Chapter Seven

Unconditionally Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

Something's wrong

 

I came back to the dorm after one-week bed rest at the hospital. I need to continue my life and my study. Most of the students knew what happened at the basketball court. Everyone asks about my condition and tell me to lean on them. I thank them for that.

 

Jiwon helps me to tidy my bed, and I take a sit on the sheet.

 

“Ah, my scalp’s incredibly itchy. I need to wash my hair, really!” The doctor forbid me to wash my hair with water and regular shampoo to prevent the infection. I used dry shampoo for more than a week, but still … washing your hair without water is still …….

 

“I already ask the doctor and he told me to help you wash. Well, I’m not a nurse, tell me if I did something wrong.” Jiwon drags me to the bathroom and turn on the water heater.

 

“Gomawo, chinggu-ya! Saranghae!” I let out a wide smile, and she snorts and rolls her eyes.

 

 

***

 

Now, Jiwon and I walk together to the library. I need to catch up the class material. Jiwon said we’ve got plenty of task next week. I scratch my head and wonder it’s better to be sick, its free time from task.

 

“Well, I don’t get it why we should do this, Kim Jiwon!” I shout my anger to her.

 

“It’s better than no one work for it.” She shrugs and continue to write down the information that she gets from the book. The assignments are for group, but no one in our group can join to do the assignment. All of them asking for permission for not coming, they said they have a private task from the lecturer. Well, so do I! Classic reason, it’s not the first time I experience something like this.

 

I continue to pout, still have no mood to write at all. That’s why I draw a doodle on my book and humming a cheerful song.

 

“Yah! Help me do it! What are you doing, jinjja Song Hyekyo!” Jiwon slaps my upper arm and I show her my innocent face.

 

“Mianhaeyo, what can I do for you agassi?”

 

***

 

 

Jiwon told me to look up an old book. We have to compare the old regulation with the new one. There’re not so many people inside the central library and that’s great I can surf all the aisle without disturb anybody. I walk to the maze of library and looking for the right one. I type on the computer about the book that I’m looking for and start to hunt it by the code. I’m on the central library there’re thousands of book here and I have to look at it one by one.

 

I’m so proud the book collection in the library is fully equipped until it’s hard to find the one that you want because of the amount.  It’s easy to see the book by my height, but it’s hard to look at the higher. I have to tiptoe-ing myself and almost have a cramp. I already hold 3 heavy books in my hand, and still looking for more.

 

Target locked! I found the book that I look for it’s on the highest part of the board. I look at my surrounding and trying to find a short chair or a ladder to take it, but find none. I let out a sigh. Next, I put down the books on my hand, start tiptoe and stretch my hand to get the book. But well, as I expected I can’t reach it. I try it once again, I did a half jump for now, and still I can’t reach it. WTH, the life of shortie and I won’t give up!

 

I have a thought to climb the board to take the book, but I’m afraid of the CCTV and being weird. Once again, I jump an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter