Chapter Eight

Unconditionally Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

Coincidence

 

I enjoy my day as a university student. I’m glad my friends are all good and also my lectures. I have no problem with study and everything, but sometime it’s hard for me to control myself for being homesick. I miss my mom a lot, I called her everyday but still it’s not enough time. Eomma always allows me to come home whenever I want, but I can’t do that. The travel cost from Seoul to Daegu’s a little bit expensive and I don’t want to waste the money like that.

 

Today’s class start on 6 AM. I can’t stop yawning inside the class, it’s so early and Jiwon didn’t make it to the class so she skipped it. I’m waiting for the next class, it’s only 8 AM and the next one is on 10 AM. I still have 2 hours to wait, but I don’t feel to go back to the dorm. So, here I find a nice seat near the fountain near my faculty and get my book from my bag. I take a bite of my sandwich and feel good because the taste is incredible.

 

“Hoooy, Song Hyekyo.” I pull my gaze from the book to see who’s calling me, it’s Ah-in.

 

“Oh, Ah-in, have a seat.” I pull my bag and give him a seat beside me. “Have you had your breakfast? Here..” I hand him one of my sandwich and he accepts it gratefully. “Thank you Goddess Hyekyo, you’re my savior.” We eat together in silence, enjoy the small wind and nice sunshine.

 

“You will come to the sleep over party tonight right?” Ah-in asks me, and I nod my head.

 

“Well, I already paid, I must come.” I take another bite of my sandwich.

 

“Hehe, good, I also think about the same think. What about your friend, Jiwon?”

 

“She also come. 4 PM in front of the club right?” Once again, I ask about the meeting point to make sure the time and the place.

 

It’s Friday and the basketball club held an event to welcome us the newcomers. We will stay in 3 days and 2 nights in a villa. I’m so excited about this event, at least in my weekend will not just end up on my bed in the dorm and have nothing to do. And I also can met Hyunbin sunbae kekeke. Ah-in notices the change of my expression and he nudges my body.

 

“What?” I say.

 

“Actually I’m curious about something, and now I will ask you. Please answer me honestly.” Ah-in set a serious expression on his face and it makes me feel nervous.

 

“What if I don’t want to answer it?”

 

“You can’t! You have to answer me, my dear.” He tap my shoulder and I just shrug.

 

“What is it?” I hope he won’t ask me a weird thing.

 

“Uhhh, you know, actually I’m a great observant .. and you already become my subject since the first time I met you.” Ah-in start his speech and take a look at me to study my expression. I am still calm. “You’re hard to read. I mean your expression, because you always put the same expression to everyone anywhere and anytime.”

 

“You spy me? Hmm. Another secret admire.” I joke at him and he makes a face.

 

“I’m serious, you fool! I’m curious about something ..”

 

“Haha, what?” I ask.

 

“Promise me you will answer.” He lets out his pinky finger, asking me for a pinky promise. I let out a big grin and make pinky promise with him.

 

“Go on, Sir, ask me.” I give him the permission and the promise. He leans in to whisper something to my ear.

 

“Do you like Hyunbin sunbae?”

 

I feel a thunder me, and I’m start sweating. I know my cheek already turn into red right now. I never think Ah-in will ask me about this. I think I already hide my feelings really well. Ah-in smile at me.

 

“Okay, I already know the answer. Thank you for being honest to me Hyekyo.” I feel my jaw drop, so Ah-in already take his own conclusion.

 

“But, I didn’t say anything!”

 

“But, your face show me the answer.” And I blame my face for that.

 

“Ah-in please keep it as a secret. Jaebaaalllll” I beg him and he smiles at me in return.

 

“It’s okay, I will keep this as your secret, but in return .. if you need someone to talk you can talk to me about that sunbae.”

 

After that, I fill the 2 hours of waiting for the next class by telling Ah-in about my ex-boyfriend and also Hyunbin sunbae. I feel so light after I tell someone about this. I never tell Jiwon about my real feeling because I’m afraid she will share it to public because of her high public speaking skill, and also she ships me with Joongki sunbae more.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

I feel so burdened for not telling Jiwon after I told Ah-in about my feeling towards Hyunbin sunbae. After the second class, I take a lunch with Jiwon at the canteen. She almost spit her drink to me when I told her about my feeling to Hyunbin sunbae.

 

“Are you insane? I thought you interested to Joongki sunbae!” I quickly kick her under the table because of her loud voice. Everyone near us quickly take a glance to our direction because of Jiwon’s scream voice.

 

“I never told you, that I like him. He’s handsome, but that’s all.”

 

“Well, yeah, I can’t blame you. Hyunbin sunbae is also handsome, and you knew him first, and you are closer with him than Joongki sunbae” She continues to drink her avocado juice and concentrate with her lunch. I nod my head and play with my straw.

 

“Do you still contact him?” Jiwon asks me out of the blue.

 

“Who?”

 

“Hyunbin sunbae of course. You chatted with him right?” Yeah, I chat with Hyunbin sunbae, but its only because of the obligation to pay for tonight’s event, and I consider it as something not important. He chatted me first, said hello and a little light talk at that time. I feel my heart almost burst when I received his message. Jiwon told me that Minsuk sunbae was the one who contacted her.

 

“I wish its Jingoo sunbae, but well .. I got Minsuk sunbae instead.” We continue our lunch and then come back to our dorm to pack. It’s already 2 PM, and I need to take my laundry from the dry-cleaning room.

 

“Aigoo, what kind of girl you are. You haven’t pack anything, you even still have to get your clothes. Please dress prettily today. We don’t know what will happen tonight.”

 

Well, it’s not the right time to think about wear a pretty dress or something. We’re not going to attend a gala dinner. So, I just ignore Jiwon and her blabber.

 

I walk side by side with Jiwon. Both of us bring a big backpack on our back. In front of our club’s door, there’re already plenty of our members wait there. Jiwon and I quickly join them. I introduce myself to some senior that I just met for the first time. They’re all seems nice, especially the girls.

 

All of the members will ride together with bus. This club has a rule to sit together with the senior, to make us feel close to each other and know one another better. I sit with one of a senior, named Han Chaeyoung. She’s so pretty and loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter