Chapter 7

I Will Do Anything For You

For Chorong, all the following days seemed taken from a fairy tale, she didn’t know how Bomi could know certain things, from knowing when it would rain, at what time the sun would rise again after that, in what time was a good idea to go outside to take a carriage ride without red lights on it… that last thing would be awesome, but Bomi wasn’t too pro to remember those details, but still everything was too strange, too magical, how did she know those things anyways?.

But it wasn’t really important, the moment was special, Bomi behaved as always… no, she behaved better than before, now she was more attentive, more detailed, romantic, she could make the moment special at any time, as simple as it could seems, even if they were sitting in the room watching a movie, Bomi could transform this typical moment in a very special one.

Still, there were moments when Bomi behaved too much affectionate, as if she want to treasure the moment, as if at any moment she would leave her, leave to get away from her.

As for Bomi, all this was because she wanted to enjoy every moment, but still she couldn’t forget what happened, or what would happen, every time she remembered that, she couldn’t escape the thought that she would have to part from Chorong, the feeling was inevitable, even if she had a second chance, she already felt how was to be separated from Chorong in a way that seemed to be forever, and that was still hurting her, even knowing that she would try to stop it, or would try to do it.

The days continued to pass one by one, filling her life with memories at Chorong’s side, beautiful ones, many more than they had done the first time, there was no time to waste, not the least second, but as always, Bomi has doubts, she couldn’t be completely happy, not until they survive to June 21, once Bomi had Chorong in June 22 at her side breathing and happy, just then, she would say that she’s completely happy.

Meanwhile, there was only one more week, Bomi began to feel the pressure and fear, and she need to still hide those feelings from Chorong, didn’t want more discussions like last time, hide them was hard, but not impossible.

“You never take off that bracelet even one day, right?” Bomi asked as she was taking the bracelet with her hand, appreciating the intertwined letters, remembering how she saw the bracelet in the cold hand of Chorong… she had to stop thinking about that, she couldn’t be carried away by the memories, not now.

“Of course, its proof of the promise we made, it’s like an engagement ring, right?” Chorong replied smiling, unaware of the thoughts and fears of Bomi.

“I think… it would have been a better idea to give you a ring… don’t you think? should we change it?” But Bomi felt how Chorong stepped back, leading her to drop the bracelet, when she saw Chorong; she could see how Chorong took the bracele with both hands as she was pouting.

“It’s mine, if you want to give me a ring, you can, but this bracelet is mine and I will not return it to you” She answered in a childish tone, making Bomi smile, well, she had to try, now she need to find another way to have that bracelet, the reason of the problem.

“Okay, it’s yours” Bomi answered still smiling “But I think the ring is a good idea” She continued as she took Chorong’s hand and pulled her to a jewelry store, which was a few steps away.

“Are you serious?” Asked Chorong surprised, Bomi turned to her and smiled more, that was enough to Chorong, Bomi spoke very seriously “It’s like you only want to spend money without reason, the bracelet is enough” Chorong sighed resignedly, she knew she was saying the truth, but once Bomi decided something, no matter how many times she tried to change her mind Bomi would just ignore her.

“It will look cute Unnie; we could ask if they can make a design, one that does partner with the pendant bracelet, sounds good, doesn’t it?” Bomi asked as she called the sales clerk in the jewelry shop, which headed towards them.

“Do what you want Bom-ah, at the end, you will do it anyways, doesn’t matter what I say” Chorong said as she leaned over the glass counter, her dull eyes watching how Bomi and the clerk of the jewelry shop was interacting, exchanges words between the two for some minutes led to the idea that the design would be the same as the bracelet, Bomi made Chorong take off the bracelet for a moment, the clerk took some photos of it and then return it to Chorong.

The ring would take two weeks to be delivered a week later from the fatal date, now Bomi had to plan how to take that bracelet, it was an idea that she had just now, the bracelet was the reason for the thief, getting rid of it would change the happenings, and not having the ring either would be perfect to prevent Chorong to have at the moment something of a value that could attract the thief.

But it would be complicated… Chorong leaves the bracelet ever.

“Bom-ah can you help me with the bracelet?” Chorong asked, Bomi at seeing the bracelet thought of how to fix her problem.

“Sure” Bomi replied with a smile, she took the brooch and closed it slightly, the bracelet eventually would fall.

During the course of the road, Bomi couldn’t help to look back to see if the bracelet had fallen or not, until in a moment she watched as the bracelet fell on the pavement, seeing it fall caused her nostalgia, she couldn’t just let it lost, she should take it and keep it, maybe later she could return it to Chorong, thinking that, Bomi dropped her phone, which cause her to cry inside a little.

“Wait, my phone fell” Bomi said to Chorong as she bent to pick both things, obviously hiding the bracelet with help of the phone.

“You care so much about that phone, but still you let it fell, you’re very interesting” Chorong said mockingly

“It hurt me to see it on the floor, you don’t know how much, my beautiful baby, relax, you have this beautiful cover for occasions like this, you’re safe” Bomi started talking to the phone as she hugged it, Chorong made an expression of disgust and started to walk again, taking advantage of this, Bomi keep the phone and bracelet in the pocket of her jacket.

That night, Bomi got a call, it was Chorong, asking if she had the bracelet, Bomi felt bad about lying to her, but still she said she didn’t have it, after a while Bomi had to make Chorong understand that she wasn’t angry, and wouldn’t make another scene like the last time, they say their goodbyes.

The days continued passing, the clock still ticking, and Bomi started to feel nervous, even though she knew that the bracelet wasn’t a problem anymore, she still was afraid that something would change.

And as she thought, something would change.

“Lately you know when will rain and when not!” Chorong said as she was running away from the water.

“I’m not a fortune teller Unnie, the last time was lucky!” Shouted Bomi in response, the truth was that she had forgotten, that day they hadn’t left her apartment, and even Chorong had slept there, she didn’t remember it had rained all afternoon.

“I thought I had a girlfriend with super powers or something like that, you disappoint me” Chorong said laughing, causing Bomi to run faster and hold her for the back.

“Stop bothering me and cover your head” Bomi said as she took off her jacket and put it in Chorong’s head.