Chapter 18

Until You

" it feels like nobody ever knew me until you knew me "

 

 

JINYOUNG POV

 

I woke up when I feel the feeling of nauseating!! I clutch my own head as I try to message my temple. My vision was not that clear and I try to blink my eyes properly..

The familiar room with white wall, white curtain and the smell of antiseptic gush in the air. 

I try to wake up but there's a hand stopping me to do so. I was shock and I was afraid. I don't want to see Mark right now. I grab the hand and push them harshly while shouting NO!  to the person 

But the voice was different. It was not Mark! But...

" hey! You're fine... Don't worry! "

" Jackson.... "

" yeah! It's me... "

" how did you find me? "

" that..... I have my own way"

I felt relief seeing Jackson here. I am glad hes here. Jackson offer his shoulder and I did lay my heavy head on his. My heart felt relief. 

A few moment later doctor Ashrof enter the room... 

"Jinyoung shi! ??? Is it!  Is that's how you call people in Korea??... Wait tst... What I'm going to say was... Your conditions are find!!! Your baby is okay, she's one an adventures kid I can tell.. Through rough time even in womb.... I'm impress "

 

~•~

Jackson help me to get in his car after I've been discharged from the hospital... 

" Jackson..... Can I follow you back to your home? "

Jackson who struggle with the seat belt came to a halt, he look at me with a are you sure looks and I nod my head.. 

For 2 days I've been leaving with Jackson... Jackson doesn't leave here for too long In LA.. He said in just another 6 months he will be flying to Sydney...his second home other than Hongkong.... He already leave there for quite awhile maybe if I not mistaken he already been leave there for 5 years... 

About Mark?  I don't know how's his conditions are right now... He didn't even bother to find me or calling me.. And I take that's as.. I am already been gone from the picture... 

I told Jackson about an envelope that I found..since he's a lawyer I ask his help to help me dig about all the thing I don't understand about the contain? And I prepare what else did Mark hide from me... My missing puzzle! 

Work? I don't go to work.. I only shown my face and work for a couple days before I ask a sick leave... 

I want my baby to feel safe.. Not to feel pressure about all of this messed and the misunderstanding..i look at the clock when it shows already 4 pm. Jackson will be home and I prepare what will I find from his investigation... 

For now, I busy myself by reading my email inside my phone. Slowly I swipe it, delete it if not that important..but when I found 1 hidden message that already been sent to me months ago and it was from Youngjae.. I look at the date, then I remembered. It's the time where I first took Youngjae home to my... I mean Marks place.. I open them and read what's he sending

" Jinyoung hyung..theres is something you don't know I need to let you know.. I can't contain it inside me anymore. It's like eating me from the inside. 

I am glad you are happy but deep down I know you're hurt. I can't stand to bare the look on your face.. Now I'm gonna tell you something 

So you remember the time back in JYP university? Why were you Been kick out that easily.. It's Marks action. I feel that you won't believe me but I'm gonna said it anyway. 

Mark stole your paper work back then. That time I was going to call you because the lecture ask me to do so. When I search for you everywhere, I notice you were at the library with Mark! So I went there. I was going to approach you two but suddenly you stood up and went to another direction. I want to run to you but my eyes caught something...

I was standing behind the shelve a few meters away from your sitting place. I saw Mark took something inside your file and snapping a picture of your note book. I'm not convince at first but before I could process everything I was been pin down by Mark! He hurt me and threaten me if told you.. 

I want to tell you on that day but I was afraid.. I don t want to let your face down when all I see was a cheerful face on you.. But now I think it's already too late..  You engage to him. And I can't do anything but to tell you right now by sending my word in email but not face to face because I'm afraid of Mark!! 

I hope you understand... I never want to hurt you, that's why i let myself hurt them letting my friends get hurt. 

I'm sorry please forgive me... 

It's all marks work that making you loosing your future back 5 years ago...  "

~•~

 

" Jinyoung you ready "

He ask me and I nod my head 

" eat your food first, my niece needs her meal.. Everything is organic. She will be strong as a horse " (Oh Jackson with his organic food😂😉- authornim)

I scowl under my breath but I ate them anyway since he's a sweet man.. 

After a while I already finish my food so does Jackson.. He clean up the table and pulled a thick envelope out from his work bag.. And put them on the table. 

I only eyed it with and interesting looks. Jackson tore the lid and slide eyerthing out. Slowly he arranged them on the table.. After that he pick the first paper and let me see it.. 

" want you see right now it could be private and classified...because the company has the power to lock every data or information for other to know.. Only the people who work there know what's going on.. "

I listen what he said and I nod my head. 

" what I hold right now is an agreement paper to a new land, property or even a house. I found it base on the paper you have found. What I dig was, the property and land that speard for thousand, hundred thousand acre was from Europe, and Asia. Mark bought that property is for sale or for rent. Who ever bought that it or interested in it have to pay 50% of their financial company. The land was only for business.. Who ever open a business on that property will have to pay 50% of their monthly gross... "

" what! I don't understand.. " but Jackson lift his hand up letting me to stop and hear what he said. He pull another paper and show me 

" you see this statistic, bar charts... It is the company financial growing up 4 years ago since Mark took place of Mr Tuan... Before, when Mr Tuan was incharge their financial only flow like a flowing water.. Never goes up and never goes down! "

Jackson then turn to another paper 

" when Mark took the swore in behalf of Mr Tuans retirement he swore to run the company but change the rules and the mission and vision the company.. I don't know why he does that but want I found will shock you.. "

Jackson arrange all three paper on the table 

" swearing paper and changing the rules, statistic of the Company financial and the deed to every land and property... Mark bought the land for who ever wanted to open their own business or company on that land open for all worldwide traders. In return the company who was build on that land will have to pay 50% of their monthly gross to mark as a promise that the Tuans Corp will assure that 50% will be the company back door to escape if there a problem like bankrupt.. That's why the statistic was going high than before during Mr Tuan was in charge..what I learn Mr Tuan only provide who ever wanted a help from the Tuans Corp. Mr Tuan never ask anything back from the company he has helped. He only ask by making a partnership with that company meaning if the company owner die or in trouble Mr Tuan will always be there for help because he has the power to operate the company. basically Mr Tuan is a hero.. He help who ever in needs. If you don't believe me look at JYP university as example. The university never have any trouble instead the Tuans Corp always provide anything to the school necessity..."

My brain was like going to explode.. I had to close my eyes to digest the word slowly.. 

" you mean Mark abusing the company power? "

Jackson look at me with a satisfied look 

" good question "

He picks a paper list of Marks debit card 

" you see this, what did you see? " he ask me.. But I was froze. I don't know 

" Mark was a when money is around His pocket! The list you see was his spending before he start the expedition exchange student. Hmm.. I think I know why he join the expedition because his father force him to. "

Papa force Mark to study but why? 

" it was like this Jinyoung let me tell you a story! Mark was a spender with no limit. He bought what I mean everything I said everything he sees. A new car yes, a new house yes... Latest phone yes.. He bought everything.. With that money.he drunk, he goes to party, he quit school at the age of 17! Mark knew that no matter what, school or no school his goal is to take the company. Mr Tuan learn that his son was uncontrollably.. He cut the account. Thats why the list stop on the date 3 days before the expedition. With a promise Mark had to finish his study or the company will fall on Mr Tuans friend. "

" w-when you said that Mark quit school, how can he suppose to study he doesn't have any clue! "

" A-ha! That's where I need you to see that for yourself! Why he choose you? To be close to you? Who are you actually? What are you to that school? "

I don't understand! Why Jackson suddenly ask me that? I don't have a clue why mark choose me, why did he close to me. I'm just an ordinary kid who commit myself to the school.... 

Now I know what Youngjae said! 

" Mark took a short cut isn't it? " 

Jackson blow a heavy breath 

" I know what you feel Jinyoung..Mark only choose the most Smartes person in the school to be his friend or even girlfriend.. 6 school we have been trough..6 girlfiend already been dump.. And you..are you asking why you? And why suddenly he propose to you after 3 years of disappear? Are you asking why? "

For what Jackson said, my tears flow down my cheeks. For this time I thought Marks was my bestfreind, but he does that for a cost! His precious company! 

" Jinyoung why don't you call your parents and ask them what is Marks deal to them when your parent said the business already been share with the Tuans Corp? "

And I did what Jackson had said! I call my dad and he answer 

Jinyoung!!

Dad! 

Jinyoung it's already so long you never call us!  How are you? 

I'm find Dad but I need to ask you? 

go on! 

what is the deal you made with the Tuan Corp? 

that's very usual thing to ask.. But My friend Raymond said that he will help taking care the company during your school years back at JYP! All the time I've been ask his help and he agree. For months Raymond gather his employees having a meeting about trading, making a share with us. But there's a change? Mark took place and he ask half of our business financial. I don't understand at first but he said it was for our good company! As a help if there's something wrong happen? 

I had to closed my mouth to contain my shaking breath for my dad to heard. So it's true! 

as far as I can see there nothing wrong happen but our products has less and less to sell. The shipment company refuse to make a shipment for our product to sent to Japan and China! I don't know but me and your Mom is working hard since then. 

I don't know what has posses mark to do such a cruel thing. How could he

Jinyoung are you okay? 

im-I'm fine 

OK then? When will you come back? 

soon dad soon! Tell mom that I love her and I love you Dad! 

I said and I turn of my phone! 

" Do you believe me now? Who's the wrong in this family! He refuse to pay anything even the shipment company! You know there's a new hotel has been open somewhere in europe. I don't know what's the name  but in just a few weeks of operating they shut down! All lawyer accros the globe been asking why is it like that even I was trying to find the answer but it was mystery?! I devote myself to find the missing link and..."

Jackson slide a news paper nearing me. I read it 

New Hotel in Europe was mysterious shut down in just a few weeks operating. Under the surveillance of the the biggest Name Tuans Corp,they said they has nothing to do with this?? 

I lift my head wanting to ask him what it means? 

" The hotel was under the surveillance of Tuan Corp. In just a few weeks operating, the hotel refuse to pay the 50% profit and immediately the hotel was shut down by the Tuan corp itself.. You know how powerful that company are right now. Mr Tuan himself never done that, never under the Tuans ancestry never in their record shuting a company down they provide not taking! "

" But why? Does Mark doing this? I still don't understand? "

I said and then Jackson suddenly pull a picture from the envelop. The same picture I saw back then 

" Do you know who is this? "

That's the lady I saw at Marks office. So I nod my head

" she's Natalie! She's suppose to be Marks girlfriend! She was born under an unstable family background. Her mom was been beaten to death and her father was a drunk addict. Before her mom pass away, she manage to rescue Natalie when she was only 5. Since then Natalie was been raise under the Orphanage. She's since then never had felt love or being love by anyone. The other children dislike her but I don't know why! When she was adopted, her adopted parents try to gave everything for her, they love her they cherish her like there own even though they cant gave any rich expensive thinks for her. When Natalie grew and started highschool, theres where she met Mark! They instantly click and Mark gave everything for her. Did you see the list? What he spend was all hers! Natalie not just grew into a beautiful teenager but her heart grew cold! She become rouge. She ran away from the people who raise her just to be with Mark! She didn't tell Mark about her side of the story but instead Mark told his story to her. She learn that Mark was a descendent of a very rich Family. They both quit school.all because of Mark has that kind of Money under his hand. They can leave without education and survive the world because of that Money! When Mr Tuan sent Mark to the expedition, she too said the same and she flew away to another country to pursue what she has left. Mark never forget her so does she. It's kinda odd like when you say your vow during a wedding! to hand and to hold! To sickness and health till death do us apart! I new Mark gonna purpose to her. Because he had this... "

Jackson show the empty ring box and slide it toward me on the table

" recognise the box? What you wearing right now! Suppose to be hers! "

My eyes lid up looking at the ring

" Natalie didn't make it. I accidentally heard their conversation that night back at JYP dorm! Natalie said she won't coming back to Mark! Mark was broke thats why he turn to you! You take a good care of him Jinyoung! You love him. You stay by his side no matter what! Mark has a feeling for you. Care to explain all the gift he gave to you. Mark change on that day when Natalie said her final word to him. Before, he didn't care about you, he make a game to finish his school quickly by making a short cut.  after, he committed, he went back to you even though you already been kick out from school, he learn something from you. Study his way out by himself. But, Natalie came back! She call me and claim Why Mark never called her,  basically she's the one who ended their relationship. But Mark didn't bother to call her when I told him that night. That's where I knew he care for you. I saw what happen during graduation, the time on the bleachers. I want to jump and said congratulation to both of you but when I saw her return I sense there's something not right. She did return and beg Mark to take her back and he did. 3 years they together and Mark wanting to show her to his parents. But Mr Tuan know who she was. He claim Natalie as a gold digger, making Mark to spend all his fortune for her. Mr Tuan cast her away from Mark unknown where he sent her! Mark was lost and there was where he turn to you! That's what explain the purposing because he can't purpose to Natalie. He use you Jinyoung to mend his broken heart and defeat.he seek a shield from you. When he learn the location on where Natalie was, he flew to Europe to meet her there. Explain why his disappear uninformed. You don't know where he was. Mark did bring Natalie back to LA unnoticed from Mr Tuans eye. Because Mr Tuan Only has his eyes in your relationship Jinyoung. Mr Tuan was blind to see the truth. Mark was smarter and he use you as his true intentions! "

" if Mark truly love Natalie, why he still keeping me? Why he drag my parents like he drag me?! " I argue. Jackson gave a new paper to me 

" that was recently! An expansion of Tuan Corp name was spreading all over Korea and reach to Japan, China and Taiwan since your dad Make the agreement with him. Jinyoung you have to understand Money can make people blind. He crave for money to spend for her. The deed I show you! Mark bought a land not just to be sell to other company or any trader in the world he intended to build a grand mansion in Europe for her!.  He kept you because of your family business. Your dad said the product has spread all over Japan and China! When your dad told you the shipment refuce to make any business with your dad, that because I am the one who block the agreement! When I learn all of this I can't barely to see your parents to suffer at the end. If your dad continued to provide the product all over Korea, Japan, China and taiwan. The profit will not be own by your family but to Tuan Corps itself . What your dad had provide will be own under the name of Tuans Corp. If your family product spread all over Asia, the Tuans Corp will be vast. If Mark succeeded he will be the most powerful man in Asia. Nothing can stop him. Money is all his. If you still here being that shield for Mark, being that unofficial fiancee that would never happen, Mark would get away with this easily. Mr Tuan wouldn't even notice. Make a choice Jinyoung 

Make a choice!!! " 

 

 

A/n I think a few of you would understand all the business talk over what I had written up there... I'm am so sorry if I confuse any one of you... I hope I can explain it better when the next chapter came... Until next time..... Bye