Chapter Eleven: My Confession!!

My Love Story!!

"It looks like a sheep," Taekwoon smiled, pointing out a particularly fluffy cloud to his boyfriend. Summer was drawing to a close, and the two had decided to go for a walk in the park. The boys wound up lying down in the grass, holding hands as they watched the clouds together.

"Hey, it kinda does," Wonshik grinned, finding Taekwoon's observation adorable. He looked over at Taekwoon, his smile making Wonshik's heart race. He sighed happily to himself. I love you, he thought. I need to find a way to tell him...

"Are you okay, Wonshikkie?"

"Hm?" Wonshik blinked, having spaced out a little. "Oh. Yeah, I'm good baby," he smiled, pushing himself up a little on his elbows to lean over and give Taekwoon a quick kiss on the cheek. He lay back down, watching the clouds pass by as he thought about how he could confess his deep feelings for Taekwoon.

"Have you thought about college at all?"

"College?" Wonshik gulped. He had been trying to avoid thinking about it - he wanted to go to college, but with his fairly poor grades, he didn't expect to make it. "I... I dunno."

"Are you worried about your grades?" Taekwoon sat up, looking down at Wonshik with a frown on his face. Wonshik smirked.

"You read my mind."

"Let's be study buddies," Taekwoon suggested. "We'll get your grades up in no time. Plus, it'll give us an excuse to spend more time together," he bit his lip shyly.

"Okay," Wonshik smiled.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

It was a Monday, and the music club was having a meeting about the upcoming talent show. 

"So, Wonshik, you've written a song?" Jaewhan asked, sitting down on top of one of the tables. He smiled as Wonshik nodded. "Great. Taekwoon, you got anything?"

"I wrote a song too, actually," Taekwoon mumbled shyly, much to everyone's surprise. Jaewhan gasped, jumping up excitedly.

"Are we finally gonna hear you sing?!" he exclaimed, taking Taekwoon's hands and excitedly waving them up and down. Taekwoon laughed, taking his hands back and placing them on his lap.

"No. I wanted you to sing it for me," he smiled. "I'll play piano, though."

"Aw..." Jaewhan frowned, a little dissapointed. He sat back down, throwing a wink Taekwoon's way. "Okay. Shall we get to work?"

The group dispersed, working on their individual presentations for the talent show as Taekwoon sat at the piano. Wonshik walked over to him, taking a seat next to him.

"I didn't know you'd written something," he raised an eyebrow out of curiosity. "What is it?"

"It's a secret," Taekwoon smirked.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

The night of the talent show had arrived, and as everyone was preparing backstage, Wonshik couldn't help but notice how nervous Taekwoon looked. He sat down next to him, putting an arm around his shoulder to comfort him.

"Hey. You okay, baby?"

"Just nervous," Taekwoon smiled weakly, his hands trembling. Wonshik noticed, taking them into his own and giving them a gentle squeeze. "T-thank you," he sighed dreamily. "Are you nervous?"

"Of course," Wonshik smirked. "But I'm going to do my best. Wanna know a secret?"

"O-okay."

"I wrote the song for you," Wonshik admitted, blushing faintly. Taekwoon gasped, making Wonshik laugh. "You're so cute."

"Y-You really wrote a song for me?" 

"Of course, baby. Listen to the lyrics closely, okay?"

"Wonshik?"

"Yeah?" 

"I-I wrote my song for you too!" Taekwoon blushed, biting his lip nervously. "P-pay attention!"

"Okay baby," Wonshik smiled. "Guess I'm up next~" he mumbled, noticing a member of the music club appear backstage after performing. He stood up, brushing down his shirt. "Do I look okay?"

"You look really handsome, Shikkie," Taekwoon smiled, pulling a cute 'fighting' pose. "I'll listen closely."

I love you, Wonshik smiled, nodding at Taekwoon and blowing him a kiss before making his way to the stage. 

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

As Wonshik took the stage, he took a deep breath. He quickly scanned the audience for Hakyeon and Hongbin, who were holding up hand made signs of support. He smirked to himself, finding Hakyeon's motherly efforts to be amusing. He bowed, composing himself.

"Hello. I'm Wonshik and I'll be performing a song I wrote for my boyfriend, called 'Lean on Me'," he announced before the music started. As he performed, he put in all of his heart and soul, wanting desperately to impress Taekwoon. 

Oh baby lean on me~
Oh lean on me~
Baby lean on me~
My heart is ready for you
Lean on me~
Oh lean on me~
Baby lean on me~
I’ll spread my arms wider for you

Taekwoon listened from backstage, getting emotional as he paid attention to the sweet lyrics his boyfriend had written for him. Once it was over, and Wonshik had come off stage, Taekwoon ran up to him, pulling him into a hug.

"Did you like it, baby?" Wonshik smiled, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend to reciprocate the hug.

"I loved it," Taekwoon grinned ear to ear, holding Wonshik close. "It was amazing, Wonshikkie, I-"

"We're up next," Jaewhan interrupted their embrace. 

"Oh, right," Taekwoon mumbled, a little annoyed at the interruption. "I'll be there in a sec." Jaewhan nodded in acknowledgement, singing to himself as he made his way to the stage. Taekwoon smiled as Wonshik straightened his tie for him, brushing a lock of his fringe from his face to plant a kiss on his forehead.

"Good luck, baby boy," Wonshik smirked.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"I'm Jaewhan, and this is Taekwoon!" Jaewhan announced confidently, gesturing towards the piano. Taekwoon bowed before sitting down at the piano, his hands trembling with nerves. As he spotted Hakyeon in the audience, he began to calm down a little, finding the sign he had made both embarrassing and encouraging. "We'll be peforming a song that Taekwoon has written, called 'Love Letter'!"

Wonshik's eyebrows raised curiously as he listened from backstage, a little taken aback by the title of the song. He wrote me a love letter? He smiled to himself as Taekwoon began to play, and Jaewhan began singing the lyrics his boyfriend had written for him. 

Saying I love you with words might not be enough,
But still I will confess to you today
I wanna be with you,
Always from a step behind you
Don’t forget there’s a person who will protect you

Wonshik gulped as hie eyes shot open. His cheeks turned pink as he took in the meaning behind the lyrics. It was Taekwoon's way of confessing he had fallen hopelessly in love with Wonshik, and Wonshik couldn't be happier. 

He loves me back!

 As the song went on, he began to cry tears of happiness, excited for it to be over so that he could finally tell Taekwoon he felt the same way.

 

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

As soon as Taekwoon appeared backstage, Wonshik ran up to him, pulling him into a hug and swinging him around with excitmenet.

"Wonshikkie-"

"I love you too," Wonshik grinned as he held his boyfriend close to his heart, his hair lovingly. Taekwoon's heart skipped a beat, overwhelmed with happiness to hear those special words come from Wonshik. Wonshik pulled away from their hug to plant a kiss on his boyfriend's plush lips.

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

Shortly after, the two had snuck away to the music room so that they could have some privacy. They had both performed, so they were no longer needed backstage until the curtain call. Wonshik lead Taekwoon over to a table where he sat down. He smirked as he brushed a lock of Taekwoon's hair behind his ear to get a better look at his face. 

"That song was really beautiful, baby boy," Wonshik grinned, interlocking his fingers with Taekwoon's and giving his hand a loving squeeze.

"Ah, r-really~?" Taekwoon blushed, looking up at his boyfriend innocently. "I'm glad you liked it... I... I really loved your song, too."

"How long had you been planning this?" Wonshik asked.

"A while now," he smiled shyly, blushing a little bit. "You know, I really... really love you, Wonshikkie" he admitted, fiddling with his earrings nervously. 

"I really love you too, Taekwoonie" Wonshik replied with a smile, looking his boyfriend in the eyes dreamily. He placed a hand on Taekwoon's chubby cheek, carressing it lovingly as he moved in for a kiss. As the boys kissed innocently, their hearts raced.

Their kiss didn't remain innocent for long, though, as Wonshik began to pin Taekwoon down on the table and climb on top of him. Their tongues danced together as Taekwoon removed Wonshik's jacket, his hands moving to removed his shirt as well. Unfortunately, they were interrupted once again by Jaewhan.

"Hey guys- Jeez, s-sorry!" he screeched, covering his eyes out of embarrassment. "Guys, curtain call-"

"S-sorry!" Taekwoon stumbled over his words, turning bright red as he gently pushed Wonshik off of him. Wonshik glanced over at the door to see Jaewhan standing there, and burst into laughter.

"Sorry," he apologised between giggles. "We'll be right there."

 

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

 

"I'm so proud of you Woonie!" Hakyeon exclaimed, pinching his little brother's cheeks. "You did so well," he praised him, turning to Wonshik. "You too, Shikkie~! You're quite the rapper, huh?"

"T-thanks, Hakyeon," Wonshik smiled, a little embarrassed. As Taekwoon swatted his big brother's hands away, he noticed Jaewhan pass by and had an idea.

"Hey, Jaewhan," he called out, following him. "Are you busy?"

"Hm? No, I was just gonna to go home- Why?" Jaewhan asked, tilting his head cutely.

"I... I wanted to thank you. You know. For helping me out," Taekwoon fiddled with his earrings awkwardly. "Do you... do you wanna come for pizza with us?"

"...R-really?" Jaewhan beamed, excited to be invited out. Taekwoon nodded with a smile on his face. "I'd love to~!"