CH 1. Two Weeks Before

Hundreds of Miles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was listening to Us The Duo - Take Me Home as I was writing this chapter 😂 And if you use spotify, you can also follow "Hundreds of Miles" playlist. Hope you'll get the same mood, as you listen to this. Enjoy the reading, you!

 

Chaeyoung POV

8 August 2016. Sapporo, Japan. 7 am.

Oh , I’m still sleepy. Please I wanna have some more sleep.

As I’m whining to myself.

But I know if I sleep again I will late for the bus and at the end I’ll ruin all the schedule I’ve made

So I decided to have a seat on the edge of the bed while my eyes still closed, gathering all my soul to take shower, pack my things and ready to go.

-----

I only have a week in Sapporo before continuing my journey. It was fun, all of the strangers I’ve met were really nice. I think I’ve made the right decision backpacking to Japan, just by myself, for the first time in other country without my parents, without a friend, without mastering the language.

These past few days, I approved it that Japan is one of the world’s safest countries. But, of course, when the first time I asked my parents to travel to Japan for one month and a half, they’re worried and hesitated to give me permission. I could see it all over their face and their words after that.

I’ve never done it before, to travel overseas by myself. And I’ve never been to Japan. But I assured my parents every day that I’ll be okay, I’m not a kid anymore, I’ll call them every day if they want and it’s not like I will travel really far from home, it’s just our neighbor country, for God’s sake!

Even my friends gave me a little farewell party. It’s not for me actually.

At first, our group will give Jeongyeon unnie a farewell party on the 3rd week of August since she will be leaving on the next week.

Yeah, she’ll leave us for ing 2 years. She gets a scholarship for exchange student in Germany. I’m really happy for her. But, it’s kinda sad at the same time. Little that I know, her departure will be one of my reasons to leave before hers.

---------------------------------------------------

-- 2 weeks ago on group chat --

25 July 2016. Seoul, Korea. 4 pm.

 

Me: I will go to Japan for this summer holiday guys!

Nayeon: What? All of a sudden?

Jeongyeon: WTH Chaeng!

Me: Words, Jeongyeon Unnie…

Dahyun: TT what I supposed to do when you’re not around Chaeng!

Jihyo: With your family? For how long?

Me: Nope, it’s not so sudden actually Nayeon unnie ☹ I already asked my parents 3 months ago, fortunately unfortunately they just gave me a yes for a couple minutes ago.  So, yeah, it sounds so sudden for all of you guys. It’s for a month and half, and I’ll go without my fam, just by myself, Jihyo unnie.

Jeongyeon: I REALLY REALLY HATE YOU RIGHT NOW SON CHAEYOUNG!!!

Nayeon: Omo! You must be kidding! It will be dangerous to go alone! Who will take care of you?

Jihyo: Are you sure Chaengie-ah?! And you know Jeongyeon unnie will be leaving by the end of next month…

Dahyun: What if I go with you, Chaeng? You won’t be lonely if I come with you, right? :D

Jeongyeon: KIM DAHYUN!

Dahyun: TT mian Jeongyeon unnie~

Me: Nayeon unnie, I already did my research for months, so please don’t worry, I’ll be OK. Jeongyeon unnie, I know you’ll be mad at me, but this is one of my dream since… I don’t know for how long, you already know that. And yes that means I can’t see you off at the airport on your departure, but I’ll make s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter