CH 9. Sudden Challenge

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey there, my beloved reader, you 😊 Here the songs for this chapter, Cherry Street and Overwhelmed. Hope you enjoy the story as well as you enjoy the songs 😊

 

 

From one museum to another museum, from one exhibition to another exhibition, from one festival to another festival, from one ramen shop to another food shops, that’s exactly what Chaeyoung and Mina did for past 3 days. Their days were packed with tight schedule from morning until night since they decided to visit so many places in Aomori. Those times made them feel more comfortable to each other. And today they decide to move to the next destination, Hirosaki. It’s still located in Aomori Prefecture after all and not really far from Aomori, only about an hour ride and they’ll arrive at the largest producer of apples in Japan.

 

August 12th – Aomori Hotel – 8.00 a.m

 

Chaeyoung woke up from her sleep, sat on the edge of her bed, rubbed her face while yawning widely like a little lion cub. Then she looked at Mina who’s still in her deep sleep. Chaeyoung tried to fight her sleepiness, but she zoned out for a moment while her eyes kept staring at Mina’s direction. Her thoughts flying over somewhere.

 

- Flashback -

 

It’s 3 a.m and Mina’s hands still typing on her laptop keyboard. Without her knowing, Chaeyoung woke up from her sleep and watched the girl for a moment.

“Mina, you’re not going to sleep now? It’s pretty late tho.”

Mina startled as she heard the husky voice from the younger girl.

“Oh, sorry Chaeng, do I disturb your sleep just now? I think I type on the keyboard too hard…” Mina asked to the latter as she looked at her in guilty.

Chaeyoung chuckled, “No, it’s okay. But it’s 3 a.m now, and we’ll go to Hirosaki today. You need a rest, Mina.”

Mina rubbed her face then adjusting her glasses, “Uh… Yeah I know, I’m just too excited to finish my articles now. I’ll sleep in few minutes okay. You can continue your sleep first, Chaeng.”

“Hmm nah… I’ll wait for you…”

Mina stared at the little cub who just closed her eyes while saying that. Mina chuckled.

“Really… I’ll wait for you even I’m closing my eyes like this. I’m still awake, you better finish you articles soon, I keep my ears open.” Chaeyoung continued her speech not bothering to open her eyes due to her sleepiness.

Mina smiled after hearing it. “Okay, I’ll sleep now…” Then Mina closed her laptop before put it on the drawer beside the bed, “Good night little cub.” She said in a whisper, while the latter already in her dreamland, again.

 

- End of flashback -

 

Chaeyoung woke up from her reverie. She’s staring again at Mina. Ugh, I fell asleep after I said that to her. What time she’d gone to sleep then? Should I wake her up now? Hmm… Nah… later Chaeng, maybe she need more sleep.

She kept staring at the older girl's face, again she's admiring the beauty of the girl in front of her. Almost half of her face covered by the hair, but Chaeyoung still can see the pretty nose, the moles, and the thin lips. Without her knowing, the corner of her lips turned up. She chuckled to herself before walked lazily to the bathroom as she thinks she needs cold water all over her body to fight off her sleepiness.

 

---------------------------------------------------

 

It’s 10.00 a.m and Chaeyoung just finished her breakfast. She brought some foods on a tray for Mina since the latter still in her sleep before.

 

Knock Knock Knock

 

“Room service!” Chaeyoung giggled as she said jokingly in front of their room.

One...

Two...

Three...

Four...

Five...

Chaeyoung counted slowly. The door wasn't opened and there's no answer from the inside too. Ugh, is she still sleeping?

Chaeyoung wanna grab her card key from her pocket but failed since she’s bringing so many foods on the tray. Then she wanna put the tray on the floor so she can fish the key out, but then the door's opened, revealing Mina who has her eyes half open with a slightly messy hair covering her face.

A small laugh escaped from Chaeyoung’s mouth after seeing that beautiful girl with cutely messy like that. “Your breakfast milady.” She ended it with a smile and a deep dimple slowly appeared from her right cheek.

 

“Oh, I thought you were really a hotel staff.” Mina said while rubbing her face then she opened the door widely so Chaeyoung can enter the room easily with the tray on her hands.

“I bring you some foods since the hotel breakfast time has ended.” Chaeyoung said as she put the tray on the desk.

“They let you brought the food here?”

Chaeyoung nodded, “They even lend me the tray.” Chaeyoung flashed a big grin to Mina.

Mina couldn’t hold the chuckle seeing the younger making that funny face. “Thanks Chaeng, but really... you don’t need to do this…”

"Eeey, no proble--“ Chaeyoung’s cut off by the phone call. She took a look at the phone screen. Momo Unnie.

“Eat your breakfast okay.” Chaeyoung said to Mina before she picked up the call as she walked to the window. Mina only gave her nod then eat her breakfast.

“Hello…”

“Hey kid! Are you on your way?”

“Uhm… not yet unnie. Maybe in an hour or two. Why?”

“Nah… I just wanna ask you, do you mind if I bring my friends at the dinner?”

“Hmm, not at all, the more the merrier. And actually, I wanna ask you the same, I’ll bring a friend there. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Great! It’ll be more fun! Lemme know when you arrive, okay! I’ll share the location later.”

“Okay unnie. See you later.”

“See ya!”

 

Mina locked her gaze as she asking the dinner thingy. Chaeyoung got what kind of look was that, then she explained it to Mina about her meeting with Momo on the bus until Momo invite her to meet again in Hirosaki.

“So… Since we’ve been traveled together, I want you to come with me. Is that okay?” Chaeyoung scratched her nape as sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter