Chapter Six

Unconditionally Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

Accident

 

Priiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttt

 

Taehyun sunbae blows the whistle and the match start. Kyungsoo dribbles the ball and trying to get out from Ah-in’s guard. I look at Jiyoung who’s in her “just ignore me” mode and I decide to guard Joongki sunbae. I take a few step near him, set the position of blocking. Kyungsoo definitely will pass the ball to Joongki sunbae.

 

Kyungsoo does a trick and Ah-in failed his guard on him. Reflect, I move in front of Joongki sunbae and stretch my hand to my back, form a cage for prevent sunbae take the ball. Kyungsoo, again being block by Hyunbin sunbae, both of them struggle to get the ball. The man behind me running back and forth, to side to side, trying to escape from my guard.

 

“Nice try hoobae, but I won’t let you win.” He does a sudden spin and I lose my guard on him.

 

“Kyungsoo-yah!” He shouts. Kyungsoo passes him the ball when Hyunbin sunbae lows his guard to look at Joongki sunbae. In flash, Joongki sunbae pass Ah-in, and me in incredible speed. He shots the ball inside the arc. It goes in.

 

1-0. I look up to the scoreboard. Wow! In 3 on 3, every successful shot inside the arc is awarded 1 point, behind the arc is 2 points

 

He does a high five with Kyungsoo and send me a wink. I frown and roll my eyes, he laughs at my act. Such a flirty and all people in here said he’s totally cool. Meh.

 

I take the ball under the basket and passing it to Ah-in who’s standing behind the arc. I quickly run to free space and Ah-in pass the ball to me. Joongki sunbae try to block it but he failed. I get the ball and start to dribble the ball and try to attack. Jiyoung try to block me by slapping my hand. It’s a foul, but I let it go. She failed to steal the ball from me anyway. I shot the ball but it touch the outer ring and bounce back. Luckily, Ah-in moves fast. He takes the ball and shoot again.

 

1-1! I look back at Joongki sunbae’s direction and stick my tongue out. Serve you right.

 

“Niceee Yoo Ah-in!” I compliment him. Ah-in and I do the high five! Everyone cheer us from the tribune, since it’s the last match, everyone watch it. I also feel the flash light of the camera. The girls .. well I don’t know they cheer up for Joongki sunbae or Hyunbin sunbae.

 

The score now 10-15. My team lost 5 balls from Jiyoung’s team. Ishhh, it’s annoying. I start dribbling the ball after Hyunbin sunbae pass me the ball. Hyunbin sunbae being follow closely by Joongki sunbae. Kyungsoo blocking Ah-in from my sight. My dearest enemy, Shin Jiyoung keep pushing me from behind, trying to take the ball. Well, she’s taller than me and her strength is enough to push me but I have to protect my ball. From my position, I can take a chance to shoot from outer arc. I can add two points for our team.

 

I have no confidence with 2 points shot. Because of my small posture, it’s kind of hard to transfer my power, and control the direction of the ball to the ring. I’m afraid it will be an air ball. Duh. I have to practice more.

 

“Hyekyo, just shoot!” I hear Jiwon’s voice from my left side. Well, it’s worth it to try but, I’m afraid Kyungsoo or Joongki sunbae will take the ball away.

 

Screw it! 

 

I escape from Jiyoung’s grip with a sudden turn and squat down while holding the ball. She loses her balance and I am free. I try to focus and launch the ball with all of my strength. Please, please, please. The ball reach the outer basket but it jumps back. I failed.

 

I hiss for my clumsy action and try to catch the bounce ball. Hyunbin sunbae reaches it first, and slap-dab the ball to my direction. But, it’s out of my reach, I need to jump to get it. I jump as high as I can… next I fall headfirst. I feel my body stick to the cold floor. I don’t know what happen but I can’t hear anything, something ringing inside my head. I try to push it away but something still ringing inside my head. Someone flip me, pull me to sit and a hand hold my back to lean on.

 

I open my eyes, but the light seems so bright. I can’t see, much fog blind my sight. I close my eyes to protect my eyes. Someone keep soft-slapping my cheek.

 

“Why ……… do that!!!???” I hear someone speak, but I can’t hear it clearly. Ah, meolla.

 

I’m tired now, I’m going to sleep.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Slowly, I open my eyes and I see the world is spinning. Again, I close my eyes. A warm towel my right hand, up and down. Once again, I’m trying to open my eyes. I see a familiar figure beside me.

 

“Eomma?” I say with groggy voice. Eomma is here? Wow, what happened to me?

 

“Omooo, thank God, you’re up now! Thank you God.” Eomma says her thank to God repeatedly.

 

“How are you feeling, dear?” Slowly her hand reach my head and caress it. I just shake my head to shoo away the dizziness.

 

“What happen, Eomma?” I ask. At the same time, I see Insung Oppa and Jiwon get in through the door. Jiwon runs and jumps to hug me … gently. Insung Oppa caress my head. They talk but I have no energy to hear them. Eomma say a few words to me but I can’t hear it clearly and he goes outside with Eomma. Jiwon stays with me.

 

“Are you okay Hyekyo? How’s your head?” She looks really worry. I feel so touched, I’m lucky for having

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter