Chapter Three

Unconditionally Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

man in BROWN SHIRT

 

I received a text, from the basketball team this afternoon. They decided to postpone the welcoming party to weekend. At 6pm, another text being sent. They ask all of the new students to come to the basketball field. We will have a friendly match. Maybe, it’s also for examine our ability carefully.

 

I wear my basketball shoes and my costume. Jiwon also do the same.

 

“Ah, how can we get to the field?” Jiwon asks me, in front of our dorm. Right! How can we get there?

 

“Take a cab?” I suggest, and she scowls. “What a waste! My money.” She opens her wallet and act dramatically. I laugh at her reaction. But she’s right, what a waste.

 

“Let’s walk to the front gate, maybe we can take a bus.” I say.

 

“Do you know how? The route? Do you even know where the field is?” Jiwon fires me with question. I scratch my head, both of us are not familiar with Seoul. I pull Jiwon and decide to ask someone later. We walk slowly, chatting and laughing like a fool.

 

“Hyekyo, do you think we will see The First tonight?” Sudenlly, Jiwon asks me. I shake my head, and fix the position of my backpack. I do curious, but I feel excited not because of The First, but The Second.

 

“Ya! Why are you grinning like an idiot?” She pinches my cheek, and tickles the side of my body. I squirm like a worm, and run away from her.

 

“Bi-mil! (it’s a secret!)” I move further from her and she runs to catch me.

 

“Hey! That’s not fair! I told you about my feeling for Jingoo sunbae, you MUST tell me yours!” I run faster but finally let her catch me. Both of us out of breath, and laugh together. What a great way for warming up. I hear a honk from behind. I look away to the side, there’s Minsuk sunbae and Chihoon sunbae inside the car.

 

“Hello beautiful ladies! Hop in! Let’s go to the field together!” Chihoon sunbae get off from the car and open the back door for us. Wow, so lucky!

 

“Kamsahamnida, sunbae-deul!” We shout together happily beside the sunbaes. They shift from their seat and hold their ears. They clap for us and our energy. We only know each other less than a day, but they make us comfortable.

 

An hour later (thank to the traffic) we arrive at the field. Minsuk sunbae told us, actually it’s only 20 minutes by car, but the heavy traffic made us late. 4 of us get inside the building. I look around, scan the surroundings and find there’re lot of new student and the seniors.

 

“Wuah, there’re a lot of people. Oh look! Jingoo sunbae!” Jiwon points her finger to the crowd. Ah, stupid, I didn’t bring my glasses or even using my contact lens.

 

“I can’t see. I didn’t bring my glasses and my contacts. ” I huff, scolding myself for being a forgetful person. I wish I could play well today. Jiwon drags me to the tribune and sit there. The seniors introducing themselves also all of the juniors. I told them my name, my origin and my faculty. Everyone gives us applause and start to play.

 

“Okay! Let’s divide the team. I’ll choose the captain for each team. We’ll play 3 on 3, so we can observe the new comers skill comprehensively. Hmm, 20 new comers. 10 girls, 10 boys. 10 teams okay!” I think he’s the leader of this club, Cha Taehyun sunbaenim. He’s a medical student. I wonder if he know Insung oppa.

 

“Emm, I’ll pick the male senior as the captain. The female senior are not coming, they’re having a match. Hmm… Cheolho .. Daniel .. Chihoon .. Jingoo .. Hyunbin The first five captain, please choose your member. 1 male, 1 female.” Ordered Taehyun sunbae. The 5 sunbae .. are totally hot. The girl beside me already goes crazy when she looked at the king of her heart.

 

“OMOOO! I want to be one team with Jingoo sunbae!!!! Please Lord, pleaaaseeeeeeee.” She presses her palm together and pray to God for her wish. I laugh at her but also feel anxious. I heard Hyunbin sunbae’s name, well, I want to join his team. But, I can’t be straightforward as Jiwon. Daniel, Chihoon, Cheolho sunbae already pick their team, and it’s Jingoo sunbae’s turn. He already pick the boy, his eyes scanning the tribune now, looking for the girl. I may not wear my glasses but I know Jingoo sunbae’ eyes to our direction.

 

“Yah, I think he’s going to pick you.” I whisper to Jiwon. She’ giggling happily and squeeze my hand tightly.

 

“For the girl …. I choose ….. Kim Jiwon.” Shouted Jingoo sunbae. She turns into ice.

 

“Earth to Jiwon, Earth to Jiwon!” I flick her forehead, she quickly stand up and the wide smile sculpted on her beautiful face. “Ne!” She winks at me and goes descend the stairs, standing behind Jingoo sunbae.

 

“Now, Hyunbin. Please do it faster, Bin.” Taehyun sunbae begs him and he quickly nods his head.

 

“I choose Yoo Ah-in hoobae for the boy … and …..” All of the girls around me whispering to each other. They say they get eye contact with the Second.

 

“Omoooo, he looks at my direction. He’s going to pick me!” I hear the girl behind me talk to her friend, but her friend disagree with her. “No! He’s definitely looking at me!” I close my ear, she’s screaming out loud.

 

“…Song Hyekyo.” I turn my head, I think hear my name being called. Who is it? But .. what I got is a death glare from all of the woman. Huh? What’s going on here?

 

“Song Hyekyo hoobae? Come here.” Taehyun sunbae calls me, and I quickly stand up. Omooo, Hyunbin sunbae picked me!? I hear the girls talk behind me. “It’s only because of her pretty face. I bet she can’t play.” BAH, I really want to turn around and scold her for what she’s saying! I’ll show them my skill!

 

I arrive at the field and bow to Hyunbin sunbae.

 

“Hello sunbae, and hello Ah-in ssi” Both of them smile at me, but suddenly I feel a hand on my hair. “Play nicely, Kyo!” I froze at my place because of his gesture. My heart beat start increasing its speed. I hear another gasp and a little scream from the tribune. Gosh, I’m so doomed.

 

“Just speak comfortably Hyekyo! Just call me Ah-in.” I feel a hand placed on my shoulder, Ah-in’s, but I feel comfortable with it.

 

“Team 1-5 please get back to your seat but as a team. Okay, lets pick another captain for tea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter