CH 2. An Extroverted Introvert

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 August 2016. Sapporo, Japan. 8 am.

 

After Chaeyoung took a shower and packed her things, she looks all over the edge of beautiful Japanese-style room to make sure she had all of her belongings before she checks out from the guest house. She grabs some bread and a morning cup of coffee from the dining room while passing it.

“Oh, are you going now? It’s too early, isn’t it?” the host asks Chaeyoung as she sees the girl with her backpack besides her.

“Oh yeah, I’ll be going after I finish my coffee, Shinoda-san. No, it’s not, I need to catch the ferry from Hakodate to Aomori.” Chaeyoung flashes a big grin to the beautiful 31-year-old woman in front of her.

Shinoda saw the big grin from the baby-faced girl in front of her and she found it much more cuter as a deep dimple on the right cheek appeared.  She chuckled.

“Hmm I can say someone really happy now~ Is this your first time to be on ferry?” Chaeyoung nodding vigorously as she flashing her big grin again before she stands from the chair after she had the last sip from her coffee, ready to continue her adventure. “Now I’m ready to go!”

“I see~ have fun Chaeyoung. Ki o tsukete.” Chaeyoung trying to figure out the last couple words from Shinoda-san.

Shinoda knows that the little girl didn’t understand what she said. She spells it again, slower than before “Ki – o – tsu – ke – te. That means be careful or take care.” Shinoda finished it with smile.

Chaeyoung smiled as touched by those simple words, since it’s the first time she heard it from someone whom she just met a couple days ago. “Shinoda-san, arigatou gozaimaa~ Thanks a lot for helping me discovering hidden gems of the city~”

“Hai~ Doumo~ Let me know when you’re back here. Sapporo looks better on winter~” She winked to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung just chuckled. Then she bowed to Shinoda before she left.

 

“Matane~!” Chaeyoung waving her last goodbye.

 

“Jā mata!” Shinoda waving until Chaeyoung’s back disappeared from her sight.

 

-----

*matane/ jā mata means see you later.

 

-----

Chaeyoung walks to the bus station. As she walks, she enjoying herself, enjoying her surroundings, living in the moment and being at peace.

After a good 15 minutes, she finally arrived at the bus station, she finds a ticket counter and buy one for the next ride. After she got her ticket, she decided to have a seat first as she approached the nearest bench. While waiting for the bus, she keeps thinking what kind of person she’ll be going to meet next time.

Chaeyoung, for most of the time, is never been the type of person who approach someone first. She always be the type of person who learn and figure out the people’s character from afar.

 

No, she’s not shy, she’s just… hmm… an extroverted introvert.

 

She’s often quiet, but it doesn’t mean she doesn’t wanna talk. She most likely has plenty of thoughts that she wants to talk about with other people, but think that those things won’t interest them. So, she’d rather listen to people first because she wants to learn more about them.

She loves meeting new people. It’s okay if it’s a total stranger for her. Sometimes, your secret is safer in the hands of strangers than anyone you know. That’s what Chaeyoung believes.

 

As her mind was flooded by a lot of thoughts, she’s woken up by the vibration of her phone. As she unlocks her phone, a pop-up message appears on the screen.

 

NY: Baby Chaengie~ already wake up?

Nayeon sent text on the group chat. Yeah, her unnies always asking her every single day since Chaeyoung made a promise to contact them every day. She’s aware that her unnies just want to make sure that she’s okay. That’s all.

Chaeyoung flashes a smile as she could hear Nayeon’s voice in her head calling her baby Chaengie.

Oh geez, this unnie…

CY: Morning bunny unnie 😊

DH: CHAENG CHAENG CHAENG!

Chaeyoung chuckled as she could also hear Dahyun’s voice now in her head.

CY: Oh, you’re awake Dahyun unnie? It’s still early tho.

DH: Kekekekeke I haven’t gone to sleep yet 😲 I’m about to sleep until the group notification appeared. LOL. Yo I gotta peace out! Bye baby cub!

She must have had movie marathon again…

CY: Ugh bye unnie~ Dream of me kekekeke

NY: Hey, have you had breakfast Chae?

Oh, it’s Jeongyeon unnie. I’m 99.9% sure. I don’t know why I keep hearing their voices right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter