20.0

I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey. It's me."Sehun said.

"Hi."Jisoo croaked out so softly that she was wondered whether Sehun heard her.

"Are you at home now?"Sehun asked.

"Yup."Jisoo replied, trying to sound upbeat."My dad made me my favourite bubble tea plus ginger cookies."

"Lucky you."Sehun said."All I can eat now is plain, tasteless food."

Jisoo managed a small smile at that.

"I'll personally make you your favourite mango bubble tea when you are better."Jisoo smiled.

"I'll hold you to that."Sehun said, a small smile playing on his lips.

Jisoo chuckled.

Silence passed before Jisoo spoke again.

"I told Jennie about us."Jisoo said quietly.

Sehun hummed in reply. He knew that Jisoo would tell him about it in her own way. He didn't need to ask any questions.

"She..She didn't take it well."Jisoo said."But we already knew that haha so why am I telling you this?"

Jisoo laughed bitterly at her own words as Sehun stayed quiet.

"I mean, her best friend is dating the guy she likes."Jisoo continued."She probably feels like her whole world is crumbling down now. I can't help her cos I'm the one that caused this!"

Jisoo chuckled coldly.

"I mean it's just hilarious!"Jisoo said."I hurt the person I don't want to hurt the most. She's probably, actually scratch that, definitely cursing me and wishing that I get hit by a bus somewhere-"

"Jisoo."Sehun cut in.

"Oh I'm fine."Jisoo dismissing his concern.

"Jisoo."Sehun repeated."You're not fine."

"I'm fine really."Jisoo said."I'm not the one who got stabbed in the back by her best friend. I'm not the one who-"

"Jisoo!"Sehun said, startling Jisoo on the other line."You are not fine."

Jisoo stopped talking.

"No."Jisoo said quietly."I'm not."

"I just lost my best friend."Jisoo said, as a lone tear slid down her cheek.

"But you know, people come and go right?"Jisoo continued trying to sound as if she doesn't care."Nobody can stay in your life forever. One of these days, they are bound to leave."

"Is that what you think of me?"Sehun asked. He did not buy Jisoo's attempt at pretending to be fine."Do you think that I am going to leave you?"

"I don't know what the future will be like!"Jisoo said, exasperated."Nothing is constant in my life. Scratch that, change is constant in my life. Everything keeps changing! From the moment I lost my eyesight, everything's not the same anymore. I lost my friends, had to learn Braille, transfer schools, learn the little things like walking, reading all over again!"

Jisoo stopped as she breathed in deeply.

"I can't think of the future."Jisoo said softly."I don't want to think of the future. I just want to live in the present.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter