Chapter 5

I Will Do Anything For You

A month seems long, but knowing what will happen within that month make it feel like it wasn’t enough, it was a race against time, Bomi should think about how to protect Chorong, the more logical thing to do must to stay with her that day, it was a simple plan, but being with her could make it less dangerous to Chorong, right?

And in any case if someone tried to do something, she would protect her, maybe, have her technics in Taekwondo can help, regardless of what she could plan, she should seize every moment with Chorong, it was impossible doesn’t think that fate will remain the same, and if that would happen, at least now she could prepare for the blow, a blow that could kill her for so much pain she will feel.

Having her time next to Chorong had become her priority, which Chorong realized, it was something strange, but not unpleasant, and hanging with Bomi was pleasant.

“I’ve noticed that lately, you have much free time, you don’t think training is necessary?” Chorong asked as the time she took a small sip from a cup containing coffee, that day Bomi had decided to take breakfast with her at a familiar place for both of them, the cafeteria where they met.

“I have confidence in myself, a part of that, next month I must go to that trip for a week, I want to spend as much time as possible with you, because I will miss you a lot” She replied with a smile, but she can’t help thinking that this trip would never come.

As how had been happening lately, Bomi stayed lost in her thoughts, it had been three days since Chorong found her acting so strangely, but Bomi had told her that it was an act, but still, Chorong though it seemed strange, that expression Bomi had, that pain that she could see in her eyes looked so real, it didn’t look at all like an act.

Reminiscing how she has found Bomi that day made her feel anxious, something wasn’t right, something had changed in Bomi that day and she was sure it had to do with herself, but even though she tried to talk about it, Bomi would looked for some way to change the topic or to explain her again that it had been a simple act and that everything was fine.

“If you say so” Replied Chorong, but as she has already noticed, Bomi was no longer paying attention, it might seem that she was, because was watching Chorong intently, her body was there, but her thoughts wasn’t, sighing heavily, Chorong leaned on the table and stretched her hand to touch the face of Bomi “Are you alright? Do you feel bad?” She asked in a worried way, Bomi at the feel of Chorong’s hand in her face made her stop thinking about those painful memories, and saw the worried eyes of her girlfriend.

“I… I think my head hurts a little” Bomi lied as she looked down, watching her unfinished coffee instead of watching Chorong’s eyes.

She couldn’t help it, you maybe could call it “Trauma”, it was that, she was traumatized, for more that she was trying to forget those moments, she couldn’t, if it was real or not, if she had back in time or not, that hadn’t significance, the pain she felt was real.

She had changed, that event or dream had changed her, she never thought about death, maybe about her own death, die in her sleep being an old woman was her idea of a perfect dead, but in any case, she saw Chorong at her side on the last moments of her life, she had never thought about Chorong leaving her so early, less in a situation like that, but now that she knew about that possibility she couldn’t stop thinking about it, seeing Chorong’s face make her remember how she found her in that Alley… it was inevitable to remember.

“Bom-ah… honestly, I noticed how strange you are on those past days, I know something is happening and you don’t want to tell me, I don’t know what could be, but I can see that it isn’t because you’re sick” Chorong was now at Bomi’s side, she had noticed that lately Bomi remained lost in her thoughts when she was watching her directly into the eyes, so she tried something different, she leaned on Bomi’s shoulder and took one of her hands waiting for her to finally explain what was happening.

“It’s nothing Unnie… really” Bomi said after a few moments, although deep her she want to share her experience to Chorong, she would take her like a crazy or it would be very uncomfortable, she couldn’t just say to her that she saw how she was dead because a thief shoot her trying to steal the bracelet.

But Chorong felt helpless, she noticed that Bomi was suffering, and for something which she couldn’t help her, she didn’t  know what was happening to her, the impotence of seeing everything as if she were just another person made her feel bad, it was like if Bomi let her out of her life and it was something that she hated.

“It’s enough!” Chorong shouted as she stood, the eyes of the people on the couple, surprised by the sudden action that broke the tranquility of the place “I thought we would share everything between us, even the difficult times, but you just shut it like this? Do you thought about me? How I feel watching you like this? stop being so selfish!, if you will continue like this, is better if you stay away from me and come when you’re ready to talk about what happened to you”

Chorong didn’t wait for Bomi’s response, she took her bag and left the place without even stopping to see the surprised expression of Bomi, for more that Bomi would like to run after her, she could understand why Chorong reacted like that, she might had done something similar to be honest, but she couldn’t tell her what was happening, and couldn’t pretend happiness when she can’t forget those scenes.

Meanwhile, Chorong has gone at high speed, at each step she hoped for Bomi’s hand stopping her advance, but it didn’t happen, Bomi wasn’t following her and was walking all alone through the streets, she took the bracelet tightly, and tears started to come one by one, she has been a fool, she had to wait for Bomi to feel ready to talk, maybe it was something really delicate to just talk about it so easily, or maybe it was something that Bomi felt no need to tell her, she should wait a little more, and not just let her feelings speak on that way.

But now it was done, and her pride was big, more than she wanted, which didn’t allow her to turn back and apologize, she approached the side of the road and stopped a taxi, she wanted to go home as quickly as possible, wandering around the city feeling sad wouldn’t solve anything and return to where Bomi is isn’t an option either.

Bomi smiled bitterly at what had happened, the plan was to spend as much time as possible with Chorong, and now they had discussed, at least she should have tried harder to hide her insecurities and avoid Chorong to felt that way.

At the end, always when they fight, Bomi followed Chorong and stopped her apologizing or maybe spoke with her managing to make her understand her mistake, but this time she had just let her go.