Chapter Two

Unconditionally Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

Dangerous Bet

 

I feel something weird inside me. Like there’s a hole inside my heart and it cause me pain. I’m trying to busy myself by study but it doesn’t work well. I have no one to talk face to face since Insung oppa is busy with his task. I really want to talk to someone. I know I already have many friends but .. I’m afraid they won’t listen to me because we’re not close enough.

 

Someone nudge me, and I’m coming back to reality.

 

“What happened to you? Is there something wrong?” Jiwon whispers to me, since we’re inside the library. I smile at her and shake my head.

 

“But you’re so quiet today, so not you.” She looks at me with worry. Omoo, we barely know each other for few weeks but she already knows me well. Maybe Jiwon is the best one to talk to.

 

“I’ll tell you later.” I say, but she quickly turns her head hand move near to me.

 

“TELL ME NOW!” She jumps excitedly on her chair, and I laugh with her reaction. “I can’t it’s not the right place.” Jiwon puts her hand on her chin, seems try to think hard about something.

 

“Can I guess it? Or can you tell me the keywords? I think I’m going to die because of curiosity now.” Well, she’s not giving up. Keywords? Okay I will tell her if she wants.

 

“I broke up with my boyfriend. That’s the clue.” I put my index finger in front of my lips. Jiwon’s mouth make an “O” shape and she looks down. Her expression is the same as a child who’s being scolded because of stealing a candy. I laugh at her and say everything is alright.

 

“I’m sorry and I’ll be waiting for your story.” She makes an “okay” gesture and continue to pay attention to our lecture.

 

An hour later, Jiwon and I walk to canteen. We sit beside the window, we discussed about the food we’re going to order and decided to split job, she’ll order the foods and I’ll buy the drinks. I look at the drink counter and line behind a tall girl in front of me. I look up and decide to drink strawberry juice, my favorite, and pineapple juice for Jiwon.

 

Suddenly, there’s an attack from my back. Someone trying to fit in to the line. I’m being pushed to the side, and prepare myself to kiss the floor. But, no. It doesn’t happen. A pair of arm hold me upper arm, and steadying me on my feet.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” I bend my body low to express my gratitude for the help, and when I look at the face of my savior .. I shocked. It’s the hot dimple sunbae. He smiles at me and I reply it timidly. I never think there’s another chance to meet him one more time.

 

He glances to the people behind me, I look at him and his eyes .. are different. I’m a little bit scared of it. The line moves forward and I take a step and I feel my leg in pain.

 

“Are you okay?” The dimple sunbae still standing beside me and without asking he holds my arm. I feel so many stares pointed to me. Especially from the girls around me. My oh my, I never want to have any relation with someone who’s considered as handsome and being adored just like a hot guy beside me. Slowly, I pull my arm from his gasp and tell him I’m okay. I don’t want to have any enemy in my college year. Being away from my mother’s already hard. I can’t afford if another problem come. I order my drinks and pay it. I take the first bottle, and when I reach out for the second bottle someone stop my action and take the bottle.

 

I look aside and found Hyunbin sunbae smiles at me. I blink for a few times, and trying to control myself. Duh, screw your handsome face.

 

“Let me help you to walk.” He said while he grabbing my arm. I feel my jaw drops, and I swear … I swear I hear some girls’ voices grunting or growling. I’m doomed. This man already drags me away to the direction of my seat. Eh? I never told him where I seat. I think he’s way too kind. Well, I wanna tell him that I don’t need his help but my leg says different. I need help.

 

“Uh….thankyou for your help sunbae.” I say. I see Jiwon’s eyes almost popping out from its place, but she recovers fast. She hurriedly runs her hand toward me and help me to seat. Both Jiwon and I bow to him.

 

“Just be careful next time, Hyekyo.” He chuckles later put his hand on my head, later mess up my hair and walk away. I do feel my heart beat increase. I feel my cheek getting warm, it’s going to be red. Ohnooooo. How can he know my name? I quickly sit down, and open the cap of my juice and sip it. My heart thumping erratically, and I’m trying to control it.

 

“Song Hyekyo?” I hear Jiwon’s voice.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Your explanation please? Eh, nu uh explanationsssss. You owe me 2, your ex and….” She glances to Hyunbin sunbae’s table “…him.” I roar, and playing my bottle cap nervously.

 

“Well, I don’t even know he’s there. I swear!” I hate Jiwon and her mischievous smirk now.

 

“He helped me! I’m being pushed from the line, and he caught me! I even sprained my angkle.” Still, I can wipe off that naughty smirk. I kick her under the table and she laughs.

 

“I did some research about him you know?” Jiwon continues to tell me about the information that she got. Hyunbin sunbae is one of the famous student at school, he is smart, kind and cool. His physical appearance? No need to ask! He placed second best from the voting.

 

“Second best?” I ask. With face like his, I wonder who’s the one in the first place.  

 

We continue to chat, and eat our brunch. I tell her about Wonbin and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter