Find to Fix

Their Days
 
 

Apparently, it was like every flash of inevitable resistance that Jennie has developed for Sehun. To her surprise, his lips was still as sweet as it would taste in every occasion. However, it was a rejection from within, which made her shoved him straightaway.

Afterwards he was being pushed, the cold guy was fitting his overcoat as his gaze was fixated at hers. There was the occurring void arose between them, again, and Sehun was sure by now that he was the one who have made it worse.

He began again to call her name. “Jennie, I—“

“I don’t have any interest to begin, whatever you wanted…” She countered. “I do want to have nothing with someone who seems will do the same with everyone else.”

At once, her words were twisting. Every bit of it contained an obscurity that he will never could properly responded. It was an internal disarray merely for himself.

If only, the time could be reversed and he would not have done what she caught him off-guard back in that morning. If only, he wasn’t that tempted to link a colleague’s offer which he should go totally before he met Jennie. If only, he realized earlier that the thought of losing her now, might be what he dreaded, even though he never thought she could mean this much to him.

If only, yes, those were if only

“Can you give me one more chance?” Sehun muttered, barely took a note Jennie has appeared to have no will to keep this conversation ongoing.

“It’ll be the same as if you’re asking me, do I want to witness in any other day when you wake up and you just slept with whoever you wish for…” she replied with a nonchalant simper. “And that will be an absolute no.”

The older’s eyes had went wide opened before his view then fell to the floor. Strangely enough, it caused an indescribable sting to his chest, but he wouldn’t let her go just like that.

“Now, I need to attend my classes.” Jennie gave him an awkward wave of hand as she was marching to pass the main gate and depart.

Sehun raised his perspective to find Jennie started disappearing from sight. A soft murmur has gone through his thin lips at that moment. “I’ll prove it that I will change for you—”

 

If would have been a total lie if Jennie claimed that she wasn’t bothered by Sehun’s earlier arrival. Something deep inside her had really wanted to let herself had the slip-up and gave him the chance to prove himself once more. Unless, it was her over-pride that went beyond the skies and that was why she sticks to what she stated in the first place.

It was after the last lecture in the afternoon and Jennie didn’t have anything to do, since Rosé was taking an overtime to practice with her classmates. Her shiftless feet and sort of disordered mind had taken her to nowhere, but the park near the campus and her apartment. It was filled by more people than what it had in the usual morning when she was doing the jog. Hitherto, she spotted the one empty bench under a bent oak tree was being left unattended, as she then had chosen to take a seat over there.

It took more than thirty minutes for Jennie wasting her time; with nothing to do and she just scrolled aimlessly on her phone, scanning over random people, as the breeze kept accompanying her idle time. Before then she snapped out of her thoughts, she used to be not that lonesome every time she was there in the park. And that was when she started getting to find her regular company.

 

---

 

Baekhyun dragged the duvet he snatched abruptly to cover his topless body and to walk toward his main door, which probably he would be barked the person who knocked it uncontrolled.

He found less in minute later, Jennie was standing in front of it with her endearing appearance.

“Hi, sorry to bother you…” She beamed and greeted the housemaster. “Did you asleep?”

“Maybe, yes, in a half hour from now—“ he replied with the typical sass, but not until a young lady showed herself from one of what Jennie assumed was the bedroom and the miss was looking for the petite guy. “I’ll be back in a sec,” he spoke.

Jennie almost spurted a laugh. “Really, Baek? It’s barely six in the p.m.…”

Yah!” the older has yelled and tightened the cover to secure his torso. “People have different needs in the most varied times… And seriously, not the time to be this frank, Jennie… What do you want?”

“I’m looking for your friend—“

“Sehunnie’s not here.”

“Thank God, he’s not!” Jennie exclaimed, resulting her an eyebrow raised from Baekhyun. “I’m looking for Chanyeol,”

“Chanyeol? Park-freakin’-Chanyeol?” Baekhyun tittered as putting hand on his hips and she nodded. “Have you checked at the building across?”

She leaned to the doorframe still regarding at him. “I ran into Suzy when she went out there and she told me to find out here… She was in a rush.”

“Well, you want me to give his address?”

“Just his mobile number, please…”

“Whoa, this will get more interesting.” Baekhyun softly whistled then wiggled his brows, forming an invisible question mark between him and Jennie. And then, he excused to get his phone from his room, before reverting to the front door. “Here,” Baekhyun handed her the device and he merely looked when she was inputting it to her contact list.

“Anything else?” he inquired after getting it back.

Jennie was signaling a no. “Thanks, Baek.”

Yet again, Baekhyun returned her with such inexplicable leer.

 

There were plenty of times, seeing the horizon was in way shifting into its orange and reddish hues. It was plenty before commencing the night, as Jennie had spent her whiles strolling without purpose, amongst Baekhyun’s dwell and the park, and then toward her apartment. She doubted for the nth time to dial what’s been displayed as a simple ‘Chanyeol’ on her mobile screen.

Why did she suddenly was in desperate need to find him? It was true that they’ve been meeting each other quite often at the park, but why today she had wanting to see him this bad? She never felt this way before now. Let alone, it was for the guy, whom she found had become her morning company; a mere friend, who turned out she could speak well to, regardless of how bothersome he was when they first met.

Is it because Chanyeol has been absent of visiting the place for two days in a row? Nonetheless, his presence could have had mattered to her.

She was thinking, maybe she needed to add more spirits, by way of later she could make up her mind.

 

By spirits, it was meant that Jennie decided to visit a place, where she haven’t gone there yet after meeting the group of friends in a few weeks back. After several shots given to her by the bartender, it was getting clearer she‘s been like this because she needed her company by now.

Jennie pulled out her phone from the inner jacket. First attempt of dialing Chanyeol’s number and she called off in seconds because she still had the doubts.

Why? Why should I seek for this guy?

Second time of pressing the call button, once again, she withdrawn since the thought of Sehun had then came up her mind.

Ah, screw him… I don’t need to be in relationship with a jerk right now…

Third’s time would probably be the charm and Jennie was doing fine, up till the person across the line seemed didn’t picking up the call.

Eh, Park Chanyeol… Why is it so hard for me to find you...?” She preached herself.

As in a minute later, one bartender came to pass but check on her.

“Hey, are you alright?”

Typically, she would shove the guy’s hand off her shoulder, but then, she was asking yet for another round of drinks straightaway. She strived to not letting others saw her inebriation as an attraction in the desolate corner of a bar, not after seven in the evening. The girl counted how many shots she had drunk and by the sum of seven, she was pressing once more the contact display on her mobile screen.

She couldn’t tell how many times it had rang and somehow, it has been picked up at last.

Hello—

“Chanyeol!” Jennie was sure by the deep-voiced through the line, he was the one she hoped to receive her call. “Finally…”

Who’s this?”

“How can you not know me?” She answered mockingly.

Excuse me,” the guy sounded so confused. “If this is some kind of prank that I don’t understand, then I’m hanging up—

“How could you hang up one me?!”

There was a significant pause since what she said so frantically, before he resumed. “For God’s sake, who is this?

“Chanyeol, you know me…”

If I know you, then your name has shown nicely on my phone…” and there was a sigh. “You know what, I’m hanging up—

“No, wait!” Jennie continued without being thoughtful, as to be honest, she couldn’t do so right at the moment. “I tried to look for you in anywhere we usually meet, but I can’t… I can’t find you…”

The other person in the other line has seemed engaged. There was this solemnity within her voice that suddenly caused him musing over and to find out who it really was.

“I even went for a couple times to the park today… But, you’re not there.” she carried on.

Jesus Christ,” Chanyeol heaved another sigh which could be heard clearly. “Jennie?

A smile then plastered on her lips.

Jennie! What’s wrong?” The guy expressed his flutter. “Hey, where can I find you—

Her head began to grow heavy and her view has been presently blurry. Jennie slumped her head to the bar surface as Chanyeol kept calling her name through the phone.

Jennie’s sense of time couldn’t be dependable by that point. She had lost count of how many times other people were approaching her. However, some of the bar staffs were good enough to protect her and offered the customers lots of drinks, then located them far away from the drunken girl. Least to tell, one of them did talk to some guy who spoke through the abandoned iPhone on the girl’s grip. Say, he was heading there as soon as possible and will tip whoever could keep her away from being endangered.

Jennie wasn’t sure of how long did it take for Chanyeol to get there. But, once she identified the scent of ocean breeze drew very close, then she knew he was already there, beside her.

 

He will find me after all.

 

Chanyeol has arrived at the jazz bar not up half an hour, after he dashed from where he was finishing his tutor. He headed straight to the main counter, searching for someone who he talked on the phone and the guy has directed straight to the only girl sitting at the bar.

Jennie was circling her finger to the tip of her glass, possibly the fifth time she just got rejected of asking someone to pour her more liquor.

Chanyeol took a seat at the stool next to her. Signing one of the bartender to bring him a glass of tap water. “How can you be this drunk?” He dropped his black overcoat on top afore gulping the drink in one go.

She looked at him with her dreamy eyes, one index finger then pointing right to his nose. “How can you just come by now?”

“Uh, because you called.” He was a bit taken aback by her indifference.

“Really?” She was viewing to her sides. “I don’t have my phone with me…”

Chanyeol took the thing that’s been placed very near to her left, inserting it to her opened crossbody bag. Jennie was already scribbling the drawing pen— she always carried it to everywhere she goes— to the wooden board of the bar counter. Again, Jennie was in her own world that only she could understand.

He caught her hands and made her break to draw, yet she refused, and then he attempted for one more time.

“You said you want to see me,” He seized her fidgeted body by taking her wrists. “Why?”

Jennie was still okay, even she could still laugh to his face. “Tch, I just need someone to talk to,”

“Then, talk to me now I’m here…”

She was turning away her view, out of a sudden to back viewing at him. “Did you or did you not, admit that all of you guys are actually jerks…who can fool around with everyone and never did you plan to understand that we are actually have feelings?”

He puckered his brows, “Are you talking about a specific person or—“

“All of you!” She began to rant and cut him, as Chanyeol didn’t prepare for such drastic changes.

Nevertheless, he was doing what his best to listen her prattle.

“Are you guys haven’t had any, eenie-tiny-bity, feeling to somebody and do you know how much it hurts when you know that person keeps toying with others?”

“I’m sorry, on behalf of everyone, every guy,” Chanyeol had earnestly put a defeated sign on his chest. “Or, I don’t know maybe you’re like this because Sehun had done something wrong—“

“Ah, Sehun…” Jennie scoffed. “He’s your best friend, isn’t he?”

“Yes…” He practically nodded.

She supported her weary head with a palm, heaving a sigh before noticing something. “Oh, God… I can’t cry for the jerk… Not again.”

It was literally, an emotional roller coaster for the girl, as then her tears were uncontrollable and already had streamed down.

Chanyeol leaned his back to rest. “Jennie, I’m so sorry if Sehun really did something bad,”

“He really did and I’m telling you… He slept with someone else.” she spoke again and regarded at him. “I bet you two would just probably the same…”

At that, Chanyeol drew closer towards her yet again. “You can’t judge me by comparing me, even with my best friend…”

Jennie returned Chanyeol’s stare, which for long was fixated at her. “Oh, yeah? So, you don’t sleep with any girl you picked up in any place, maybe, like this bar?” she asked cynically. “Will you take me home with you after this?”

“Jennie, I’m not gonna do this with you…” He chanced to take her hands once more.

She was initially struggled to get loose of him. As it took a lot of time and almost caused Chanyeol loose his nerves. However, he strove, over and over, in advance to succeed keeping Jennie inside his embrace.

That was the last seconds before she eventually stopped resisting.

Jennie had the assume which overlapped by the sound of music, began playing and commencing the time that the bar started gaining more customers. It had made her faint as burying her face to Chanyeol’s wool-covered torso, as his arms felt much more comfortable than she ever fell to anywhere else. It was the feeling of being safe and protected, which she never experienced for a long time. Wherein he kept saying some reassurance, as Jennie didn’t know for sure, but it did make her feel better.

 

“Take me home with you…”

Jennie kept repeating it, even when Chanyeol had piggyback her on their way back to her apartment. She was clearly asleep and he knew she was saying it within her unconsciousness.

Well along, Rosé was surprised when she let in the tall guy who carried her knocked out roommate. Chanyeol did get some variable questions from the girl, instead he was putting Jennie on her bed and pulled the sheets to make sure she could sleep comfortably. He spotted the drawing he gave as a gift to her, has been placed at the center point of her Great Wall.

Rosé didn’t know what to question him anymore, since he did not answer any of it, and she just let him go when he excused himself in not so later.

 


 

Chanyeol got a call from Jennie at the next morning. He was exiting his place and he kept listening her speaking in such panic. Chanyeol knew she had just awoken from her sleep and kept saying that she was sorry if she did call him too many times at the previous night. Jennie was terrified that she made him showed up and picked her at the bar, rambled senseless stuff, or whatever that she told him to— which he actually did not care— and he just asked her to meet him soon at the park.

She probably didn’t remember anything besides that.

Jennie didn’t have to wait for Chanyeol that day. She recognized him was already strumming and produced mild melodies from his guitar, as she was marching toward that one bench under a bent oak tree. To where he always be seated whenever they were meeting in such circumstances.

She slipped to settle next to him, as he was noticing her presence and took a break of playing his instrument.

“Good morning.” Chanyeol looked at her with a beam. “Or, should I say it’s a bit late compared to when you usually do the running?”

Jennie sighed as she played with the sweatshirt sleeves, which maybe she just took randomly before heading out her place in hurry. “Whatever did I tell, or what I did last night, please… Can we put it off our back and let’s never take a look again, at it?”

Chanyeol hummed for a sec, in advance of he gazed at her once more and grinned. “Yes, we can…”

Jennie knocked her own forehead with her palm. “Oh, God… I must’ve said some stupid stuff that make you smile so suspiciously, like that…”

“Jennie, remember when I went to your party and I woke up the next morning at your couch, as I got hungover?”

She merely nodded as concerning to him. “I’m not the only one who did stupid things, didn’t I?”

They both were amused as they kept laughing at themselves for the next minute. He recognized her relief, whereas Jennie could rest her back to the upright board by now.

Thus far, Chanyeol didn’t take much longer to inquire her what remained on his mind ever since earlier.

“Who is this guy who made you have that much doubt of us, the men being?”

Jennie halted to answer. “Did I talk to you about Sehun before?”

Chanyeol shook his head. “It’s not about Sehun… It’s about who broke your trust in a long time ago… The one that you forget after you got into that accident,”

“I told you, I don’t remember.” Jennie shrugged. “I really don’t remember him.”

“Do you mind if I start digging about the guy?”

Chanyeol withstood and Jennie was quite stunned, considering her being naive at his statement.

 

I need to know what ruin you, at first… So that I’ll know what I’m going to do to fix you.

 


 

A/N: 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THIS CHAPTER AND LEAVE COMMENTS 주세요!!!