Park and Guitar

Their Days
 
 

Jennie couldn’t perceive the vehicles’ blaring; its noise of making their way on the road in quite busy a.m. What is more, the sound of birds chirping which usually described a perfect Sunday morning. Just the same as she couldn’t get what Sehun was trying to explain. Or else, it was merely because she didn’t want to. She has hinted to cover her ears, even if he tried to speak whatever he could to have her listened to him.

“Jennie, please listen to me…” Sehun nearly pled and it showed by his countenance. Although, it was still icy as usual, hitherto he couldn’t secrete the concern. He could feel her hands have clenched into a fist. By the time he attempted again to reach her, she shielded it with the sweatshirt sleeves.

“Please let me go… People are watching.” She eyed him with such unyielding stare.

Sehun swore he could see the void getting worse, even more than what Jennie used to give other people she just encountered. The cold wind in the morning hasn’t been able to pierce through his bones. As the aloofness of her gaze could make him gotten how much she loathed this moment.

He tried to ignore first her significant remark. “I don’t care about other people. I care about you that I don’t want you to leave me right now.”

“I don’t think this worth it.” Jennie spoke in such low tone that he almost hadn’t catch it.

Sehun was clearly not a senseless person. He knew exactly, he would regret what he must succumbed to this point. She broke to stride as he was eventually then letting loose the grip.

 

Jennie marched by herself as she was holding the tears that would stream down her cheeks in next to no time. It began to suffocate her chest, because she started to be fond of Sehun less than a little while. She told herself not to surrender of whatever that didn’t worth, as then she looked up to the sky.

How many times would You let me run into another jerk?

 

---

 

Chanyeol was the second last to arrive at Suzy’s loft that day. Baekhyun and Kai were already settling at the dining table with their own breakfast choice, as Suzy was still cooking herself a nice sunny side up.

“Oppa, do you want me to make an extra?” The only girl at the place asked the giant who was just hanging his jacket at the back of the chair.

“That would be great.” Answered him as taking a seat. “Thanks, Bae.”

“Hey, guys… Since y’all here, then check this out,” Baekhyun began while finishing one toast that he nibbled.

It had Chanyeol was raising an eyebrow. “What do you mean we all here? Sehunnie’s not coming yet…”

“Perhaps he’s still at the girl’s place,” Kai chimed in. “What’s her name?”

“Jennie.” Baekhyun responded fast before throwing his hands up in the air. As Chanyeol was cynically eyeing him and later mouthing ‘shut the up’.

It caused a minute of silence between them and Suzy later seated next to her boyfriend, breaking the hush to begin again. “What do you want us to check on, Baek?”

She put the plate in front of Chanyeol, noticing the giant was still watching Baekhyun. Somehow, it had scaring the petite pal.

“Um,” Baekhyun cleared his throat. “I got asked by my friends at school, like, what do I describe you guys ‘cause everyone seems to know that we are all so close…”

“Is it the time that we are going to impress by you, or you just want to mess with us?” Chanyeol’s leer was striking.

Yah,” Baekhyun retorted. “Can’t you just ask me nicely what did I say to them?”

“Alright, go on…”

Baekhyun put his small hand on the chest, frontage showed tad hope that they would be dazzled by his answer.

“I said you guys are like my babies.”

The eldest clasped his palms as the three had merely looking at each other.

“Uh,” Kai stopped digging in his waffle. ”Thanks, I guess?” He gazed at Chanyeol, sort of seeking for help.

Suzy then replied with a genuine smile. “I think it’s kind of sweet.”

Resulting herself a quick embrace from Baekhyun, as the eldest stuck his tongue to the other guys.

“What?” He recommenced. “What’s your answer if you were me?”

Kai raised his hand. “I’m going to start with the love of my life…”

He flashed to the young lady, wherein he received a disgust look both from Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

Suzy suddenly had put her fingers surrounding her nape. “Oh, God… Why it feels like I’m having goosebumps…”

“Babe!”

What she uttered had prompted Baekhyun and Chanyeol letting out loud guffaw.

“Shut up, you…” Kai directed first to the tallest crossways him. “Freakishly tall guy with super weird ears, and…” Then, to Baekhyun he pointed. “A very loud ex-roommate who’s even louder when bringing girls home.”

Chanyeol proceeded to his turn after wrapping up the horselaugh. “I’m gonna say that I’ve been spending most of my time with one princess and three idiots.”

“Why did I even friends with you?” Baekhyun snorted.

“It’s silly that you guys have been nicknaming me with the good ones and you refer the others with such call, but in fact…” Suzy motioned her index finger. “You love each other so much… That it sometimes makes me think you better date each between you boys, than taking turns on girls.” She said such frank statement, which caused the guys halted their bickering.

“Ew!” Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kai exclaimed it at sync.

 

The table of four did not adding another member as Kai pardoning himself using the bathroom. Leaving the three of Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Suzy, who were about to discuss something that only acknowledged by them.

“How you’re holding up, big fella?” Baekhyun assured Chanyeol he didn’t plan to by now.

“Yes, oppa…” Suzy added, dragging her chair to be nearer. “It seems Sehun is doing pretty well with Jennie… Are you alright?”

“Duh,” Chanyeol snickered even though they knew he’s been faking it. “The bottom line is, Sehunnie likes Jennie… And I guess, so did she…” he shrugged. “So, I don’t see why I should jump in between them.”

“But, you really like this girl…” emphasized Suzy once more.

Chanyeol replied with another grin. “That’s your mere assumption, Bae… I never said that I like her so much as if it’s my chest going to burst whenever she was near—“

“Shut up!” Baekhyun hit the back of the taller’s head. “That was your heart speaking!”

Chanyeol sighed because he just caught by two of his best friends.

The eldest had spoken again, “Just why, Yeol? I really, seriously…never had seen you like someone so utterly like this… Well, except for this one girl,” he eyed her and whistled. “We all know, but what is it with Jennie?”

“I don’t know myself, Baek.” Chanyeol responded as he glanced both of them. “It’s just… There’s something about her that really drew me in, ever since the first time I saw her…” he scratched then his not-so-itchy hair. “But, whatever… I love Sehunnie so much—“

He eyed them again, because Suzy started to watch him a little bit in thoughts.

“— not in that way, you have disgustingly pictured us, Bae…”

She giggled at that one and Chanyeol was carrying on.

“It’s true that our friendship is my top priority and I don’t want to ruin it, again… Just because of this girl.”

Baekhyun and Suzy had finally understanding to what he said. As in not so long, the typical flat-faced Sehun came and Chanyeol asked them not to ever discuss it again.

 


 

Chanyeol woke up early at the next morning. When he contemplated to the window, the sky told him that it was not his normal time to wake up. However, his longing to visit the park was stronger as he did by the previous week. Chanyeol took his guitar out not so long after he has outfitted.

Not even fifteen minutes to eight, Chanyeol has arrived when he saw a glimpse of someone familiar was running and passing him. He paced faster to chase her with the guitar still carried.

Jennie had run quite fast on that day. She was listening to music with earpiece and she couldn’t get Chanyeol called her name for few times.

“Hey, Jennie…” He has finally reached her. After a jiff of sprinting, elongated his arm to tap her shoulder.

His voice was even lower than usual, Jennie had to take off her headset.

“Hi…” The tall guy then repeated.

He bent over, clutching his knees as his breath started to be bumpy. Jennie has also leaned in, examining him.

“Hey, are you alright?” She worriedly asked.

The guy gave her an ‘okay’ sign before was upright and grinned.

Jennie replied in prompt, “Yah! Why are you running with this heavy stuff?” She was directing at the instrument lugged on his back.

“I just…” Chanyeol fixed his messy hair and wore again the worn black cap. “Just want to say hi,”

He said as walking backwards, on the way to his usual spot near the bent oak tree. It took the whole lot for Chanyeol to breathe easily once more. Because Jennie has reacted with a heartfelt beam, prior to continuing the jog. The one thing he didn’t knew; she hasn’t done any of the smiling since the day before it.

 

“Hey, Chanyeol…” Jennie took a seat beside him after finishing another round of track.

The guy’s big eyes had almost jumped out of its skull when knowing her has shifted to be next to.

Damn it! Why didn’t I notice she’s coming?

Even he had gotten up quick from the bench and abruptly dropped his guitar on its board. Jennie looked at him while tying her loose shoelace.

“What’s wrong?”

“N-nothing…” Chanyeol answered her as being still on the ground, instead of going back to sit. He needed to take care of the excessive thumps within his chest. Otherwise his head would explode— even though it was in his mere imagination.

Chanyeol perceived Jennie began tracing her fingers to his guitar. “May I borrow this?” she looked at him again and he just nodded. “I learnt how to play from Rose…Maybe now, I'll be a little rusty,”

Whereas he aimed to escape, since he kind of made promise to himself that he had to create a distance with Jennie. Nevertheless, when she began settling with the strings and strumming the instrument, he then found himself has engrossed to her melody.

What else I wouldn’t like from you, Jennie?

It was somehow has comforted Chanyeol and he inadvertently took his phone out of the sweats pocket, as he was capturing the moment.

“Hey,” Jennie didn’t take much time to realize it. “Did you take a picture of me?”

Well, it’s actually a couple of pics…

“No…” He hastily slipped the device to the rear.

She was getting up from the seat, approaching. “I can hear the click… Come on,” Jennie has exposed a palm. “Let me see.”

Chanyeol was still shielding the mobile, regardless of how nimbly Jennie tried to snatch it from him.

“Why did you hide it from me?” She looked a little mad, but he could see the edge of her lips started curving.

“Why are you so sure?” Chanyeol countered, “What if you were mistaken?” as raising one arm at the highest he could and of course, she couldn’t reach it.

At the end, Jennie basically crossed her arms because there’s no way she could take his phone. “You’re mean.”

“Let’s say, this will be the exchange for that time you have drawn me…” At last, Chanyeol said something self-assuredly by throwing his signature grin.

“But, I drew you and almost everybody who—“

“That’s the different we have here, Jennie…” he smiled in such enigma. “I don’t take just everybody’s picture and saved it in my gallery.”

Chanyeol took his guitar and instinctively messed with her hair, his feet began moving to depart. On the other hand, Jennie couldn’t help but stare at him as he was leaving her from the park that morning.

 


 

Jennie was used to jog not quite every morning since she was still in high school. But the thing is; it was never good when she done it too often. As it habitually was her way to discharge whatever she has been thinking too much, going on for. As of these days, it even had become more often.

She thought at first, because she was so upset about Sehun— whom had been sending her roses every day ever since he had gotten caught— but apparently, she was more intrigued to go and see what would she came across each day, at the park.

By means of what, perhaps she intended to see more of a person, which she never thought would be necessitating of his mere company. The last time Jennie saw Chanyeol was already two days ago and she wondered, why he wasn’t there even at this third day of the week.

Did I do something wrong?

It was true that Jennie was up around an hour bit late in that Wednesday. As when she came back to the apartment, Rosé was preparing herself for the morning class at the living space.

“Hey, Jen…” Rosé adjusted the collar outside her sweater and spotted the roommate coming. “Another stuff just came for you—“

“Just throw it away, Rose…” Jennie replied while passing in direction to the bathroom. “How many times should I tell you, I don’t want to receive any of it…”

Rosé tilted her head as she was then taking the rolled paper placed on the dining table. “But, it’s not again the flowers… And I don’t know what Sehun done to you, but this is—” She handed it to the shorter girl. “— this was delivered by Chanyeol when you were out running.”

Rosé must be thinking, it must be for the similar purpose since those two were best friends. However, not the same had come into Jennie’s thought. She received it and directly was opening what turned out to be a drawing paper. Jennie noticed it was a sketch of herself playing the guitar and she remembered what had occurred a couple days ago.

A genuine smile was inevitable to be tugged on her expression, whereas she read a little note on its side saying;

Now, you can replace the ty drawing I put on your Great Wall…

Rosé had merely shaken her head, seeing Jennie was all excited to take the sketch towards her bedroom then.

 

Jennie went downstairs in around an hour interval after Rosé was departing earlier.

“Jennie…” A guy was apparently waiting for her at the building entrance.

Looking fine as usual, with his posh clothing and by having the hair pushed back, maybe Sehun was on his way to his office.

“What are you doing?” Jennie asked him briefly while she was walking out, heading to the campus.

Sehun trailed her and tried to reach her hand. However, he couldn’t make it because Jennie was seemed avoiding him. “I came because you didn’t answer my calls, nor replying my texts… and I don’t think you even keep the roses I sent to you in these past two days—”

“That is absolutely right.” She answered quick as he was blocking by standing on her way. “Excuse me, I have a lecture to catch up,”

“Jennie, you can’t stay away from me…” Sehun said with his still expressionless face.

“I can and I already did…” Jennie has stated clearly, although it sort of sounded nothing. “Because I cannot take it anymore with another jerk like you—“

Sehun took Jennie’s arm by force at that point. “You can’t dispose me from your life, like this.”

That was the first time, maybe Sehun ever had let other people got his true meaning. His voice was hollow, but there was something within what he said, that he conveyed so determined. Even Jennie was stunned of what followed right after.

“Now, I want us to be exclusive.” And just like that, Sehun then sealed it with a kiss to her lips.

 


 

A/N: Don't worry baby, your time will come soon <3
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
xoxo,