Inside, Drowning

Midnight Altar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Attachment hurts like hell. This, Jinwoo learned.

 

He stayed in his room after dinner for god knows how long. When he came out of his stupor, he noticed that the room was pitch black. The soft snore from the other bed told him that Seungyoon was already asleep. 

 

He should be sleeping too. But his hair and clothes smelled like the barbeque they had, and even a whiff of it would push Jinwoo back to the descending thoughts, and he would end up staying awake until noon. So he dragged himself up, took a towel from his cupboard, and strutted out of his room. Outside, Seunghoon was up watching their choreography on his laptop. 

 

"Shower, hyung?" he asked.

 

He nodded.

 

"You okay?"

 

Jinwoo forced himself to smile, but it came as more of a grimace. "Eung!" he said half-heartedly. He quickly speedwalk to the bathroom and closed the door. He placed his towel on the hanger, stripped down to his birthday suit and the shower. 

 

He did not know how long he stayed under the spray of hot water. His head felt empty and light. Certainly long. Long enough for his fingers and toes to shrivel up like old prune. He turned off the shower without thinking and slipped into a bathrobe. 

 

Then he stood. He stood still, quietly, staring at the mirror.

 

Was he really beautiful like this? It was his forte, after all. But black smudges adorned his eyes. His eyes looked droppy and tired. His skin red from all the hot water he was under. His 5 o'clock shadow was starting to show.

 

His hand wander to the place they keep the razor, and he winced. The blade nicked his skin, and blood started pouring out. Dark, thin trails of crimson dripped from his finger along his hand, down to the pristine white floor.

 

Jinwoo just stared. And stared.

 

Wasn't it amazing that the physical pain he felt was incomparable to his emotional one?

 

Tears started to fall. 

 

Then the door suddenly opened. In his haste to shower, it seemed that he forgot to lock the door. 

 

"Hyung?" Mino's voice filled his ears. "Still showering?"

 

Jinwoo turned slowly. The tears in his eyes made his vision blurry, but he could never mistake him for someone else. Mino was standing there, his body already half-way through the open door. He took one look at Jinwoo's bleeding finger and tears-streaked face, before running towards him in haste.

 

"You're bleeding!" He exclaimed. He quickly hold Jinwoo's hand in his hands and bring it to the sink. He turned the water on and began to clean up the wound. "Does it hurt? We'll need to clean it and get a band-aid."

 

Why was Mino so nice?

 

He lead Jinwoo to his room, where he kept his own first aid kit box. He made Jinwoo sat on his bed, before getting a band-aid and alcohol. He tended to the wound gently, like the vocalist might brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter