Chapter Nine

Unconditionally Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9

Pit a Pat

 

 

They move slowly, maybe they feel pity on me so they let me choose who will be the one who take turn to say “I like”

 

I look at the first, and then I look at the second. Both of them stare at me with the same intense gaze, makes me feel eerie under their gaze. I still feel my heart is broken because of Hyunbin sunbae’s confession about girl with short hair .. so unconsciously .. I walk to Joongki sunbae direction. He lets out a fist, and ask me for a fist bump, I smile at him and do a fist bump with him.

 

After that I start to walk to seat on Joongki sunbae’s seat, and Joongki sunbae walks to Hyunbin’s seat. They stand side by side and then Joongki sunbae start to speak.

 

“She chose me. Back off.”

 

Uh .. Am I watching a drama right now? The main character needs to choose between two other main leads. The situation’ so intense. No one move and no one speak. I clear my throat, suddenly I feel the urge to melt this “cold” situation.

 

“Um, sunbae it’s your turn then.” I shout to Hyunbin, and he quickly move his gaze from Joongki sunbae to mine. Skip about the creepy aura. Everyone trying to melt the situation. The game continues for a few rounds until all of us getting tired and take some rest.

 

 

***

 

 

“Yah, yah, yah! Song Hyekyo, lend me your phone!” Minsuk sunbae runs from the living room towards me who just descend from the upstairs.

 

“Ne? What’s it for sunbae?” Slowly I pull out my phone from my pocket, and hand it over to him.

 

“Your phone has a good quality camera, I want to take some photo with it. I will give it back to you later!”

 

“Yeudura, let’s take a photo!” He shouts and vanishes from my sight.

 

I take a seat near Jiwon, join her to have a chat with some of senior. When I join them, their topic is … boys.

 

“So let me know Jiwon-ah, who do you like?” Hyojin sunbae asks. Jiwon’ a free soul type, so she answers the question without thinking twice.

 

“Jingoo sunbae! Hyojin sunbae can you become my match maker? I really like him since I saw him from the first time. Right Kyo?” I nod my head and also shake my head for her braveness. The senior asked us the junior one by one about the person that we “like” and it’s almost my turn. I’m thinking so hard, should I told them that I like Hyunbin sunbae or just keep it as a secret? But I’m afraid of Jiwon and her betrayal mouth.

 

“What about you Hyekyo? Who do you like?” Here it is …

 

“I ……. um, for now .. no one.” One …..lie. Jiwon quickly makes a face at me, and I pinch her a little.

 

“Seriously? No way!!!!” All of them shout together to show their protest.

 

“I am serious. I said … for now.” Now they calm down after I said “for now” words, and continue to ask me to fulfill their curiousity.

 

“So, now you have no one in your heart, but have someone in your mind right? Between the two persons that I’ve mentioned to you this afternoon haha.” Chaeyoung sunbae add the salt in my wound. Again, it triggers everyone to ask me about the first and the second. Some of the junior ask me how can I make a conversation with both of the famous boys.

 

“I did nothing, and they only tease me if you guys want to know. It’s all just rumor, just like you guys I have a convo with the second just because this event, and with the first .. I met him in coincidence.” But, still they don’t believe me and now I really want to escape from this group. It’s a mistake to join them. ARGH. The girls keep the “teasing Hyekyo” activity, and cold sweat start to form on my forehead.

 

“Song Hyekyo, come here!” Minsuk sunbae calls me. THE ANGEL’ VOICE! MY SAVIOR.

 

“I gotta go! Bye everyone!” I quickly stand up and flee from the circle, I hear them protest but I just ignore it and run to Minsuk’ location. He hands over my phone to me and I quickly put it inside my pocket.

 

“Thankyou, Hyekyo, as the payment I give you a present!” He winks one of his eyes, I raise my brow and ready to ask him, but I hear Chaeyoung sunbae’ voice calling for my name.

 

“Minsuk Sunbae, I need to go! Don’t tell them!” No time to spend, it’s better to escape from this room.

 

I’m sitting on the bench near the pool. Soft wind walk passed through me. I look around me and find some of my friend are playing cards with the senior, some of them doing gossip, some of them playing with the ball, some of them … flirting with the senior.

 

I close my eyes, and start to enjoy the night breeze.

 

 

“Psst.”

.

.

“Psssstttt.”

.

.

.

What’s this sound?

“Pssssttttttttttt.”

.

.

.

THIS SOUND’ INDEED NOT NORMAL.

My eyes snaps open and quickly look around me to find the source of the mysterious voice.

 

“Song! Come here.” The voice coming from the under bush, quite familiar but still .. and Song? I stand up from my sitting position and walk slowly to the under bush. And there’s Joongki sunbae squats near the bush, one bread on his hand and the other one patting a puppy.

 

“Uwaa, puppy, it’s cute.” I quickly join him to squat down. I really do like puppy, and this puppy is a cute one, but I think he was being abandoned by the owner. His white fur turned into a dirty one. I pat the puppy’s head, and he’s trying to my hand, and then put it inside his mouth with a light bite. I laugh at it, this puppy’s still a baby, he bites everything.

 

“Give him more bread sunbae!” Joongki sunbae cut the bread into a really small piece and let the puppy eats it. We have no conversation, just squat down and watch the puppy eat.

 

“Do you like him?” He asks, suddenly in a low voice.

 

“Who?” I blurted out unthinkingly. He seemed puzzled by my unexpected answer.  

 

“Do you like him?” Di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter