The Great Wall of Hers

Their Days
 
 

Around fifteen minutes later, Chanyeol and Jennie were occupied with their own phone in separate spots. The girl settled near the kitchen counter while the guy was still on the couch. There was a moment of silence and could be decipher beyond their awareness. In some way, had causing both contented simply by each other’s presence. Her sense of caring started growing while the once hard-hitting Chanyeol turned docile by now.

In fact, Chanyeol wanted to call Sehun to say he would be taking off in no time that he didn’t need to bring him anything. But then, he couldn’t leave her alone with the thought of his best friend will be coming.

Why? Why this should be happening to me?

“Hey,” her gentle voice has snapped him out of the thoughts once again.

Chanyeol glanced only at Jennie for her to begin with. His grin initiated to appear as she replied with the same intention.

“You want to see something?” Jennie smiled pleasingly and she looked a bit excited when asking him to follow her steps.

Perhaps it was the first time in Chanyeol’s life that he felt wronged to trail a girl into her bedroom while they were alone.

“Tada…” Jennie expanded her arms from the oversized sleeves that made her look even more like a child.

Chanyeol has mesmerized by her pureness, until seconds he realized that he should be focusing to the wall at front. In which filled with hundreds of guitar players’ sketch that she made on papers, or napkins like she did once in a bar. That time when they first encountered.

“Wow…” Chanyeol had surely amazed by what he seen on Jennie’s wall.

It even packed up till the upper side and she explained sometimes Rosé had to help her climb a ladder— they borrowed from the building superintendent— to put the drawing there. Chanyeol found himself laughing to the simple things she told him at the moment.

“Why?” Jennie had eventually questioned him.

Chanyeol shook his head. “Nothing,” and kept perusing the sketch one by one. “Fine, you win…”

She raised an eyebrow. “Win? Of what?’

“I was wrong by accusing you only drew me.”

Jennie giggled and playfully pointed at him. “Told you.”

Clearly, both of them remembered what they were arguing back at the jazz bar.

“So, when will you return my drawing?”

“Huh?” Chanyeol got distracted from the wall and glimpsed at her. “What are you talking about?”

“Whatever,” she exhaled a little. “As long as you didn’t throw it away… Or if you plan to, please give it back to me.”

Chanyeol hummed as they were back flicked through the wide surface. Too bad he couldn’t hand her yet, what had he been taking with inside his jacket, almost every time that he went everywhere. And he didn’t plan to return it to her soon, let alone, getting rid of it.

“So, why people and guitar?” He asked her next.

“Well,” it took Jennie a good minute before she was sure that she’d tell it to him. “I started to have this weird habit ever since an accident occurred three years ago…”

Chanyeol grasped her view to the floor, as he sensed her distress when suddenly speaking of that. “You don’t need to continue if it’s making you uncomfortable…”

“It’s okay…” She bit her lower lip. “Especially when Rose is not here, then I can talk about it to other people.”

“Rose seems to care a lot about you.”

“She does and she prevent as much as she could, so that I didn’t try to recall it.”

He carried on. “What happened?”

Jennie sat at the edge of her bed. “It was a hit and run… Near the park and our campus. I was in coma for twenty days, as I opened my eyes at the twenty first and there was something, I mean, someone that I totally forgotten…”

“Who is that someone?” Chanyeol slipped at the query.

“Someone that I liked…” Jennie blurted and it was concise. “Or, maybe, he was somebody that I loved.”

Chanyeol leaned to the blank wall as they continued with hush. Jennie dangled her feet as it almost touched the floor from the mattress. Then, he began again.

“He has a name?”

She nodded. “Of course he has. But I don’t remember it, seriously… Rose is the one who knew and she mentioned a few times, referring him with , or jerk… As far as I can think of,”

The guy felt a sudden heat rising up till his nerves. It was such a questionable fury, he hadn’t know where it was coming and why he felt that when knowing her misery.

“He is an .” Chanyeol spoke in low tone.

He is, because he dared leaving you within this entire despair.

“Maybe, it was God’s way to tell that he was bad for me…” Jennie’s beam was visible at him. “However, I remembered when Rose threw away all my drawings of him, all of it when he was playing a guitar—”

“You couldn’t remember his face? At all?”

“It was all his back…” She answered. “I drew when looking at him from the back.”

Chanyeol started furrowing his brows at her.

“Rose said it began from my obsession—“

“Are you sure talking about a real person?”

Jennie’s face was on the verge of crying— or, nagging— Chanyeol was sure of and he found it so cute. By way of he was cracking then, she crossed her arms, beholding at him.

“This is why Rose told me not to tell anybody…” she sulked and her round face had it puffed the cheeks.

Oh my God, she’s too cute I feel like my chest is going to burst. It was true Chanyeol felt his heartbeat started to be uneven. Blamed it to Jennie that his heart seemed to be weakened.

“The good thing now, you can draw people by seeing them upfront.” He tried to overcome his own giddy feeling by being calm. “Whatever it is, it’s good that what’s bad for you is out from your life ever since.”

“You do have a point right there,” Jennie got up from the bed. “Don’t you tell anyone what I just told you before…”

Chanyeol made a cross sign on his left upper limb as he got closer to Jennie, once more staring to the wall full of sketches.

“So, do you have a name for this?”

Jennie supported her chin with one palm. “You mean, this wall?”

Chanyeol lifted his finger. “We can call it The Great Wall of Jennie’s… Sketches?”

“Hmm, that doesn’t feel right…” She shook her head. “Besides, it doesn’t have a picture of mine and it’s weird to name it with my name, you know…”

Jennie noted Chanyeol took a pen and a paper from her desk. Wherein five minutes he came back, to put the drawing he made right at the center of the wide surface. It seemed like a girl with long hair playing the instrument, scribbled in such imprecise— and kiddy— form.

“Now, it has a Jennie on it.”

She cracked up as the one he produced surely looked like it created by a kindergartener.

“Hey, I can draw pretty well if you give me more time.” Chanyeol retorted.

Jennie had her time to adjust and finally agreed with Chanyeol’s idea since it didn’t sound bad, in fact. “Well, we can stick with The Great Wall of Jennie’s for this time being,”

 

“Jen, I’m home!”

Rosé entered the apartment along with other person she met on the way to the place. Observing the roommate was nowhere to be found in the living space, Rosé strutted in direction of her bedroom after putting their coat to the hanger.

“Look who’s coming, too!” Rosé sneaked to the half-opened door and finding Jennie stood next to the tall guy, viewing the sketches.

Sehun did the same subsequent to the girl. “Park Chanyeol, have you been sobered yet?” He picked on his best friend as sending a chic hi to the one beside him.

“Hi,” Jennie replied him, by addition of asking to come in. “I just showed Chanyeol this wall full of my drawings…”

Chanyeol had gotten the feel of Jennie been excited whenever showing her pieces to everyone. He could see that she loved those drawings to a great extent. However, what she did when asking him was different compared to Sehun. She even tugged one of her hands to reach the younger, whereas she kept a distance when there were two of them alone.

it, should I give up this easily?

Chanyeol lost all his will to be next to Jennie as Sehun was already there. He exited the room, followed by Rosé to the dining table. It seemed Rosé knew something that’s why she left the two alone and not bother to stay there longer. Chanyeol noticed the foods placed on the wooden surface, which particularly brought by Sehun and Rosé.

“Sorry, I bought this only for me and Jennie, but we can share…” Rosé said as she took out a few of Chinese take-outs, to then proceed taking more containers from the other bag. “Anyway, Sehun bought these for both of you,”

Chanyeol had mentally slapped himself because Sehun had always been good to him that he wouldn’t dare to take away what’s now became his happiness.

“I guess this one with spicy and super-hot broth meant to be your hungover food…”

Rosé talked as she suggested to Chanyeol, he tittered in response of it.

“Thanks for the reminder, Rose…” He assisted her to organize the table. “And thanks for not kicking me out last night.”

Rosé had simply grinned. “Not a big deal, my friend.”

Her outgoing personality— from the time when she was intended as his date— had causing Chanyeol eased as he’d be going crazy if he was there only with Sehun and Jennie.

“Wow, I never thought I would have this many of ladies’ friends…”

She had once more chuckled at his blunt statement. “Anyone who’s been favored by Jennie then they’ll be welcomed as my friends.”

Chanyeol had abruptly seek for the glass he previously used to drink water. “I’m sorry, what?” He continued to question her after finishing it in one gulp.

“Jennie wouldn’t invite someone by herself if she didn’t find it comfortable to be with them,” Rosé resumed after taking a seat across him. “Or maybe, because you are Sehun’s best friend that she feels like she needs to get to know you as well.”

The next thing sought by Chanyeol was an eating knife, as he attempted to not stabbing himself with it afterwards. Sehun and Jennie joined them on the table in not so later.

 

Sehun caught Chanyeol not being as sociable as he used to, ever since they spent the brief lunchtime at Jennie and Rosé’s place. He had known the older for years and there must be something bugging him that he wasn’t his true self back there.

“You okay, Yeol?” Sehun asked his best friend once they were passing the building main gate.

Chanyeol shoved his hands to the black jacket as he glanced at Sehun, realizing there was true concern displayed within his icy orbs. “I’m okay, Sehun-ah…” He curved a bit of his edge as he tapped the younger’s shoulder. “I guess we’ll see each other later at Baek’s…”

Sehun barely waved at the taller when he turned around, rushing to head a different direction other than his. He told himself probably what he’s bearing wasn’t right.

 


 

On Saturday, the gang of friends went altogether to see Suzy’s performance. It was around six at the pm when Baekhyun and Kai was already in front of the theater building as Chanyeol arrived in five minutes after their coming. At the third week of January, the wind was still breezing as it blew some of the flowers on Kai’s hold, muddling it on Chanyeol’s way to approach them in between quite of crowd.

“What’s with such huge bouquet, man?” The giant asked the tanned pal as he was taking off the petals stuck to his overcoat.

“It’s the first time I came as her fiancé… Oh God, this is so exciting!” answered Kai before throwing his head onto the petite shoulder he was next to.

Baekhyun snorted, “You should try walking here with him and listening to the talks all the way up to this place.”

Chanyeol let out his husky snicker. “Thank God, I don’t live as his neighbor.” He scanned the surroundings, afore looking to his watch, then. “Where’s Sehunnie?”

“Sehunnie said he will be arriving in five minutes,” Baekhyun did the same as examining his iPhone. “Hopefully his flower bouquet will not be as much as yours, Kai.”

The outspoken one spoke to the guy who was leaning at him. “No way, I had this specially customized for today.” Kai shot his head up. “What did you guys bring?”

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol took out the chocolate bar that they knew was Suzy’s favorite. The four of them usually was dividing stuff to bring— simply just flowers and sweets— every time they went to Suzy’s play. It’d be given to the only girl of their group after she was wrapping up the performance. Once Baekhyun had brought Suzy a handmade scarf and then he had to withstand the nags from the rest of three.

Kai perceived Sehun’s arrival as he stirringly waved to the palest buddy. Baekhyun soon noticed it, as his attention drew at the giant next and he was also discerning his sudden change of countenance. Sehun was turning up there with Jennie, they both looked happy as twinning their arms steadily. Sehun came surely with a nice bouquet in a hand, but Chanyeol was drown to the other beautiful one of his right grip. In which none of them had seen this coming.

“Listening to Kai’s blabber sounds ten times better now, huh?”

Baekhyun mumbled as Chanyeol heaved him to keep it down at that point.

 

Their arrangement resulting at the play, Chanyeol couldn’t get his concentration off the girl who sat in between Sehun and Baekhyun. The petite pal assumed he wanted to be next to Jennie, but Chanyeol threatened him to stop teasing and he was placed beside Kai instead of the girl.

Moreover, Chanyeol kept eyeing as the youngest guy has been chummy with her. Likewise, before they came in the hall, both of them argued at the snack counter fondly like a newfound couple.

In the middle of the guy sinking by his own thoughts, Jennie extended her arm passing Baekhyun, to offer Chanyeol the bucket of popcorn. He merely sneered as he said no to her then, finding Kai at the other side was munching his own candy bars. Chanyeol had really wanted to focus on the play, where he recognized Suzy’s character was in disguise as a man.

Oh, how he wished he could be in disguise at that time as well.

 

The whole two hours of Chanyeol’s gloom must be continued as Jennie agreed to tag along for the group reserved spot at one of their favorite places, a famous Italian restaurant downtown.

“Sorry, there won’t be two of us again tonight…” Sehun whispered to his date as he moved the chair to let her sit on it.

Jennie smiled afore thanking him when she was being seated. “It’s okay… Your friends are cool and I like them.”

Well ahead, the waiter came mentioning the specials and each of them was commencing to read the menu.

“I’m going to order the lasagna,” Jennie hummed as still perusing the board in front.

Sehun peeped at the course of the girl, “It’s a huge portion… You sure can have it by yourself? ‘Cause I’m in the mood for gnocchi right now…”

The other persons on the table were taking notice at them. Baekhyun was the first to jump in the discussion.

“It’s alright, Jennie…” he directed to the tallest buddy beside. “Chanyeol will help you finish it, he usually order the lasagna for his second course before the tiramisu.”

Baekhyun had once again threw Chanyeol such teasing smirk. Most likely, Suzy was the only one in place that realized he was bothered by it. She has calculated and widened her legs forty five degrees under the table, to aim it at the petite one’s foot.

“Ow!”

Suzy was startled as the guy next to her turned out was getting the prearranged strike.

“Babe! Why did you kick me?” Kai rubbed his own shin as he was groaning in pain.

“Oh my God… Honey, I’m so sorry!” Suzy has comforted her man. “I think I’m a bit tired and I have a cramp…”

Baekhyun creased up as he saw Suzy stuck a tongue at him. The rest have also joined him to laugh at the engaged couple. Thank God, it has been an icebreaker to start their night well along.

 

Their dinnertime mostly filled with Baekhyun’s endless jokes that sometimes merged with Suzy or Sehun’s cynical and frank, yet witty comments. Those two were probably Jennie’s type of people, because she was like that herself; a bit savage, but actually amusing to get through with. Kai and Chanyeol would chimed in with their uncanny stories that most of it could be understood by the others. Overall, Jennie really enjoyed hanging out with these people.

By the time their get-together must be ended, Chanyeol needed to restrain himself as he saw Jennie was parting with them and taking off with Sehun. Had he ever gotten the chance to hold her hand like Sehun did, he was sure he would never let go of it.

 

Sehun and Jennie strolled hand-in-hand as the night kept ongoing. They could take a cab to lessen the walking time, nonetheless, they probably wished to keep it much longer. Jennie didn’t realize the guy had taken her around another block, which at the end seized them in front of his apartment instead of hers.

“If you wish to know,” he directed to the building with its infamous canopy above the main entrance. “This is where I live.”

Jennie grasped his tongue-out before glancing over the high-rise building. “Wow, you live in such fancy—“

Sehun was hesitating as he ultimately made up his mind; planting a kiss on Jennie’s lips. He could feel that she has stiffened and she didn’t kiss him back. Even though her eyes have wide opened at first, however, it began slowly closed as she felt Sehun’s cold hands shifted to her nape and one other to the cheek.

“I hope you don’t mind with this,” Sehun laced his words amidst their pacing of breath.

It was Jennie who leaned in to reach his lips once more. At the moment, Sehun knew Jennie had no problem having his lips on hers. It seemed like she couldn’t get enough of the sweet sensation that caused her been wanting it more.

Sehun slipped his hand right under Jennie’s suede jacket that it started to make him feel hotter. “Do you want to come up?” He broke their second long kiss with the sentence.

In that dim of nightfall, Jennie could spot Sehun’s pale face had become crimson. “Uh, can I just go home tonight?” she curved a smile that he wished to get from her in such a long time.

“Whenever you want to go then, princess…” Sehun responded as offering Jennie to twine her arm at his.

 


 

Jennie woke up with muddled feelings in the next morning. She looked to her cell, as the digital clock displayed it was barely passing seven. Her hands then reached again for the sheet. However, by following ten minutes it was the urge to go to the bathroom that caused her leaving her bed. She ended up going to jog in direction of what she has been familiar and visited at the other night.

It took Jennie twenty-five minutes to reach the high-rise building, as she was doubting to take her phone out of her pocket and to give a call to someone who lived there. Five minutes have passed and she was about to retreat, as her eyes fell to a person whom she was, actually, expecting to see crossways the street.

Sehun was exiting the entrance in his sleeping robe, along with a tall, blonde woman that seemed he fetched from a hip party of a nightclub before. Jennie still thought that he was heading for home straight after dropping her back to her apartment last night.

Not so long, prior she caught them— had literally— making out right in front of her sight.

Sehun even grabbed the young lady’s rear, in advance of he sent her departing with a cab. Far ahead, he discovered who was witnessing it across the road.

Oh, .”

Sehun cussed under his breath before he chased Jennie and he sprinted across the way— without thinking. Not even minding a few cars that needed to brake suddenly— even people yelling at him— because of his crossing.

Jennie felt her head was heavy when she turned around and Sehun was already succeeding to grab her hand.

“Hey,” his breathing pace was unsteady as she didn’t wish to look at him. “Wait, where are you going?”

A bitter smile plastered on Jennie’s lips. “I guess I wasn’t supposed to come this early.”

“Come on,” Sehun spoke slowly. His consequence to avert Jennie’s view and locking to the shaky orbs. “I never thought that you want us to be exclusive, Jennie.”

 

Just in time when Sehun almost broke the code, the one which Jennie created for every outsider who came to her life.
 
 

 

A/N: 

I can see so far who'd you guys would tend to favor... But, it's just the beginning please don't make up your mind too fast :p

 

 

 

 

 

Please send lots of love to this story <3<3