ChanBaek's Double Date

Their Days
 
 

It was Saturday in early January, when the cold weather in their city was pleasant enough for everyone to go out. The group of friends started their morning as usual, the hustle bustle were mainly centered in Suzy’s loft rather than Baekhyun’s apartment. It was spacier for sure and since Kai, by now, a resident there— and he was also the one, who’s having the laziest to relocate himself from place to place— so, that’s why. The eldest of the group didn’t mind as well, as long as he wouldn’t be the one who spent most of the work, ‘cause Suzy did.

When the short clock hand pointed to ten, Chanyeol has appeared with a bag of freshly baked baguettes as he picked up Sehun along on his way. The only girl in the place thanked him for bringing what she ordered then, as he replied with his typical ‘Anything for you, Bae’ and that was when he knew he would receive something being thrown from the tanned guy, in direction of his perfectly-shaped nose. That joke would never get old in time.

In the middle of the tallest brewing his morning coffee, Baekhyun was speaking after swallowed the pancake piece made for breakfast. “Yeol, did you plan something to do this evening?”

“Nope.” He answered as he turned around, taking seat to the remaining chair beside the youngest. Scanned that the buddy across was still eyeing him, he asked. “Why?”

“Well, just because you’re asking,” Baekhyun put the fork he was using next to his plate. “I have someone who I knew can be quite a keeper. We planned to hang out tonight and I told that you’ll be joining us.”

Chanyeol arched his brows. “You’re setting me up with someone who’s actually your date or what?”

“No, I made some moves with her roommate, but they both are going to the same place as we were and in their final year as undergraduates, so I knew both of them pretty well.”

“Look how sneaky you are,” he scoffed. “And you said that I’ll be coming tonight?”

“So that you can’t say no to me right now.”

Baekhyun has this smug plastered on his tiny face. Chanyeol had merely let out a sigh, however, it was not that loud compared to what Sehun let out as a groan. He was listening the two elders’ exchange.

“He’s not your only single male friend.”

The petite eldest saw cross wisely the younger, “Sehunnie, you’re capable to find a date yourself, aren’t you? Besides, you have too many requirements, I don’t think someone from our school can fit you.”

Baekhyun was half straightforward, moreover, Sehun had this specific eye for golden-haired, long-legged, modelesque-type for almost every girls they have seen him going out for a while. Chanyeol, at the other side, was much more versatile— and keener— than him.

“But, I’ve been single longer than the last time Yeol had .” Sehun spoke without losing his distinctive cold.

“I thought you went home with someone after that party we all went on New Year’s Eve.”

Kai chimed in, but he got nudged by Suzy and she fed him more of the scrambled eggs, so that he could hush.

“Well, I did.” Sehun responded, before pointing at the giant. “When did the last time you slept with someone?”

Chanyeol frowned a bit before flatly answered. “Two days ago.”

“See!” Sehun exclaimed merely for his own mortification. While he was composing himself and his friends were resuming the breakfast, he brought it up again in the next five. “Come on, Baek… Why can’t you give me this one?”

“Sehun-ah, we passed only twelve days of this year and maybe oppa is just having a slightly, better start than you.” Suzy was the one saying at the moment, maybe she had it seeing the longest time best friend disputed this mere stuff. She added, “Both of you are quite in the same pace.”

“Thanks, Sooj.” Baekhyun threw her a similar smile of what she gave him. Then, to the youngest he carried on. “Sehun-ah, this girl is clearly not your type.”

“Why is that so?”

“She majors in music, it’s the same as me and Yeol. She’s Korean and although she dyed her hair in strawberry blonde, but it’s not naturally the same as ninety percent of girls you have dated. And she plays guitar, which is why I thought she’d match Yeol more ‘cause both of them have same interest for instrumental.”

“I’ve dated so many girls which were not coming from the law school, Baek.” It wasn’t Sehun if he let go and pass his chance to counteract. “The last three times, if I’m not mistaken, it varied from an aspiring broadway actress—“

“Ah, I think I knew that one.”

Suzy muttered and Sehun threw her a sly wink, in advance of continuing.

“Then, a journalist and a commercial model, whom, for your information, played a piano in her latest ad for this major telecommunication company. I can be adaptable, if I want and I don’t stick to only one kind.” He sounded so confident by stating it.

“Sehun-ah, please…” the eldest seemed tired following it, hence he supported his head on the surface. “What is more, I already showed her Yeol’s pic and she liked it.”

“You can capture me now while eating and I’m sure she’ll like me straightaway—“

“Oh Sehun, it was Park freaking Chanyeol when he was on stage playing the drum. Even Sooj said she was captivated by this freak back then.”

“I’m not a freak, you are!”

Baekhyun sneered as hearing Chanyeol’s yell and then, he saw Sehun’s sign to finally admit, “Fine, I’ll let you win this time.”

“Told you, she likes a guy who plays a lot of instruments—“

 

As Chanyeol has eventually agreed with Baekhyun’s surprising plan, he gets to choose where they would be meeting the girls. There was this one place in mind, since he had a word to one of his former college bandmates to watch him perform with his regular band in a jazz bar uptown. His petite pal approved, guessing it was not a bad arrangement and turned out, the band was quite popular as the rest of three wanted to tag along. Baekhyun made an extra effort to persuade Suzy and Kai to take the nagging Sehun for dinner, in place they could also be going to the said bar, much later after their date began.

 

Beholding to the mirror in the loft’s bathroom, Chanyeol pushed his hair back for a neater look rather than using his worn snapback to cover. He fixed the black overcoat that above the same-colored jacket and V-neck shirt, the one he borrowed from Kai earlier. Thank goodness he chose to wear his dark blue jeans today, whereas Baekhyun’s size was too small for him to lend.

“See you in two hours!” Suzy waved him a goodbye then walked to the entrance as Kai and Sehun were still fixing their focus to the huge screen, watching some fast-food documentary.

Baekhyun was there when the door opened, cladded unalike his best friend. He looked nice with the navy blazer and cream turtleneck underneath, also blue skinny jeans as bottom. Not to mention, his choice of tan loafers were contrasting Chanyeol’s air max.

“So, whose memorial service we’re attending?”

He teased the giant for his almost all-black preference, not too different from Kai’s. In which Chanyeol regretted why he should be falling asleep hours before.

 

They reached the bar in the next twenty minutes, it was on time for when the petite one told their get-together. He was still admiring the surrounding, furniture and how the owner decorated the place with neon light wordings— which made it looked not too dim yet delightful— when Chanyeol tapped his slender shoulder, saying that he needed to use the restroom. Baekhyun let him be as he must seek for a table should the place got jam-packed in no later.

Chanyeol was drying his hands right next to the sink, afore he was deflecting to exit and bumped into someone between the men’s and ladies’ room. It was a long-haired girl in dark ash blonde, black biker jacket and black crop top beneath it, which he could tell that her frame was petite as she reached his shoulder by wearing some boots. Her round, but small face was cute, yet by how she side-eyed him with her little but sharp eyes was somehow giving him a breathtaking impression. Not his first time to come across beautiful girls, but there’s something unusual about this one, he thought.

She didn’t say anything, except rushing to the next room as it snapped the captivated guy who was in her way back to reality.

“Hey, watch yourself!”

That was all he could say, already then searching for Baekhyun and their dates.

 

Baekhyun raised his small hand, so that Chanyeol could spot him within the forming crowd. Chanyeol greeted his friend on the nearest table to the stage, before he went to the half-round shaped sofa and table that the buddy chose, in which there was a girl who was sitting with him. Baekhyun’s grin was visible as soon as the giant appeared to their table. He stood up along with the girl and he offered her to greet Chanyeol.

“Yeol, this is Rosé…”

“I’m sorry?” Chanyeol leaned in to catch it clearer because of the noise or he has already distracted from earlier.

Rosé responded, “It’s just Rose and it’s fine…” she threw him a relaxing smile and shrugged. “My dad named me Roseanne, so I can’t get away of how he taught me to pronounce it—“

Chanyeol replied her with his signature husky laugh, he liked this girl friendliness and sense of humor. In fact, he would definitely ask her out for a second date. For the reason that she was lovely and her style was fairly girlish, with a medium pastel skirt and tucked in blouse that wrapping her slim body, perfectly supported by ankle boots. Well, Chanyeol was liking what he seen. Up until he wanted to ask where’s Baekhyun date and another strong presence ascended to their table.

“Hi, you’re done prettifying yourself?”

Rosé asked the girl who came and Baekhyun laughed along with her, offering a hand for her to sit beside him. Chanyeol did say nothing, waiting for either Baekhyun or Rosé to introduce them.

“Oh, sorry…” Rosé realized the guy seated next was doubting to be linked. “This is my friend, Jennie.”

She perceived him, finally. “I think we met before because you stand on my way to the ladies’ room.” She adjusted her loose tresses afore settling. “Thanks for telling me to watch myself.”

Chanyeol fixed his eyes to the girl. He smirked and steady across him was Jennie, whom he couldn’t stop staring as the night keep falling.

 

The exchange lasted long in their table, but mostly Baekhyun and Rosé were partaking two-third of it. Chanyeol learnt that his date was born in New Zealand and spent her life there until she went to this city for college. He override by saying he would love to go to that country someday and he was a big fan of some big movies that have been shooting there. But, hey, who else Rosé said that has studied and spent some years in New Zealand? It was Jennie— and like you all would expected— it drew Chanyeol’s attention more than everything he had caught at the time.

Jennie wasn’t the type who talked much and Rosé would be the one who told everyone about herself and her roommate. Like, even though they both were majoring in music, but Jennie fancied to sketch a lot, and it has explained why he saw her taking out a drawing pencil from her inner side of the jacket. Chanyeol also noticed her started to draw something on the napkin when the band started performing on stage. Jennie was so occupied and was in her own world while doing it, as he observed exactly.

“Hey…” Chanyeol reached for Jennie’s soft fingers with his long limbs across the table. “Rose is talking on behalf of you and guess why can’t you do it by yourself?”

He had partly regret as she looked bothered when he snapped her out from the world she fancied to be in, all alone. For the first time in an hour, then he lastly heard her speaking once more.

“Thank God, you’re cute.” Jennie said without carrying on.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, “Excuse me?”

He tried to set back his snicker and she was glancing at Rosé for a second, in advance of she resumed.

“There are thousands of cute people in this world and to be honest, if I must say on behalf proportions of human features, all the things you got on your face was too big for it, you know?”

Chanyeol had almost dropped his jaw— and self-esteem— on the table. “W-what?” he stuttered.

“Sorry, Rose…” Jennie gave her friend a pity look. “Your date has been annoying me since I saw him at first,”

The called girl has curved the edge of her lips, looking back and forth to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. She skipped the part where she must tell that Jennie had the tendency to speak what’s on her mind without delay.

It was fortunate that Suzy, Kai and Sehun’s arrival then saved them for getting through such awkward situation. Also in seconds, Chanyeol was invited by his colleagues to join them on stage. Making there were spaces left beside Rosé, which can fit for two and filled by Suzy and Kai. As Sehun was hesitating to sit or not to sit next to a girl, who seemed cold and he didn’t know her at all.

“Is it okay for me to sit next to you?” Sehun questioned her, politely.

Jennie just tilted her head, slightly to notice him. “As long as you don’t have any contagious disease, why not?”

Sehun has quickly settled there and reached the pretty girl once again. “Hi, I’m Sehun.”

“Jennie.” she answered short before going back drawing on the napkin.

On stage, Chanyeol was strumming the guitar and began producing some remarkable harmonies. He was crossing his legs, sitting at ease, throwing his magnificent smile to the audience. Simply to cause everyone captivated by the performance. Everyone, but Jennie who kept penciling on the tissue paper and when the song had near to ending, Sehun has supposed it. Her sketch was about the whole band on stage, overall, but the main subject was the person playing the guitar.

“You like guitarist?” He spontaneously asked.

“Huh?” She seemed not catching it very well.

Baekhyun at her side then re-joined, “Rosé told me that Jennie, specifically, likes to make a sketch of a person playing guitar.”

“Who’s Rosé?”

Sehun examined and Baekhyun pointed to the girl on his left, who apparently, had built an interesting conversation herself with Suzy and Kai.

“I thought you like Yeol, for a sec.” He said to Jennie when Baehyun was diverted by a message from his phone.

Jennie responded him with light chuckle and a firm, “No.”

“Really?” Sehun shifted his sight and he was now facing her, one-sided. It was rare for females not being attracted to the acclaimed ladies’ man of their group. “He’s not your type?”

His question then put Jennie to concentrate on him, setting aside the sketch on her hold. “I’m sorry, but it’s rude to reveal my view of other people to someone I just met.”

Sehun smiled, very wide and pleased of getting such impressive sway by a particular soul. At that point, his intention to chat with Jennie should be halted, since Suzy called his name with a question of what drink he wanted to order and Kai was the one doing the deed.

“Sehun-ah, you know what?” Baekhyun continued to converse with Sehun, as Jennie joined them by being placed in between the two. “I think Jennie should be getting an award of shooting Yeol down in a blink of an eye…”

“Hey!” The talked about girl smacked Baekhyun shoulder, lightly, as she knew where this would be headed to.

Sehun, for a type who couldn’t get fascinated to an individual that easy, wouldn’t toss this possibility away as he wanted to get to know her more— and of course, talk to her more. “What? What did she do?”

“She said, Yeol’s eyes, nose, lips and everything were too big to be put on a tiny surface. It was so direct, she stated his face is not proportional at all.”

Baekhyun cracked, almost too loud, as Sehun was clutching his own stomach after letting out a really good guffaw. Jennie looked at both of them, attempting to get her real point.

“Apologize for not capable of holding my honest self, but I wasn’t mean to hurt his feelings…”

Jennie burst with her own laugh as well. Maybe, it was the wine that started reacting in between them, hereafter Sehun continued to probe her.

“I guess you’re quite an expert of scanning human faces,” he sipped the wine in advance. “So, what do you think about mine?”

She seriously scrutinized his features for a good minute. “You probably one of the few people who has best proportion of your every feature.” She raised her wine glass before swallowing the rest of it. “Well, you’re a definite handsome.” Then, she excused herself to the restroom.

Sehun scooted, so that she could excuse from the table and he could not take his eyes off her, up till Jennie’s back has disappeared in the midst of the crowd. He was soon moving nearer to the eldest and he whispered as he was in the position.

“Baek, I told you should take me for this date instead of  Yeol!”

Baekhyun scowled and judging his exclamation.

“Man, I like that girl…” Sehun resumed just to cause the older frowned.

“You like who?”

The younger wriggled his eyebrows. “Jennie.”

A jiff before he received a hit to the back of his brunette crown from Baekhyun’s palm.

“Ow!”

Sehun was still rubbing the place he thought was hurt as Baekhyun stuck out his tongue. “She’s my date, you little … Not the one I told you this morning.”

 


 

A/N:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope I don't disappoint you guys with this hasty first chapter ^.^v