warm feelings, this contentment, could be taken away. He could not lose Mino. Not when threads left of his sanity was connected to said man. Not when his heart belonged to said man. 

 

So he has a purpose. He had decided.

 

That bond with Hanbin, though.

 

That was a mistake.

 

_________________

 

 

Both teams were given a chance to eat together before the final match began. It was the last shot, the last time they would be of equal standing. That night, on YG building's rooftop, they have a barbecue party together.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter