The thing on my cheek

Jinx

Your POV:

I managed a weak smile. "Hi."

I picked up the towel from my lap and dabbed my wet face, before wiping the mascara that ran down my cheeks.

I then turned my back from him.

I took out a compact mirror from my wet tote bag and quickly reapplied my makeup before turning back.

I can't let anyone see what was on my cheek .. that painful memory.

When I was drying my hair with the towel, a hot coffee can was shoved under my nose.

"Drink while it's hot."

I put down the towel and took the can without taking my eyes off Junhyung.

"Komawo (Thanks) , Junhyung oppa." I flashed a beam at him before struggling to open the can.

 

Junhyung's POV:

I saw everybody staring at a spot and the cafeteria was silent.

I squinted and tried to see what was happening.

Just then, I heard a slap and before I knew it, a girl ran towards the exit.

Silky blonde hair.... Hyeya.

I quickly got out of line when I spotted a blue pail being situated on top of the cafeteria door.

It was too late, and everyone knew it.

Water splashed all over Hyeya and the doors closed.

Instead of running after her, I went to the nurse's office and asked for a towel.

After getting it, I got a hot coffee can from a vending machine and quickly ran out of the school and found Hyeya sitting on the bench outside.

"Hey, Jinx. Need a towel?"

I threw the towel on her lap before she  could reply.

After eyeing me, she smiled weakly and managed a "hi."

I leaned on my hands on the bench and looked up to the sky while she dried herself.

While she was drying her hair, I gave her the can.

"Komawo, Junhyung oppa."

My eyes widened. Oppa?

Seeing her struggling to open it, I snatched the can and sighed loudly before helping her open it.

After she finished drinking it, I decided to walk her home.

"It's okay Junhyung-ah. You don't need to do all these for me, really. We just met not too long ago too.." She glanced at me and told me.

 

Your POV:

"It's okay Junhyung-ah." I started reasoning out why he shouldn't bother so much about me.

I mean, I am a jinx after all. I wouldn't want him to get tired of catching me from falling.

I won't want to lure my bad luck to him too. I can live with it myself.

"It's good to be strong, but sometimes you need a knight in shining armor to save you, don't you think?" He grinned and stood up.

"Come on, let's go quickly." He added.

I asked about the pink towel.

"Just leave it here." He winked and replied.

Fine, whatever. 

My clothes are still damp and they are sticking to my skin. It wasn't comfortable because my clothes are tight enough and if I'm not careful, my mini-skirt would flip up if I walk too big a step.

I stood up and started to walk, but an aching pain stung my left ankle.

I winced and my knees fell to the floor.

Junhyung sighed loudly and ruffled his hair.

There's something seriously wrong with this dude, I'm hurt and he doesn't even care?

I tried to stand up again but the pain was too much.

I fell back on the floor on my . Biting my lips, I decided to just stay in that position till tomorrow morning or something.

Just then, Junhyung bent down and semi-squatted  in front of me.

Giving me an irritated face, he used his thumb to indicate a "get on" sign.

Though I was surprised, I couldn't reject.

I mean, this badass bad boy is offering me a piggy-back ride. I've never, in my life, rejected a piggy-back ride. It's super fun!

I kneeled slowly and got on his back before wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Next time , wear shorts." He said and stood up.

I hope the skirt won't rip..

His back felt incredibly warm . I wrapped tighter and rested my head on his shoulders.

"Fell again huh, Jinx?" He smirked.

I nodded and closed my eyes. I told him wearily the address of my house and he walked towards the direction.

"Junhyung-ah, why don't we take the bus?" I asked upon realization.

"Now why didn't I think of that?" He chuckled and walked towards the bus station.

"I'm heavy right?" I joked.

"Your weight got nothing on me , Jinx." He grinned.

I didn't even mind when he called me Jinx. I guess the name just fits me.

He glanced at me before asking "Where are your friends?"

My mouth parted slightly but nothing came out of my mouth.

I managed to sputter a word. "She's gone."

Without realising, my hands reached my cheek and touched the hidden-by-makeup-ugly-thing on my face.

I quickly wrapped it around his neck tightly.

"UghhhhskugLIUOHS you're choking -- me-- " Junhyung stuttered.

Whoops. I relaxed my arms and laid my head back down on his shoulders.

"Migrated?" He asked curiously.

HAH. I wish.

He saw me not replying and he didn't say anything more.

We reached the bus station and was just in time for my bus.

I waved my goodbye to him and boarded the bus without looking back.

By tomorrow, everything will be normal again. Junhyung will stop talking to me since he's already quite popular around the girls as well as guys. He might probably even join Kikwang.

And I will be alone.

I daydreamed about Kikwang the whole ride home.