CH 4. Luckily Unlucky

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, you, you can listen to Smile & Keep Your Head Up , Falling in Love , Painting the Horizon and The Crimson Tide if you want to lift your mood while reading this chapter 😉 And I'll update the Hundreds of Miles playlist from time to time, enjoy ✌

 

 

8 August 2016. Hakodate Terminal, Japan. 1.45 pm.

 

“Do you need help?”

 

Chaeyoung was surprised.

Surprised by the 4 English words she heard from that girl.

Surprised by the girl’s existence.

Surprised by her voice.

Surprised by everything that happened in front of her.

Surprised by everything in the universe that seems like stopped moving now.

Alright, that’s too much. It’s too cheesy. Stop it, Chaeng.

 

But again… how could this person looks so exquisite without much efforts? That girl, with light chestnut brown hair, without heavy makeup on, only wears a striped t-shirt and short shorts with slingback sandals on her feet. It’s so unfair, right? I’m not sure what makes her looks so… alluring.

 

Chaeyoung finally realized slightly open. And trying hard to gather all her soul before she speaks to the taller girl who’s waiting her to speak, with patience.

 

“Oh yeah, sorry, what did you say before? You speak English?” Chaeyoung asked the girl.

 

A laugh escaped from between the girl's pursed lips. “Does it sound like Japanese? Or Spanish now?” The girl answered jokingly.

“I saw you before from my seat, when you and the staff start explain something with your bodies. Are you lost or something?”

“Oh no, hahahah. Well, uhm maybe, lost in words…” Chaeyoung paused as she scratched her nape.

“Hmm actually, I need to buy a ticket for the next departure, but I don’t know what he said. Can you help me?” Chaeyoung looked up a bit to the taller girl, showing her wide-eyed gaze.

If someone saw them from afar, it’ll look really cute tho. The height differences and Chaeyoung’s gaze.

 

“Well, what time do you wanna get on board?” The girl asked to Chaeyoung.

“Hmm the earliest, 2.30?”

“Hmm I see, the staff must be trying to explained to you the ticket for 2.30 was sold out. Or, I could say the ship already reached the maximum capacity.” The taller girl explained to Chaeyoung.

 

“Uhm… Is that so?” Chaeyoung pouted hard.

The girl pitied the shorter girl. “Yeah, they told me before. I was planning to get on board at 2.30 too. But, yeah, it’s too late. Shouganai.”

Chaeyoung looked at the girl confusedly like asking her to translate the last word into English.

 

“I mean, it can’t be help.”

 

Chaeyoung just nodded and pouted again as she remembered this incident will ruin her schedule. “They’re too strict. I’m only 48 kilos, tho… 56 kilos including my belongings.” Chaeyoung grumbled unconsciously.

 

The girl’s face crinkled in her small laughter hearing a grumble from the little girl. “But you’re not the only one who want to get on board, you know.”

 

“Hmm, yeah. You got the point.” Chaeyoung pouted harder.

 

“Okay, listen, I think all you can do now is only… this.” The girl gave Chaeyoung a piece of form, “You need to fill the form first before you buy the ticket. Unfortunately, the next departure will be at 6 pm. And the ticket counter will be opened an hour before it. How’s?

 

“MWO?! At 6?!” Chaeyoung groaned and ruffled her short hair. Until she released a deep sigh while her face looking up to the ceiling. Surrendered to her fate.

 

“Alright… hmm sorry. I’m complaining a lot.” Chaeyoung took the form from the taller girl’s hand.

“Oh yeah, thanks by the way.” Chaeyoung tried to smile to the taller girl even though she knew that a trace of upset still lingering on her face.

 

“Hahaha. It’s okay. And since the form is written in both kanji and English, I think you can manage it by yourself, right?” The taller girl tried to reassure Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung nodded, gave a sign that she’ll be okay without her guidance.

“Great, I will back to my seat. But if you need anything else, feel free to ask, okay?”

“Okay, thank you … Hmm, miss…?”

“Mina, you can call me Mina. And you?”

“It’s Chaeyoung. Thanks again, Mina.”

Mina’s mouth curved into a smile without showing her teeth. “No problem, Chaeyoung.”

 

Why she looks so enchanting with that smile??? Ohhh, but this incident is really really really killing my mood right now. Why I still manage to appreciate her beauty? Geez, Chaeng. But we can’t get many chances to meet attractive people every day, right?

 

Chaeyoung walked lazily to the nearest bench and started to fill in the form. She felt really tired now. She released deep sighs a couple times. Until she started to find that Mina girl.

Chaeyoung looked at a direction where the girl headed to before. And, there she is. She sits on the bench in the left corner of the room. A laptop on her lap as she’s typing on the keyboard. Her round glasses perched on her nose bridge.

 

Oh, she’s wearing glasses now, really suit her.

Should I approach her? But she’s in the middle of something.

4 hours… I have to wait 4 hours… And I have to spend another 4 hours on the ship later.

What can I do now?

It’s absolutely not my lucky day.

Ugh, if only I left earlier before…

If only I didn’t miscalculate the time schedule.

 

Chaeyoung's occupied by her own thoughts.

 

If only there’s a bed, even if it’s only a sofa, it would be great.

I really missed my bolster now and my back craved for a soft mattress.

 

Until her eyelids felt heavy.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

Chaeyoung woke up when she heard several people entered the terminal. slightly open. Fortunately, she had her snapback covering her face while sleeping. Hmm… I must be really tired.

Chaeyoung rubbed her face as she makes sure there’s no dried slobber on her face. As she stood from her seat, she stretched her arms and feet. Then she looked at her wristwatch. It’s almost 5.

Wow, I can’t believe I can sleep on the bench for hours. No surprise, it gives me aches all over my body.

“Hey, you’re awake?” Mina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter