Chapter 9

I Will Do Anything For You

“Unnie! Finally I catch up with you!” Bomi said cheerfully as if she meets a friend, but Chorong was surprised

“What the…!” Chorong said in an annoyed tone

“Shut up and walk” Bomi ordered quietly, and on a threatening tone, making Chorong confuse

“Are you ordering me right now, Bom-ah?” Chorong said anger is evident in her voice

“Sorry Unnie, but please just walk” Bomi said as if pleading for her life, making Chorong couldn’t refuse

With a sense of fear, Bomi saw the two men pass beside them and following the line of sight of Bomi, Chorong saw the men and the gun in the belt of one of them.

Bomi felt how Chorong was tense at seeing that, and without saying anything Bomi took Chorong’s hand to let her know that everything would be fine

After a few seconds that seemed eternal, the two men moved away, at least, enough to let Bomi talk quietly

“I will not let them do something to you”

“This must be a joke” Chorong said in a trembling voice, but that didn’t mean that what Bomi said was true… right?

“Are you okay Unnie?” Bomi asked directing her gaze to Chorong, which was looking toward the ground lost in her thoughts

“This doesn’t mean that I believe you….” Chorong commented “But still… tell me what happened in that future you speak about”

“They try to steal the bracelet… you didn’t let them and you get shot… you die on the spot, when I come to the place… I don’t want to remember that… but it seems that none of that will happen again” Bomi said with a smile, a smile that Chorong loved so much, seemed that bomi was the same as always

But not everything was going to end so simple, and although Bomi expected to be like that, the feeling that something was wrong wouldn’t left her, paying attention to her instinct, she tried to see the two men again, but they were gone, she had lost sight of them, and that didn’t look good, the streets began to get empty and the rain had begun to fall and without warning she felt something at her side.

“You saw it right?…. walk without make a sound” The voice was one that left her completely mute, were the two men, they were with them, and the people walking around didn’t realize anything, one false move and they will be fired but from all that, what mattered was Chorong, Bomi saw her, Chorong’s expression was of terror and Bomi knew that she had to protect her… at any cost.

“Okay…” Bomi answered pulling Chorong more closely and with a movement of her lips saying “Everything will be fine” followed by a smile.

There’s no time to think, Bomi had changed the course of things, at least Chorong wasn’t alone through this, this time, she was at her side and would ensure that nothing bad would happen to her, she had something at her side, people walking occasionally at their side, and with that, seeing a man walking toward them, with her hip, Bomi pushed Chorong towards the man and in just on those seconds the chaos began.

Bomi had pushed Chorong to separate her from the other man who was behind them the one that has no weapon, the only one with a gun was threatening Bomi, Chorong fell on the man and didn’t even have time to react when she heard a shot, people starting crying and screaming around them, Chorong saw one of the men, who had no weapon, run away and at turn to the other man Chorong saw him in shock.

“I didn’t want to do this, you stupid woman…” Without another word the man started running towards the crowd, Chorong’s gaze directed towards Bomi and a loud scream was heard everywhere, it seemed as she listened to the scream in third person, her own scream didn’t felt real, Bomi was on the floor, blood gushing from not knowing where forming a red puddle around.

“It seems that I could make everything change after all Unnie… don’t you think so?” Bomi whispered with a smile, but her pained expression makes it feel false

“No, you were not supposed to be the one… I should be the one, it should be me!” Chorong cried as she knelt beside Bomi, her hand gently the cheek of her love.

“You believe me now… right? Don’t cry… everything… I… made… was for you… because… I love you… Unnie”

“Don’t leave me… Bom-ah… don’t leave me!”

 

It would seem as a nightmare but it wasn’t, Chorong took from her pocket a piece of paper, the note had changed… it didn’t say Park Chorong… but it says Yoon Bomi.