CH 6. The So-Called Hitchhike

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey you, you, thanks again for coming >.< Did you realize I'm still writing for the August 8? LOL. Should we start? And here 2 songs for the road trip, AAA - NEW and American Authors - Luck. Enjoy the ride 😉

 

8 August 2016. Aomori Ferry Terminal, Japan. 10.00 pm.

 

*A thunder rumbled in the sky*

 

"Come on, get in. It's going to rain." Mina opened the car door beside the passenger seat from inside, then she looked again to Chaeyoung who's still standing outside beside the driver seat, "Come on, let’s go, I'll drop you off at your place."

 

Chaeyoung walked around the front of the classic maroon Renault car(a/n just like the car from the gif pic on the top page) to the passenger seat on Mina’s right side.

“You can put your backpack on the back seat, Chaeng.” Chaeyoung stunned by her nickname was called by that girl. “O-oh y-yeah…” She put it on the back seat, then sat beside Mina nervously. She never expected something like this will happen. Chaeyoung never expected she'll meet the beautiful stranger again as soon as like this time since she already think that the latter already left and now that beautiful stranger give her a ride. 

Mina glanced to Chaeyoung, “Your seatbelt, milady.” then a thin smile appeared from Mina’s lips before the car started to move.

There were some cars in front of theirs, lined up to get out from the port area.

Random songs from the radio was played as the background music in low volume. And it’s started to rain outside.

 

🎵 AAA - NEW 🎵

HAVE A NEW HAVE A NEW FEELING

HAVE A NEW HAVE A NEW FEELING

Mou ikkai tobi dasu summer tune ni nokkatte

Gyougyoushii stereotype nara I don't care

Story in the sun mata tsunagaru fragment

Sameyaranai kikiwakenai bokura no rakuen

 

“I thought you already left before me.” Chaeyoung broke the silence.

“Hahaha, what a twist! It. was. you. who. left. me. But it’s not your fault, I went to rest room, and when I came back to the dormitory room, you’re already gone.”

“Aaw, I’m sorry Mina…”

Mina chuckled, “It’s okay, Chaeng.” Chaeyoung glanced to Mina as she heard her nickname again. It's unfamiliar familiar for her.

"Am I not allowed to call you like that?" Mina glanced to Chaeyoung as she realized the respond of the younger girl.

"Hmm, no, no, it's okay! My friends sometimes calling me like that too. For... you know... making it short and simple." Chaeyoung forced a small laugh to hide her nervousness.

"Great." Mina plastered a smile on her face.

"Hmm, by the way, I don't know you bring your car."

"It's because... when we're in Hakodate, right before we got on board, you ran to the rest room. So, you didn't see me bring my car to the ship."

Chaeyoung nodded, "Okay, case closed. Anyway, I always wondering what is it like to hitchhike." Chaeyoung chuckled to her own thought.

"But you're not hitchhiked before, I'm the one who give you a ride."

"Yeah, but I think there's not too much difference. So it's kinda so-called hitchhike." Chaeyoung shrugged her shoulders then grinned to the older girl.

"Should I give it a try?" Chaeyoung continue talking.

"For what?" Mina glanced at Chaeyoung while her hands rested on the steering wheel.

"Hitchhiking. Point my thumb up while my other hand holding up my destination written on paper." Chaeyoung let out a chuckle.

Mina chuckled to the younger's, "Like you can."

Chaeyoung bursted out in laughter, "You're right, I don't think I can do that. I can't imagine how it could be while I'm inside the car."

Another random song from radio played on the background, as they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter