CH 5. Need a Ride?

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey you, hello again! Here 2 songs for this chapter Evergreen - Leeway and Never Gonna Leave You. Hope you enjoy the reading 😉

 

“So, you’re on your vacation or what?” Mina asked Chaeyoung while having their food.

“Yea, I'm on my vacation”

"And just by yourself?"

"Yes, just by myself." Chaeyoung smiled and her eyes twinkled then started to tell Mina more about her trip, from how she nagged a lot to her parents and until she got the permission to do her trip from Sapporo to Tokyo.

“Wow, I meet the adventurous one… It’s an honor to meet you.” Mina smiled, slightly teased the little cub.

“Hahaha. It’s not like thaaaa~t. Don't call me like that, that's too much.”

“Hahaha. Okay, okay, you can call yourself anything.”

Chaeyoung just chuckled, couldn’t say anything to the girl.

“Oh, by the way, how old are you? You look younger than me.”

“I’m 19, what about you?”

“21. You’re still under 20, you're not afraid to travel abroad by yourself?”

“I'm lying if I tell you I'm not. But I trust myself, I can manage my fear, and I already made so many research before I landed on Japan, they're really help. Even there would be unexpected things happen, like... this afternoon, but it's not like the end of my life, right?”

“Wooow, you're really cool indeed, Chaeyou~ng." Chaeyoung's face turned red hearing the praise from the beautiful girl in front of her.

"Anyway, since you're older than me, what should I call you? Mina-san? Mina-sama? Hmm... oooor Mina... senpai?" Chaeyoung spoke cutely, threw the joke to the older, a small laugh escaped from Chaeyoung's mouth.

Mina couldn't hold her laugh and facepalmed herself, "Hahaha, senpai you said... Oooh it's funny. I never expected that!"

And Chaeyoung couldn't hold her smile seeing the girl laughing to her joke.

Mina tried her best to stop her laugh, "It's okay to call me Mina only." She plastered a smile on her face.

“Okay Mina senpai." Chaeyoung teased the girl, then munched on her food again. On the other side, Mina's face reddened, trying hard to control herself.

.

.

"Anyway, are you from Hokkaido?”

“Nope. I’m from Kobe.”

“Hmm, where is it?

“You might have heard Osaka before, right?”

Chaeyoung hummed and nodded in respond.

“Kobe’s not far from Osaka. It’s only about an hour ride.”

“Ooh- that’s pretty close. I thought it would be 3 to 4 hours.”

“Hahaha, nope.”

 

“Oh! I remember now, Kobe beef! Is Kobe beef originally from Kobe?”

A small laugh escaped from Mina’s mouth.

“Hahaha, yeah yes it is. Have you tried it before?”

Chaeyoung shooked her head, “But I think I wanna try one in Tokyo. Can you recommend me a good one?”

Mina raised her eyebrows slightly as she tried to remember the best Kobe beef in Tokyo.

 

“Maybe you can find it in Ginza area. I don’t really remember the restaurant’s name. But… it’s pretty expensive.”

“How much?”

“It could be 20,000 to 35,000 yen ($200~$350) per set.”

Chaeyoung choked on water as she heard how much it will cost for the Kobe beef.

 

“Hey, you okay? Drink your water slowly, kid.”

 

Chaeyoung still coughing a couple times before she managed it.

“Yaaa-! You recommend a 20,000 yen beef to backpacker?!" Chaeyoung spoke jokingly to the older girl.

Mina burst laughing, “Maybe you packed millions of money on your backpack. Who knows, right? And you asking me a good one.”

Chaeyoung joined the laugh, “Hahaha,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter