Chapter Four: My Sleepover!!

My Love Story!!

"Welcome to music club, Taekwoon!" Jaewhan sang out, pulling Taekwoon into the small room by his arm. After yanking his arm free, Taekwoon was somewhat relieved to see that the music club was relatively small - only him, Jaewhan, Wonshik, and a few other quiet boys and girls. Taekwoon wasn't good with crowds, so learning the club was rather small made him feel a lot more at ease.

"H-hello everyone, I'm Taekwoon," he bowed, introducing himself to the rest of the club. Once he had met everyone, he found a quiet corner in the room to sit with Wonshik. Taekwoon sat at the piano, with Wonshik sat on the table next to it, his long legs dangling over the side. "How are you doing, Wonshik?" he asked, noticing the bruise slowly beginning to fade.

"I'm good. You?" he asked with a smile, excited to have another excuse to spend more time with Taekwoon.

"Great," Taekwoon replied with a shy smile, looking over at Jaewhan for a moment. "He's pretty loud, huh?"

"He's fine," Wonshik laughed. "Just enthusiastic."

"So, Taekwoon," Jaewhan barged over, interrupting their conversation. "What do you do? Play piano?"

"A-ah, yes," he nodded, stretching his fingers out to prepare himself to play a piece. "I like to sing, too, but-"

"Sing? Awesome! Everyone, Taekwoon is going to sing for us!"

"W-what? N-no, I-"

"Don't be shy, go on~"

"W-Wonshik-" Taekwoon looked up at his friend for help, turning bright red from embarrassment. He was far too shy to perform in front of a group.

"Jae, leave him alone. He doesn't want to sing right now," Wonshik stood up, sensing the hopelessness on his friend's face. "Leave him alone."

"Alright. But I wanna hear you sing soon, okay?" Jaewhan asked, dispanding the group that had flocked around Taekwoon and walking off to work on his own thing.

"T-thank you, Wonshik..." Taekwoon breathed a sigh of relief, grateful that his friend had rescued him from the situation.  

"No problem," Wonshik sat back down, placing a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder to comfort him. "Anytime," he smiled.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

Another week passed with Taekwoon and Wonshik fast becoming best friends. The boys were both excited because it was Friday, and they were going out to the mall together on Saturday. It was Wonshik's first time sleeping over at Taekwoon's, and both boys were nervous - especially Taekwoon. The idea of sharing a bed with Wonshik drove him crazy.

"Hakyeon? When are you going to be home? Wonshik's coming over soon-"

"Woonie, I completely forgot," Hakyeon apologised, barely audible over the bustling streets in the background. "I already made plans to stay at Binnie's tonight. Guess you kids are alone tonight," he smirked. "Be safe, use protection~"

"W-what?!" Taekwoon whined into the phone. He was already nervous enough about sharing a bed with Wonshik - sharing a bed with him with them being all alone was even worse. "Hakyeon, I'm gonna kill you-"

"Relax, you'll be fine. I'm only a phone call away. Anyways, have fun, Woonie~!" Hakyeon laughed before hanging up. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Wonshik, come in~" Taekwoon answered the door excitedly, stepping aside to let his friend in. As nervous as he was about them being alone, he couldn't wait to spend more time with his crush. He had set up Hakyeon's gaming console up in the living room for them to mess about with, and had, as usual, baked Wonshik some tasty treats. This time round, he had baked some brownies for them to enjoy.

"Hey, Taekwoonie~" Wonshik smirked, taking off his coat and hanging it up on the rack. "Where's Hakyeon?"

"Oh, he's... h-he's staying over at his boyfriend's place, so..."

"Oh, so we're alone, huh?" Wonshik grinned. "Where does he hide the condoms?"

"W-what?!"

"I'm only teasing," he laughed, placing a hand on Taekwoon's shoulder. "You're so cute when you get all flustered~"

"C-cute?" Taekwoon stuttered, bright red. "I-I'm not cute!"

"I think you are," Wonshik mumbled under his breath, blushing a little bit. "A-anyways, what are we doing?"

"O-oh, I thought we could play some Mario Kart, maybe?" Taekwoon suggested, leading Wonshik into the living room and gesturing towards the couch. The boys sat down next to each other, taking a controller each as Taekwoon turned the TV and video game on.

Taekwoon was kind of terrible at Mario Kart, but he was competitive, and hated losing. Despite his best efforts, he kept losing to Wonshik, which eventually caused him to sulk a little. Pouting, he put the controller down on the coffee table and folded his arms, ready to give up when Wonshik suggested they play one more game. Although initially hesitant, Taekwoon was won over by Wonshik's handsome smile, and picked up the controller for one more game. Much to his surprise, he won, which made him very exciteable. He had no idea Wonshik had let him win just to see him smile once again.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Wonshik, do you have any homework?"

"What?"

"I always do my homework around this time," Taekwoon explained with a soft smile. "I thought maybe we could do it together."

"I... yeah, I guess I have homework," Wonshik scratched the back of his neck nervously, a little bit embarrassed. He wasn't very good at school, and often got poor grades. "I... I don't really... I don't really get it though," he admitted, looking down at his feet out of embarrassment.

"Hey, that's okay. I can help you," Taekwoon smiled, placing a hand on Wonshik's shoulder to comfort him. "What is it?"

"Uhm, it's maths, I think," he shrugged, looking up at Taekwoon once again. Once he caught sight of Taekwoon's bright smile, he found himself blusing slightly. He's beautiful, Wonshik thought to himself. "I uh, I'll go get it," he mumbled, standing up to retrieve his homework from the rucksack he had hung up with his coat.

Once he returned, he found himself incredibly impressed with just how smart Taekwoon was. It was like he knew how to do everything - he could bake amazing food, and he was talented academically. On top of that, it just so happened Wonshik found Taekwoon incredibly attractive. He was really beginning to fall for his best friend.

"-And then you just divide, and there's your answer~!" Taekwoon finished explaining with a warm smile tugging at his plush lips. Wonshik couldn't take his eyes off them.

"You're really smart, Taekwoonie," he smirked, admiring his best friend's beautiful lips. "Thank you for all of the help. You explain it way better than my teacher does," he laughed, getting an idea in his head. "I wish you were my teacher, actually... you'd look hot in a suit..."

"W-what?" Taekwoon stuttered, his cheeks turning bright red once again.

"Nothing..." Wonshik trailed off, shuffling a little closer to Taekwoon and taking his hand into his once again. Taekwoon noticed Wonshik staring at his lips, and couldn't help but stare back at his. An unfamiliar tension filled the air as the two sat in silence, staring at each other's lips for a moment as Wonshik slowly began to move closer and closer to Taekwoon, squeezing his hand gently as he did. Awkward and flustered, Taekwoon broke their silence, pulling away from what could have been their first kiss.

"So, you hungry?" he chuckled nervously.

"I... I guess..." Wonshik shrugged, a little bit dissapointed.

"I'll order some pizza!" Taekwoon shot up, scuttling out of the room awkwardly just to get a moment away from Wonshik so that he could breathe. He wasn't sure what just happened, but it made his heart feel like it was about to burst out of his chest.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

Realising how late it was getting, the boys changed into their pyjamas and headed to bed. 

"I-I could sleep on the floor if it makes you more comfortable," Taekwoon awkwardly offered, watching Wonshik climb into bed.

"No, let's share the bed-"

"I-I think I'll take the floor- a-ah! Wonshik, what are you doing?!" Taekwoon cried out as Wonshik grabbed his wrist and pulled him down onto the bed, so that he was lying on top of Wonshik. Once he realised the position he was in, his eyes turned wide and his chubby cheeks turned pink as he tried to move. Wonshik wouldn't let him, wrapping his arms around Taekwoon's waist and pulling him into a hug. Lying on top of Wonshik in a one sided hug, with Wonshik's hands around his waist made Taekwoon feel very weird, and as much as he wanted to move, his body wouldn't let him. In fact, his body betrayed him, as he found his arms wrapping around Wonshik's shoulders to hug him back. The two laid together for a while like that, and as silent as it was, it didn't feel awkward. It felt... right.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"I'm not tired yet. Could you put a movie on or something?"

"Sure. What kind of movie?"

"Let's watch something scary," Wonshik suggested with a smirk, imaginging Taekwoon to be the kind of person to easily scare. Much to his surprise, Taekwoon barely reacted, and instead, he was the one jumping and flinching at every scare. Wonshik wound up practically clinging to Taekwoon for safety, which the older boy wasn't complaining about at all. In fact, he rather liked Wonshik hugging him and holding onto his arm. Once the movie was over, and Wonshik had begged for the lights to be turned back on, the boys decided to talk for a little while.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"Ask me a question," Wonshik smirked. "Anything you want to know."

"Anything?"

"Anything."

"Alright," Taekwoon hesitated, looking down at his feet. "...Why did you have a black eye?"

"Oh."

"S-sorry," he preemptively apologised, not wanting to upset his best friend. "Y-you don't have to answer-"

"It was my dad," Wonshik admitted with a sigh, fiddling nervously with his earrings as he spoke. "....It... it was my dad..." he repeated. The truth was, his father was an alcoholic, and an angry one at that. He would always take his frustration out on his son, which meant that Wonshik would often wind up with a black eye or worse. He had always kept it a secret, but he trusted Taekwoon. He was the first person he had ever trusted. "...He hurts me, sometimes, when he's drunk. He punched me in the face, that's why I had a black eye."

"W-Wonshik, I'm so sorry, I..."

"No, it's okay," he smiled weakly. "You didn't know. No one knows, actually... you're the first person I've ever told..."

"H-he shouldn't do that to you, Wonshikkie," Taekwoon frowned, pulling his friend into a hug. "I'm so sorry you have to go through that..." he sighed, his friend's back to comfort him.

And just like that, Wonshik cried in front of someone else for the first time.