Chapter 8

I Will Do Anything For You

“You’re always saving me from the rain; you think that you won’t catch a cold because you’re stupid or something like that?” Chorong asked smiling, but at the same time flushed because of how caring Bomiis.

“Unnie just accept my gestures of love without asking” Bomi replied as she took Chorong by the waist to make her run faster.

After being surprised by the rain, Bomi decided it was better idea to leave Chorong at her home; it was at that moment that her only mistake would cause the biggest problem… Bomi forgot her jacket, which contained both the bracelet and the note, you may call her silly, but there were two things that she wouldn’t forget to carry, they meant a lot to her, but what would cause serious damage was the note.

“She forgets her jacket…” Chorong said to herself, Bomi had make her run to her house because it was still raining very strong, such hurry that they forgot about the jacket, Chorong take it off and embrace it, not caring if it’s wet, the jacket still retained the smell of Bomi, a scent that she would like to smell all the time “Maybe I should wash it… sound good” She told herself as she walked toward the laundry, but something caught her attention when was checking the pockets, she felt something metallic “The bracelet… Bomi said she didn’t have it… she wanted to give me another lesson?” She asked to herself with a smile, she also felt a piece of paper.

She took the paper from the pocket, which was folded in four, at first she was going to leave it how it was, but curiosity was greater, carried away by it, she began to unfold the paper until it was fully opened, her expression was summarized on surprise, in the headline was announced a murder, and as she read the note, her name was written as the victim…

“What… What is this?”

To be joke was cruel, what kind of game wasBomi thinking?… this was strange, even as a joke, talking about someone murdered her, having a note like this, it was bad, Chorong was angry, upset, whatever it was she needed an explanation, is this the way Bomi thought about her?… what did this mean?, she doesn’t understandanything at all, but she took a decision, talk with Bomi, she need to give her an explanation, and that explanation need to be very convincing, because she wouldn’t support things like this.

Meanwhile, Bomi watched her calendar, the next day would be June 21, and didn’t imagine the problem that was coming; one that could cause the whole plan to fell down.

“What’s the meaning of this?”

Chorong’s voice was scary, hearing her in that way Bomi felt a shiver run through her body, worst was the sensation of that shiver what she saw on the table, the note, that stupid piece of paper with the bad news, her surprised expression was enough for Chorong, that note wasBomi’s and she wanted to know what was the meaning.

“Unnie… it’s not what you think” Bomi answered with a dark tone, a half smile in her face at the time she watched the paper and was reading the headline “I hope you’re not angry at to the point you won’t  listen to what I have to say”

Bomi’s look was dark, sad and tired, it was the kind of expression that can make you feel bad just seeing it, if it wasn’t for that expression, Chorong would have walk away without saying anything more, a scene she wouldn’t mind to do in the cafeteria in where they had say they will meet that day.

“Then, what’s meaning of this? If it’s a joke, it’s not even funnyBom-ah” Said Chorong as she sat in front of Bomi, she was angry and didn’t look away of Bomi at any second

But instead of hearing an instant response, she watched how Bomi took a deep breath and let it go slowly, her eyes never leaving the paper, observing more closely, Chorong noticed how Bomi’s hands began to shake uncontrollably, not only her hands, her shoulders were trembling, looking up, she noticed that Bomi was watching her, that look she had seen once, that day she found her in her apartment in that state, then, Bomi had lied, something else happened that day, something she suspected existed, but chose to ignore and forget.

“It’s not a jokeUnnie, this is not a joke” Bomi’s voice was shaking, a lump in formed and tears started to come from her eyes “I… I saw you, that day, we parted, we were going to see each other later, I come back to you, it was too late, something happened, they tried to steal, all for that bracelet”

It seems Bomi said incomprehensible things, Chorong didn’t understand all that babbling, she said it so fast that Chorong only reached to understand parts of what Bomi spoke, thief, bracelet, murder… in short, Chorong had been killed, it was silly, crazy, she couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“You know what? I’m out of here, Bom-ah, you’re not yourself” Chorong started to walk away, but for Bomi’s bad luck, it was the day, it was the time they had separated, it wasn’t a good idea to leave Chorong alone, no, not yet, she didn’t have the bracelet with her, but still…

“Wait, don’t go, you can tell me whatever you want, but don’t go, don’t leave me, Unnie” Bomi said in a desperate attempt to stop Chorong, her whole plan to stay calm had gone down, her calm didn’t exist, just panic and fear, Chorong felt strange of how bomi acted, even more than she already was acting, and couldn’t help but feel the urge to get away from her.

“Let me go” Said Chorong scared as she was trying to make Bomi let her go “This note, your hallucinations with that bracelet, well, you don’t have to worry anymore, I will get rid of it”

Bomi’s eyes widened when she saw the bracelet, it was true, she was silly, and thebracelet was with the note, why she didn’t leave that stupid bracelet on the floor? If she has just left that damn bracelet on the floor, all would be alright now

“No… Unnie, please don’t…”

“Don’t come near me, you can’t until you get back to being yourself and not as a crazy woman” Chorong interrupted in a sharp tone, without another word she turned and left the cafeteria

Bomi was left alone, everything had happened so quickly that no one noticed the drama that had happened, but it was not the time to stay without doing something, with shaky legs, Bomi stood from the place and left at all speed, Chorong couldn’t be so far, and without more, a big flashback of memories began to run in her head, it looked as if she was repeating that night, she was looking for Chorong, and she had that feeling that pressed her chest, something was wrong, and she didn’t want to repeat that night, but something told her it would happen again.

Her memories didn’t left her alone at any time, and thanks to that she knew exactly where to go, at some point she could saw Chorong, the brightness of the bracelet was reflected thanks to the light, and you could see that brightness coming out from her fist, walking more fast, Bomi could see that Chorong was almost in the entrance to the place where she was killed, and almost running, she saw two men approaching Chorong, her heart was pounding like crazy, something told her that these were the culprits, she ran towards Chorong, passing the men off and pushing his shoulder, more for anger than anything else, and because of that, she could reach to notice the hidden gun in his belt, Bomi felt fear at seeing the gun, but she could say with a small voice “Sorry” to the man and went to Chorong taking her arm.