CH 3. Hilarious Talks

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

8 August 2016. On the way to Hakodate, Japan. 9.45 am.

 

“Do you want some?” She flashes her smile to me. Oh wait, her voice sounds really cute in my ears.

 

“Oh… Nae, kam… hmm thank you.” I smiled to her as I took the sandwich from the lunch box. I’m not really hungry actually, but I took it as a chance to talk to someone.

 

“So, you’re a Korean…” Is it a question? But it sounds like a conclusion she made. I don’t wanna be rude, so I gave her a small nod twice as I swallowed the sandwich in my mouth.

 

“Yes, I’m Korean. How do you know? Am I so obvious?”

 

She chuckled.

 

“Nope. I don’t know it at first. I couldn’t have guessed until you talked before.”

 

She paused as she swallowed her sandwich.

 

“Nae… kam...” I think she tried to imitate me.

“sahamnida… I think that was what you wanted to say before, am I right?” She chuckled again before wiped as she finished her sandwich.

 

Chaeyoung gave the girl a small laugh.

 

“Oh wait wait wait! I think I saw you somewhere…!” The girl brought her face closer to Chaeyoung. Trying hard to remember where and when she met the latter as she squinted her eyes.

 

Chaeyoung slightly pulled her face back due to the girl’s action.

 

“Aaaaaah! We were going to the same hotel I think!”

“Huh? I don’t think so… I stayed at a guest house…” The girl facepalmed after hearing it.

 

“Hmmm…” She tried harder to remember it.

 

“AAAAAAAHHHH! DID YOU ever eat at Teshikaga Ramen? One of ramen shop in Ganso Sapporo!”

 

“Hmm, I don’t know the name of the ramen shop, but yeah, I ate there once, at Ganso Sapporo.” Chaeyoung answered it hesitantly.

 

“You’re the one who got a small katana from the shop owner, right?!”

 

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes to the girl.

 

“Ooookay, you're right, and now you’re creeping me out!”

 

A laugh escaped from the girl’s mouth before she started to talk again, “Wooow! It also gives me goosebumps, kid! I don’t know if I can rely on my memory. Since I always forgot where I left my phone.”

 

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes again, “Are you… following me?!”

 

The girl chuckled. “Let me remind you this, I got on the bus before you.”

 

Chaeyoung chuckled as she remembered that. “Alright, God always knows how to surprise us, I think. So, where are you from?”

 

“Oh, you couldn’t guess? Am I not too obvious?”

 

“Hmm… I just don’t wanna judge you by the appearance and only by the fact where we are right now, you know.” I paused and a small laugh escaped from my mouth.

“But I think you’re a Japanese. Right or wrong?”

 

She stifled a laugh, and she gave me a sidelong glance.

 

“I don’t think you really need an answer anymore.” We giggled to our conversation.

 

“Oooh my bad… I forgot, I’m Momo, Hirai Momo. And you are…?”

 

A chuckled escaped from my mouth.

 

“It’s okay… Son Chaeyoung, you can call me Chaeyoung, Chae or Chaeng.”

 

“Alright Chaeyoung!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter