CH 7. The Late Night Talks

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, you 😊 Nice too see you again. Let me do my routine, here 2 songs for accompanying you Leaves and A Second To Forget. Hope you enjoy the story and the songs as well.

 

📲 Ring Ring Ringggg~

 

📲 Ring Ring RIngggg~

 

A loud noise sounded from Chaeyoung's phone made her jolting awake from her sleep. Uggh who's calling me in the morning like this?!

She tried to find her phone without bothering to open her eyes until she got her phone on the hand. Oh, it's Nayeon Unnie... She read the caller's name as soon as she saw the phone screen. Then she received the call.

"Oooh Nayeon unnie... annyeong~" Chaeyoung answered the phone with a low and husky voice, she closed her eyes again while kept resting her head on the pillow.

"YAAAAAA-! You didn't send any texts since yesterday morning Son Chaeyoung!!!" A really loud voice came from her phone, now her eyes wide open. She thought Nayeon unnie were there at a split second before she rubbed her face then sat on the edge of her bed. It's only 7.30, what the hell Nayeon unnie yell at me in the morning like this.

"Can you lower your voice, unnie? It's too early to hear you yelling." Chaeyoung whispered as she saw Mina still in her deep sleep on the bed across her, then she walked to the bathroom just in case the phone call will disturb Mina's sleep accidentally. 

"Okay, mianhae~ Where were you yesterday, Chaengie~?" Nayeon changed her voice now.

"Is she pick her phone?" It's Jeongyeon's voice who asking to Nayeon. Nayeon hummed in response.

"Me, Jeongyeon and Dahyun stay at Jihyo's since last night." Nayeon explained a bit, "Say hi to uri maknae, guys~"

"CHAENG CHAENG CHAENG! I MISS YOUUUU! Please come back sooon~" It's Dahyun, with her playful tone of voice.

"Oy little cub! Were you lost yesterday?" Jeongyeon ended her speak with a giggling.

"Chaengi-aaaah, unnie miss you~ How are youuu?" It's of course, Jihyo unnie with her lovely voice.

Chaeyoung couldn't help but smiling after hearing all of their voice. "I'm okay unnie, just a little bit tired after traveled across the seaa~."

"Now explain it to us, where were you yesterday?" Nayeon asked the youngest straight to the point.

Chaeyoung let out a deep sigh before she started explaining all to her unnies about what happened yesterday.

"WHAAAAT-? You stay with a stranger in a hotel room?! You know it'll be dangerous for you Son Chaeyoung!!! GET OUT FROM THERE, NOW!" Her unnies started to yell.

Chaeyoung knew it, her unnies would scold her about this. She couldn't utter a word, only a sigh escaped from .

"OR... I WILL TELL YOUR MOM!" Nayeon threw a threat to the youngest.

"Ya, ya, ya! Wait unnie! Please don't tell anything to mom." Chaeyoung panicked hearing Nayeon's threat.

"THEN GET OUT FROM THERE!" Now Jeongyeon's scolding at her.

"Okay, okay calm down unnie! She didn't do anything!" Chaeyoung paused.

"She's kind... until now."

"YAAAA-! WE NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN LATER CHAENGIE!!! PLEASE GET OUT! NOW!" It sounds like a final call to her, as she heard Jihyo unnie yelling at her.

Chaeyoung could never win the debate with her unnies. She really knows it. "Okay unnie, I'll pack my things. Don't tell anything to my mom, okay?"

"Tell us when you already get out from there, okay. Stay safe Chaeng!" Dahyun tried to lowered the tension.

Chaeyoung released a deep sigh after put her phone on her pocket then sat on the lid of the toilet. Her mind flew away to what happen last night, to what conversation they had. Mina's voice kept spinning in her head.

"You'll start missing the scold, the lecture, their presence, their calls, their texts, their face, their voice, their laugh, their smile, their smell."

.

.

Chaeyoung gulped, when those words appeared in her head.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

- Flashback -

9 August 2016 - Aomori Hotel - 12.30 am

 

"Chaeyoung, are you asleep?" Mina asked Chaeyoung who still back facing her.

Chaeyoung a little bit surprised to hear the girl’s voice in the middle of the night. She thought Mina already fell asleep couple hours ago.

Chaeyoung turned her body to face Mina's, and she chuckled to find out the two of them haven't gone to sleep yet. "Not yet, I already have so much sleep today. Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"Do you wanna talk?"

“Hmm, yeah sure.”

Chaeyoung changed her position. Mina still could see her silhouette even the room already dark, then Mina the lamp between her bed and Chaeyoung’s.

Chaeyoung already sat on her bed, her feet were pulled closer to her body, then she grabbed her pillow to be hugged in front of her chest. And so did Mina.

“What do you wanna talk about?”

"I don't know, anything. I'm tired actually, but I can't sleep. Have you ever experienced it?"

Chaeyoung nodded, "Hmm, yeah. When I was too excited, or when my head kept thinking about something and I don’t know how to stop it, or... when I kept scrolling down the social media." Chaeyoung chuckled due to the last reason and so did Mina.

“Hahaha, yeah the last one, for most of the time.”

Chaeyoung tried to figure out what topic she could bring up. “Hmm, I already told you many things about me. What if… now, you tell me about yourself?”

“Hmm okay, what do you want to know?”

Chaeyoung smiled, felt a bit excited since she finally got the chance to know more about Mina, “I didn’t get a chance before, to ask you if you’re on a vacation or what?”

“Hmm, I can’t fully say that it’s a vacation, tho.”

Chaeyoung confused and raised her eyebrows.

“Yeah, I’m a travel writer contributor from Kobe and I’m responsible for Kansai area. But, a couple days ago Tokyo head office asked me to go to Hokkaido to cover up some events there since all of the interns have already been sent to another places.”

Chaeyoung’s jaw dropped, “Wooooah, you’re a travel writer? That’s coooool! I never expected to meet one.” She hugged her pillow tighter and her body slightly jumping up and down on her bed due to her excitement.

“So, you travel a lot?” Chaeyoung’s eyes twinkled.

Mina chuckled, “I’m only tr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter