Friends and First Love

Their Days
 
 

The conversation lasted through the morning for Chanyeol and Jennie as it was a train that sort of beginning an enthusing story. Jennie looked around in amidst, appreciating the exquisiteness of the park which she never realized by previously. Before this, she went to the said popular place, to do only the morning jogging, or wasting time when she got nothing to do after classes.

Before she met Chanyeol, most of the times she went there only spending time by herself. All at once, she felt the giant’s presence was something she began to cherish. Not to mention, she enjoyed spending moments with him by her side— least to remark, he was such an and bother in the first place.

“So, you’re not going anywhere, say for breakfast?” Jennie asked when the topics seem got narrower.

“Baek probably has attacking my phone with his messages and questions why I’m not joining others for breakfast…” Chanyeol hummed before he was shrugging. “But, hey… It’s not that I must come every morning for breakfast with my friends,”

“You’re with me right now… Am I not your friend?” Jennie threw a smile at him and suddenly he flinched.

“Uh… Of course, you’re also my friend.”

“Really? Are we friends now?”

Chanyeol hated his guts for becoming jittery as Jennie was teasing him with another grin. Her smile, or grin— or whatever she did by curving the edge of her lips— was breathtaking and it made his heart thumped thrice faster than it was normally. Hell, not the right time for The Great Park Chanyeol; a certified woman seducer, to become weak toward a certain individual.

“Yo!” The guy adjusted his deep voice as he attempted to appear, now, joshing her. “Are you expecting me to ask you out for breakfast?”

The girl countered. “Hello… Recall to the day when we first met,”

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow and Jennie didn’t know for sure why should she remembered— precisely— the first time they encountered back at the jazz bar. She rarely recollected many important occurrences in her life, then why must she do for this one?

“Um,” she hid the sudden twitch on her chest by speaking with a mocking tone. “I said your face is not proportional enough to pass my requirement and for sure, you’re not my type.”

“Excuse me,” he widened his-already-big-eyes and faked a hurt expression. “Why do I give a zero when you’re the one saying I’m not your type?”

Lying, Chanyeol was lying if he didn’t care when Jennie stated he really wasn’t her type.

Jennie playfully was light punching Chanyeol’s broad shoulder. “You are now comfortable enough to say the ‘f’ word to me.”

And so did he snickered. “Well, yeah… That’s a common expression I used when speaking to a friend of mine. Except I try to say it less in front of Bae and Baek, or else they’ll give me lot of speech about manners. Even now Kai is affected by his girlfriend. He used to say it a freakin’ lot before he moved in with Bae…”

Jennie giggled as she pictured Chanyeol, with his super tall and well-built frame, was staring at the floor while receiving scold from Suzy and Baekhyun. He was really something, despite his oftentimes messy look, and most of the times, Chanyeol did appear not too minding his surroundings. However, the way his face got brighter when he talked about his best friends, has secured him a place in Jennie’s heart by another level. Having Chanyeol specified earlier that she was now one of his friends, has caused Jennie felt like she was already in good hands.

“Okay, then… Chanyeol, my friend… Thanks for fulfilling my request to meet me here, but now, I gotta go and catch up with my lectures.” Jennie said as she stood up, tidying her outfit from the fallen oak leaves.

“Alright,” Chanyeol replied as he stared at Jennie who waved at him and turned around. “Jennie!” he called her then, once again.

Jennie merely looked at him who was flashing the signature, yet goofy, smile.

“What are you doing after today’s classes?”

“Huh?” she came back, “I don’t know, not anything been planned yet,“

“What about we hang out later?” He grinned. “You know, as friends.”

Watching Chanyeol’s smile so wide, Jennie meant to be mischievous, as she started enjoying to this one particular guy. “Well, why don’t you just text me then… And it’s not like you don’t have my phone number—“

“Hey! You called me first last night…” Chanyeol responded her fast as she was walking backwards and kept waving at him.

 

---

 

At the familiar apartment building, Baekhyun was spending his afternoon reading a novel. In such calm timing, as he has spared from his silly group of friends, in which he occasionally valued. Not so long after he was finished with the long aromatic bath and he had cleaned his apartment before, a flash of someone entering his main door abruptly has startled him. Thank God, the petite guy was done clothing himself at that point.

“Whoa, I forget you guys still have the key to enter this place…” Baekhyun hailed when the other soul started kneeling on the living space carpeting. “One minute late for you to come in and to see me .”

“Not that it’ll arouse me…” Suzy answered as removing the cushions on the center couch, which Baekhyun sneered.

“Yah, it’s your fault to pick my ex-roommate and we never done any stuff beforehand…”

“Thanks, Baek… I feel flattered for your offer.”

Suzy continued doing whatever she was intending and Baekhyun did approach her after throwing his towel to the laundry basket. The older scrutinized what the effort of the miss, afore he inquired.

“Need any assistance?” Although he said while turning on the TV set.

“I kinda lost my engagement ring…” She replied when bearing to see under the couch.

“What make you think you can find it here?”

“I was asleep yesterday at this couch and when I woke up, I rushed to go out since I was late for the theater.” Suzy said, glares sort of impending to him. “I realized this morning when doing the dishes that it wasn’t enclosed to my finger… I did try finding it everywhere in my place, but turn out it was none… So, have you got any will to help me, then?”

“Alright.” Baekhyun began also hunching on the floor. In seconds, he shot his head again to look at the girl. “Maybe it was at your bedroom—“

“I said I did try searching for it, all over my place and I got zero as result.”

The older knitted his brows for such stern answer he got. “Chill, young lady… I’m just asking.”

“Baek, your best friend can be so mad at me because of this…” Suzy pleaded. “So, please… Just help without any more asking, will you?”

The outspoken guy scoffed. “As far as I concern, Kai would already attempt a suicide before he could be mad at you.”

“Ha ha… You’re funny, Baek.” Suzy responded while being sarcastic. “Now, bend over and get it under the coffee table.”

“Ma’am, yes ma’am!” Baekhyun gave her a pretend salutation.

 

“Where else should I try to find it?”

Suzy sighed for the nth time when Baekhyun poured boiling water to the teapot. They intended to take a break after an hour searching for her ring. It was when a sound of knocking appeared in his main door, prompting wrinkles formed on Baekhyun’s forehead.

“Since when did people skip the part as I should buzz them in…?” He nagged as well as still walking to open it.

There was this miss, probably as tall as Suzy— Baekhyun knew it since he has memorized his best friend height for hanging out with her for years— which was not much different than his. The girl looked beautiful with a bit chubby cheeks, which Suzy also did have before she lost some weight recently.

“Hello, how may I help you?” Baekhyun mused to the girl with shoulder-length hair in front of him.

She was attired in neat clothes of medium-dress beneath a caramel-colored cardigan and ankle heels. That was where she and Suzy had the clear difference, whereas he used to see the best-girl-friend clad in merely house-clothing. Hold on, why should he keep thinking about Suzy when he saw this person? They were somehow giving him the same vibe, even though they didn’t look much alike. Really, he should stop comparing every miss he encountered with Suzy.

“Hi, is this where Park Chanyeol live?”

Baekhyun paused after catching the question. The giant buddy was sure had lots of history with the ladies. Nevertheless, he couldn’t stand it when they started coming to his place looking for that dumb Park-freakin-Chanyeol.

“No, sorry…” He politely answered, speaking in his mother language, as she was applying the same. “How did you know about this place?”

She showed him some pictures from Instagram where Chanyeol tagged his apartment with a title he guessed made up by himself. Oh God, he should stop having them spending time too much in this place. Otherwise, it would be a bedlam as these girls assumed where such s— say Chanyeol and Sehun, who loved to take turns on them— were living. He didn’t even know his place has a validated address in Google maps.

Baekhyun couldn’t be that unsympathetic, especially when it comes to the opposite , even though he did know nothing about this girl. Which she could be a psychopath, or maybe some kind that even worse.

After seconds of wandering his notions, he has then probed her further. “I can help you calling Chanyeol and tell him to meet you here… May I know your name?”

She smiled pleasantly at him and offered to shake her hand. “My name is Seohyun.”

 

Chanyeol was lying on top of his bed after finishing his only drum tutor of the day. He scrolled over his iPhone, looking through the Instagram timeline when a call from his best pal paused the action.

“Hello,”

Yeol,”

“Yeah, Baek… What’s up?” He stood up and went to the bathroom while still talking over the phone.

There’s someone looking for you who came to my apartment.”

“Is that a girl? Is she pretty?”

He replied the buddy with his typical comment, which from the other line he could hear Baekhyun’s scoff.

She is a girl and pretty will be based of each person’s preference.

“Well, how did she know me?”

She said she haven’t met you for a long time and I think, she came directly from Seoul.

“Baek, you’ve been friends with me for more than five years… Is she one of my ex that probably, you know?”

There was a long exhale from the petite one, in advance of; “Goddamn it, Park ing Chanyeol! Just come here and meet your guest!

“Chill, man… I’m just trying to joke on you and guess who’s having a period?” The giant was in a good mood apparently.

Baekhyun didn’t give any response afore he recommenced. “Yeol, it’s Seohyun… So, does her name ring you a bell?

He didn’t recall much when and where he mentioned the person to Baekhyun, as if the best buddy knew what struggle he was about to face.

Chanyeol stopped his prior will to wash up as he put on his jacket in hurry. “Tell her to wait and I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” He spoke to Baekhyun then before he hung up.

 

---

 

Park Chanyeol was a man, with probably the highest level of pride, people will ever know in their lifetime. He was raised in practically, impeccable household, which made him grow as a happy-go-lucky kind of person. Chanyeol was the youngest of two siblings. He had an older sister, Yura, who was two years older than him. Already blessed with superb family genes, Chanyeol was so proud of his almost perfect features, as it likewise made him got high demanded since hitting the puberty. That was why, Chanyeol never knew a meaning behind rejection until he faced the real one when he was around fourteen.

Back to a couple years before the rejection incident, an elementary schooler Chanyeol did have some problem with his grades. Particularly math, as Yura tried to give him lectures which in the end, she gave up because mostly the younger brother wouldn’t take her seriously.

Yura has a best friend, named Seohyun. Whom Chanyeol got acquainted with her when he was twelve, just as his sister started enrolling the middle school. At the beginning of his sixth year, Chanyeol was told that he would not pass the finals because he was so lacking in few subjects— of course, the tall boy cared only to music since he was five— in addition, it was included the math he had so much hated.

Seohyun was a brilliant girl, who even skipped a year of school and that’s the reason why she could be in the same year as Yura. Her favorite subject was math and then, Yura spoke to her in regard of her obstinate-and-little-dense-brother. It was the first week of his sixth year, as he began getting tutor from Seohyun while she was paid merely by ice cream from Yura. For the reason, she had done her best of tutoring at the end of the semester.

To keep it simple, Chanyeol developed feelings for Seohyun and it earned her title of becoming his first love— although this wasn’t as long as Sehun and Suzy’s correlation, where the guy kept his feelings for more than decade until he could man up and tell her. Albeit, they knew each other since they were still wearing diapers.

It was the day— Chanyeol would never forget— when he confessed to her and she directly rejected him. Seohyun said she already think of him as her own little brother.

The first rejection was the hardest for this handsome young man. Perhaps, it was what made him never consider of having a serious relationship. Up till the moment he had fallen for the second time and his feeling wasn’t accepted. Then again, he was a grown-up man and already he chose to stay as her best friend.

Revert in the past when he got rejected by Seohyun, he did not talk to her until it was the time for him going to another high school. In which he had chosen a different place than her and his sister, in advance of generated the plan to advance his study abroad. Whereas Chanyeol enrolled to the current place and well ahead met his, now-best group of friends.

 

---

 

Chanyeol came in Baekhyun’s apartment to observe the petite pal was at the dining table with Kai and Suzy. He glimpsed around not finding the person he intended to find in the place, as he was taking a seat at one of the vacant chairs.

“What’s going on here?” He started saying something to the three individuals who seemed tense.

Baekhyun sighed as he responded. “Sooj lost her engagement ring and I think Kai is about to blow his up right now…”

Chanyeol thought it must be so serious that Baekhyun was able to curse. He looked considerately for the young lady who couldn’t eye her fiancé well at that time. In seconds, he saw Kai was putting his one fist on the table and it appeared Suzy was biting her bottom lip.

“Babe, I kept this under the cushion yesterday, I saw it before going back to our loft…” Kai showed his opened fist and it caused Suzy shrunk on her spot. He resumed, “Next time, I’ll save some money to buy you another if you start losing it again.”

Kai put the ring on Suzy’s finger, as Chanyeol was proud of how the younger faced the problem so calmly and he felt like Kai has totally grown up. Baekhyun, on the other hand, scoffed while seeing the couple was being lovey-dovey once more.

“ you, Kai… I already prepared the other room, just in case, you broke up and want to move back in here.” The eldest was as worried as Suzy since he recognized Kai’s stern face when arriving earlier.

Chanyeol’s husky laugh cracked by way of Baekhyun coveting to be the couple of their group. At jiff, he came up with what it seemed to be a great idea— probably, just for him.

“Baek, I don’t think Kai will ever move in again with you… So, why don’t you offer someone else to be your roommate? Say, myself?”

Baekhyun taunted as hearing the giant offered himself. “You’re the messiest person out of every one ever to live with… You’re the least person I need to be.”

The tallest in the room reacted fast to the sarcasm. “Hey, at least, I am nice enough to accompany you because I know how much you hate to live by yourself.”

Their joking toward each other’s session didn’t last longer as the guest Baekhyun mentioned earlier has returned from freshened up at the restroom.

Seohyun approached the dining room and her expression brightened as someone she was expecting was already there. “Hi!” she greeted Chanyeol and squeezed him right away, once he stood up from the seat.

Chanyeol was a bit in awkward position, for the reason it had been so long since the last time they met. Although there was nothing much changed from the older woman.

He cleared his throat when he released Seohyun from his hold. “So, noona, you know everyone in this room?”

“Yes. I’ve been here almost half an hour and I know, Suzy is engaged to Kai, because Baekhyun told me before you came.” She pointed to the three persons who were currently watching them. “Oh, did you find the ring?”

Suzy showed her ring finger as she beamed at Seohyun. Chanyeol supposed she really was here long enough to know the previous matter his best friends were dealing to.

Chanyeol pulled Seohyun’s sleeve as he asked her. “Come on… Let’s go out and I’ll buy you ice cream.”

He knew exactly Seohyun only aged by numbers of the adding years, as she still fancied the cold delight, because it was her favorite ever since they were kids.

 

By any chance, Chanyeol tried to forget everything as he used to coo internally, every time Seohyun’s face turned super excited when entering an ice cream shop. He had chosen the mild choice of one scoop vanilla flavored, which totally contrasting her mix of raspberry and chocolate chip cookie dough.

Why would she show up now right in front of me? He asked himself how to say it directly, but, Seohyun began their conversation by catching up what did they miss for the recent years.

“I’m getting married next month.” Seohyun announced after finishing her last scoop. She eyed the younger in front of her, quietly and probably wishing to get any reaction.

In which Chanyeol merely revealed his interest as the predictable countenance from her.

“Who’s the lucky guy?” He answered flat as leaning to the back rest.

“You know Minho—“

Of course. How did Chanyeol forget the man she started dating since the first year of high school? It was happened right after she turned him down. Well, let’s skip the part that Seohyun had a crush for the guy from day one she began going to the place with Yura. He overheard their conversation for often they locked the access for him of entering the big sister’s bedroom.

“High school sweethearts that finally will be getting married.” Chanyeol chuckled as he leaned to support his chin on the surface. His big orbs were steadily locking at hers. “How do you want me to celebrate with you, future Mrs. Choi?”

Seohyun might found his respond was ironic. “Chanyeol, that’s not why I came here…” She exhaled, maybe was frustrated. She put her palm to cover her lips, before she disclosed it to give reasons. “It started about a couple months after I began preparing all the stuff for the wedding—“

Chanyeol’s chest was suffocating for no reason as he caught her countenance turned depressed, not to mention, he tried to not minding the vibrating phone inside his pocket. This matter now seemed more important than anyone who was trying to reach him via the call.

Seohyun then carried on. “What if I made a huge mistake by choosing him over you?”

The younger let out a sigh as he ruffled his hair by releasing the cap that covered it. He looked again at her, in advance of providing a remark. “You’ve been together for more than twelve years… So, why did you come up with this silly idea of yours?”

She attempted to reach his spared fingers on the surface. Nonetheless, he pulled away straight as he recommenced. “Sorry, I don’t need to deal with anything, especially to someone else’s soon-to-be-wife…”

Chanyeol stormed out from the tiny space as he didn’t want to turn around even though Seohyun called his name twice as he exited. Later, his phone has rang again and he picked it up without noticing the caller ID. In his mind, the only person able to call him, more than once in such period was probably none other than Baekhyun.

“What?” He yelled as he paused his steps once he reached the pavement.

Oh, hi… Chanyeol, it’s me.

Chanyeol cussed inwardly as he couldn’t notice his brain has scattered on the street, since he realized who was calling.

“.” Chanyeol swore he would hit his head to the nearest wall if he could. “Oh my god, Jennie…”

Yeah, it’s me… I was wondering if your offer to hang out is still available… But, never mind, I guess I call you not in the right time—

“No, no!” Chanyeol flapped his palm in front of his own nose. The breeze that caused it got reddened was nothing compared to his guilt of yelling at Jennie. “I thought you were Baek…”

He could perceive Jennie’s giggle which made him a bit reassured.

Speaking of Baek, I was having late lunch with Rose near his place, but then she needs to go somewhere else for her stupid vocal group… Do you mind if I go there and then to meet you?

Chanyeol has quickly nodded though he knew she couldn’t see his action. “Yes, I’ll be there in less than ten minutes. Just wait for me,”

Though he was able to end the call happily with Jennie, Chanyeol then couldn’t stop staring at the sight of distressed looking Seohyun, playing with her empty ice cream cup through the huge glass window.

 


 

A/N: Imagine these two face-timing each other, like...

 

These two r too cute, and my heart is weak 3

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS 주세요!!!