Acknowledgements

Language & Lyrics

This is not a part of the story.

 

Just some words from the author. Where do I begin?

First things first, if you have read every word of this work, I cannot express my gratitude enough. Thank you for putting up with the quirky writing and I hope it was an enjoyable read. If, you did not enjoy it, please don't say anything. I'm soft. My feelings hurt easily. But then again, you wouldn't end up here. So, if you're reading this, a massive thank you goes to you! Drop a comment or a pm, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I started this about a month ago, the first outline was written on 24 April 2017 and I wanted my timeline to be as accurate as possible as the activities of the boys but with Kyuhyun's enlistment announcement, it threw my plans off-course. So my new challenge was to fit as much plot as I could given the minimal time frame. I tried to keep it as realistic as possible but I'm quite sure some scenes were stretching it.

Just like our dear protagonist, I do not believe in falling in love at first sight, fate and soulmates. I like the idea of it, but the logical part of my brain just rejects the whole idea. 

I'm sure everyone has an opinion on the ending. What's the status between our two leads? Are they together? I'd say I'd leave it to interpretation of each reader but I''d like to quote myself if it's possible.

Having a label doesn't guarantee that the relationship will be successful. It doesn't guarantee that there'll be no heartbreak.

On to the characters. I thoroughly enjoyed writing Heechul in this. He was a firecracker and I found myself laughing, smiling and giggling along to the scenes that had him. He just provided the right amount of comedic relief and a touch of heart to the story.

The fact that we don't have many active members currently proved to be an advanatge for me. I did not have to think of personalities and scenes that involved all 11 members. It was already hard enough to make sure they all appeared throughout the piece. Writing Kyuhyun was rather fearful for me, because he fits the idea of my ideal man so much, I was worried I was going to make him completely OOC and morph him into my ideal guy and no longer the Kyuhyun fans recognize. I hope I did him justice.

The OCs. Jung Mina. I would say Jung Mina is very loosely, and I repeat, very loosely, modelled after me. There are certain life events that appeared in the story; me working in an international school, me wanting to be a lawyer at one point in my life, me liking navy blue. But Jung Mina is a lot more vocal and self-assured that I am. Standing up to Kyuhyun, I swear. I'd probably just be in stunned silence around him. 

Hyein and Jieun were based on a mixture of 3 people. 3 very important friends that I have. I know, why didn't I include another character so they had one character each but the three of them share some similiarites that were easy to incorporate into Jieun and Hyein. Mina and Hyein's friendship depicts pretty much the real life friendship I have with these friends of mine. So guys, I know you're reading this. 사랑해!

The writing process was rather tedious. I came down with a fever and had writer's block several times and despite my planning and outlines, I forgot crucial points of the story. One funny story I'd like to share -  I was having s severe writer's block for the final date scene (Yes, Mina claims it's not a date but we know better, right?) I spent the whole day writing my first draft for that chapter but I did not like it at all. After a shower and some dinner, I decided to try my hand at it again and nothing was coming to me. Feeling rather listless, I grabbed my Mac lippie and applied some. And voila, the scene pretty much wrote itself after that. I swear, it's like the inspiration came from the tube. I was amused myself. That was just so odd. So thank you, Mac lippie, for that chapter!

The most difficult scene to put into words? Initially, I thought it was the confrontation scene between Kyuhyun and Mina. It was so hard to write argument scenes without spoiling the feel! And I had to make sure everything made sense. But then I realized the real challenge came when I had to make our lead character realize that despite all her earlier reservations and protests, she was indeed falling for Kyuhyun. Perosnally, I love reading angst. I lean towards heartbreak and heartache and writing scenes about falling in love was just so weird for me. I almost tore my hair off for this. And no, the lipstick trick didn't work this time.

And the songs mentioned in this project, they're pretty much all my favourite songs. Yes. that list of songs Hyein gave Kyuhyun. I told you I'm weak for angst and heartbreak. Give them a listen!

This project was a joy to work on and I am sort of sad that it's done. I don't know if I will be writing again anytime soon but I did promise one friend a Haesica one shot but that's still rather tentative. In other news, Super Junior's coming back this year and I am beyond excited.

So we have come to the end of this. Once again, I'm grateful if you have been reading up till here.

Till next time!